The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can I Use A Software To Unlock 'steam' Achivement That I Already Have Unlocked In-Game?

Aaryl

Question

It's a bug that I unlocked certain achivements (actually, I think I unlocked every single one except for Mastery rank 21+ ones. I'm 21.) and they aren't unlocked in Steam.

This is most probably caused by me not playing Warframe with Steam online (unlockes in-game but not in Steam).

And also achievements that I have unlocked BEFORE I started using Steam.

It was a while before I started using Steam with Warframe.

So....is it bannable from Steam or Warframe for using a software to unlock achivements that I already unlocked? It's not a cheating in this way.

And it's not like DE's fixing this any time soon....posted multiple threads about it, nobody, no DE cared about it. I'm sure I'm not the only one who posted about Steam achievement bug, but it's not getting DE's attention I guess.

And right now due to IP block issue, I can't even login to the game right now... -_-

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/596780-login-failed-check-your-info/

Don't ban me yet, I didn't use it .-.

9 answers to this question

Risking Steam or WF account banned for an arbitrary achievement? Is it really worth it?

I havent played once I ranked to MR8 i think and never got the steam ach. And it is staying there locked, but no way that I would risk 2000h WF account to get banned for a one stupid ach.

some guy from my old clan used a tool to unlock all warframe achievements in steam even the mr30 one

and he didnt got banned or anything

im not giving a guarantee that nothing wont happen just saying i have seen in bevore and without problems

You're actually supposed to talk to customer support if you have problems like this, not use dodgy tools that might or might not get you banned or pilfer your account.

Who to ask? Warframe support probably cannot meddle with Steam's achievements. And contacting Steam for anything may get glanced over in 3 months or so... if you are lucky ( Steam's support is awful ).

Alright, so a while ago I did unlocked all the Steam thropies I had in game using a third part software; I posted here in the forums about it and everyone told me I was risking a ban, so I wrote to Rebecca and then support.

To save you some time, below what they answered:

Q0kxDzY.png

LuzpUsc.png

Basically, support has probably no fixed rules and answers about the matter, ironically Rebecca's answer is more appropriate.

You can do whatever you want, there's still probably a 1% chance of risking a ban, but it's probably due to the autoban system that can react to the software you're using rather than the unlocking thropies itself.

Edited by siralextraffo

It's a bug that I unlocked certain achivements (actually, I think I unlocked every single one except for Mastery rank 21+ ones. I'm 21.) and they aren't unlocked in Steam.

This is most probably caused by me not playing Warframe with Steam online (unlockes in-game but not in Steam).

And also achievements that I have unlocked BEFORE I started using Steam.

It was a while before I started using Steam with Warframe.

So....is it bannable from Steam or Warframe for using a software to unlock achivements that I already unlocked? It's not a cheating in this way.

And it's not like DE's fixing this any time soon....posted multiple threads about it, nobody, no DE cared about it. I'm sure I'm not the only one who posted about Steam achievement bug, but it's not getting DE's attention I guess.

And right now due to IP block issue, I can't even login to the game right now... -_-

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/596780-login-failed-check-your-info/

Don't ban me yet, I didn't use it .-.

There's a number of warframe achievements, that are not reflected in Steam. 

I started with Steam, but turned to a straight PC connection due to problems. Now, I'm back on Steam due to the warframe workshop :]