Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Pc] Passive High Level Infested In Mission?

Nectarines

Question

Last night I joined another persons Crossfire mission and had a strange experience. I don't remember exactly where this mission was, but it was most likely on Mars since I had been working on clearing out the mission hubs there.

After joining I was greeted by dozens of level 31-34 infested chargers. They all had some buff (Bronze, yellow or orange aura around them... I have no idea what that is.) and were completely passive. They just followed me around everywhere as I beat on them. The more I ran around trying to find my team the more of them I seemed to come across. The strange part was that if you managed to kill one (They seemed to take forever to die) it didn't increase the missions progress. The other part was that they other two warring factions were present and only level 8-12 and all hostile on contact. If I had to guess I would say there was probably around 50-80 of these chargers at the time when I joined.

Where did these high level infested chargers come from and why were they passive and just following me around? Whole situation felt really odd and wrong and there seemed to be an endless stream of them. Was this a bug or something else?

Edited by Nectarines

7 answers to this question

Red Veil hit squad, one of your allies was a supporter of Arbiters of Hexis or Cephalon Suda. The buff they had is because they were eximus units. This fact also buffed their health.

Not sure why they weren't aggressive though.

Edited by Tails-san

Thanks everyone for the answer.

Yes - I am in good standing with the Red Veil.

However I did kill them all off without any of them ever becoming hostile towards me.  They weren't focusing on other mobs, they were just following me and another player around like companions.  I believe one person did get knocked down once or twice when they attacked them, but otherwise they left that person alone.  

It really didn't seem like a squad - considering how many there were and that I kept finding them throughout the entire map.  

But Idunno.. that's my first time ever running into this.  A few days ago I finally started playing around with the factions.  Still pretty new - haven't really played since 2013.

Thanks again for all the answers!