The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr Is Ridiculously Op - Lvl 200+

(PSN)Andy2k7

According with someone who gave me a warning, this thread is supposed to be a constructive conversation.

Guys, stop making fun of the guy crying about Valkyr killing more than him.

And welcome, second warning.

inb4 Valkyr gets nerfed, 2 days later a new thread rises: Blind Mirage is broken DE, she is blinding everything, ffs nerf it.

Mirage gets nerfed, 2 days later a new thread rises: X frame is broken DE, she/he is very good at something when you build it right, ffs nerf it.

I know. I really wished they would just lock this thread already. It's been going on far too long, and this whole entire thread has been anything but a constructive conversation.

All I've been mostly seeing is insults being thrown at one another, and people bashing on Warframes. IMO, all threads like these should be insta locked, because they all get derailed, and become toxic sooner, or later.

It's really getting old seeing these types of threads day in, and day out, ruining the forums.  

The amount of mature argument on this thread is wonderful.

Look, doing high damage is alright. There's nothing wrong with having  damage frame that actually scales like Excalibur.

Both Excalibur and Valkyr have limited effectiveness against crowds of enemies once the levels start spiking-valk because of her claw range and excalibur because his waves stop doing enough damage to kill them fast enough before they kill him. This can be mitigated by blnding, but builds optimised for EB often sacrifice duration and so the spam starts draining his energy bar. He can still go on but has significant falloff after around  lvl 150 from personal experience. Therefore giving them high damage is really not a problem. They can't AOE nuke. Maybe mow down crowds clumped in hallways but not as effectively as a frame like, say, Saryn, or Nova.

Problem with Valkyr is, she completely mitigates a layer of difficulty from the game-namely, taking damage. With excalibur you have ranged waves and 60% damage reduction on block, sure, but 2 things:

1) You can NOT block and use waves at the same time: I.e you are vulnerable while attacking

2) It is only a 180 degrees, measly 60% reduction and doesn't block AOE spash damage, meaning you can be damaged and killed from behind if you are not careful and at high levels you will still be shredded like paper, and even from the fronts by napalms and bombards.

Now Valkyr? Nope. Immune, facetank all day haha. 

Where is the skill-cap?

High payout for zero skill is bad design decision.

She already has innate lifestriike, insane armor and skills like hysteria and paralysis, she doesn't need invincibiity!

For all other frames, there is a tradeoff for invincibility. Hydroid cannot attack or move if he wants to stay in undertow. Limbo can only attack enemies in the rift, and in mid to high levels can be shredded by even single enemies. Trinity has to take huge risks to achieve high damage reduction. Rhino has to use 2 augments and always manage his IS health to stay alive in high levels. 

Valkyr? What is her tradeoff? Being forced to use melee? Not really, she has excellent mobility and high damage melee. It's an advantage, rather.

Closing distance never was a problem with bulletjump plus ripline unless you suck at movement.

What needs to be done is to give her a scaling damage reduction that scales with the kills she makes. Like naramon's passive, she will have to keep a kill streak going to maintain high survivability.

Still want to keep invincibility?

Fine! She has a max timer of 6s of invincibility after every melee kill, each kill refreshing he timer. That way you put a pressure on the player to keep seeking new targets to stay alive. I'd not keep the invincibility but instead give her damage reduction based on kills, but eh, what do I know.

That is all.

Infested have no armor.

I would take the test more seriously if you tried wailing on level 200+ Grineer or Void solo.

The E key would suffer by then :P

Infested can get swarm armor thanks to Swarm-Mutalist MOAs.

The amount of mature argument on this thread is wonderful.

-snip-

Good read. But the first line in particular is sadly closer than it is to being truth since, well, people's preference. vocal minority are pretty volatile.

I'm only speak for myself and myself only.

So yes, I'll complain about frames that I think they are OP.

Other people agree with me or not is none of my business.

There's constructive criticism and discussion, there's a trainwreck, then there's you.

Lest abbhorence about Vauban being an excel warframe at CC is annoying you, then so be it.

I agree that every Warframe can be OP provided the proper setup and player skill. No one really used Banshee but she can be very OP with a high power strength build with resonance and a Tonkor. Just depends on if u kno how to properly play the frame or not.

Definitely. Most are overshadowed by popularity and player regular build schemes.

Valkyr just so happens to be popular because of her proper invincibility and team melee buffing, while Banshee, even though she's underrated, works well for team buffer through Sonar (Resonance) and Sonic Boom (Sonic Fracture).

Edited by ViroVeteruscy

Exactly, and 95% damage reduction won't work either, because eventually Valk can still be one shot. That's her niche is being able to tank those hits. That's why I suggested in a earlier post to bring in a Health Gate mechanic to please both sides of the Valk invulnerability argument.

Exactly, and 95% damage reduction won't work either, because eventually Valk can still be one shot. That's her niche is being able to tank those hits. That's why I suggested in a earlier post to bring in a Health Gate mechanic to please both sides of the Valk invulnerability argument.

So why not just give her a rework?

Hysteria as an ability is fine as it is. Only problem with it being the supplementary mechanics.

Hysteria as an ability is fine as it is. Only problem with it being the supplementary mechanics.

What do you mean by supplementary mechanics, I dont know game terms.

What do you mean by supplementary mechanics, I dont know game terms.

Hysteria mainly has you, as Valkyr, use a set of energy claws to tear away at enemies. Supplementary mechanics for those include: Invulnerability with damage absorption and areal damage collection mechanic, Duration/Efficiency-based Energy Drain and the Energy Drain itself, and also limitation to only a melee weapon and not ballistics.

TL;DR It is basic mechanics that accompany one ability as a part of it. Mainly used on ultimates to create unique scenarios.

Edited by ViroVeteruscy

So why not just give her a rework?

Well I'm not for or against giving her another rework.

Yes I agree completely there, that's why I think what I proposed would fix the supplementary problems with Hysteria. I have no problem with the damage Valk is capable of ( for f$€k sake she has laser kitty claws lol how is that not Assbad?) but there has to be some solution DE could offer with the invulnerability. Beserker are suppose to be nigh invincible, but should still be able to be killed. Not one shot, but be able to be worn down. Personally I play a lot solo and I find Rhinos IR suiting me much better. Immune to damage and CC but can be worn down to nothingness if ur not paying attention. I think that's many peoples qualm with Valk is that given the propper build and if the player is slightly active and understand how to play her ( even to the slightest degree ) they don't have to pay any attention to what they're doing besides "KILL KILL KILL KILL!!! EVERYTHING MUST DIE!!! HAHAHAHAHA!" While other players feel they actually have to work to survive. Myself I dont feel that way but I know many do.

Hysteria mainly has you, as Valkyr, use a set of energy claws to tear away at enemies. Supplementary mechanics for those include: Invulnerability with damage absorption and areal damage collection mechanic, Duration/Efficiency-based Energy Drain and the Energy Drain itself, and also limitation to only a melee weapon and not ballistics.

TL;DR It is basic mechanics that accompany one ability as a part of it. Mainly used on ultimates to create unique scenarios.

Why no take away invincibility and make her faster/ do more damage have a ton more armor and be capable of manic like pounce attacks(invincible while in pounce attack animation) like a Valkirie. Also PBR.

1. Why no take away invincibility and make her faster/ do more damage have a ton more armor 2. be capable of manic like pounce attacks(invincible while in pounce attack animation) like a Valkirie. 3. Also PBR.

1 Was suggested a lot of times.

2 Is possible with Charge Attack now. I suppose you don't know about this just yet.

3 Is always Soon.

And this is the problem in a nutshell.  Mesa/Sayrn nerfed and now forgotten why do you want to keep adding to that list ?

If you feel like talking for the entire community then i still use Mesa and Saryn.

Valkyr theme has a dissonance with her skillset. That's it.

Hmm the new nerf frame of the month. I wonder which frame is next after Valkyr "has been properly dealt with".  I've wondered in the past why there has been always very vocal dudes supplicating for nerfs in MMOs, Then by summing up personal experiences, I came to the sudden realization that this really isn't anything new as those that want it rougher are usually the mostly vocal.

Hmm the new nerf frame of the month. I wonder which frame is next after Valkyr "has been properly dealt with".  I've wondered in the past why there has been always very vocal dudes supplicating for nerfs in MMOs, Then by summing up personal experiences, I came to the sudden realization that this really isn't anything new as those that want it rougher are usually the mostly vocal.

Trinity.