The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trouble With Damage Types

Grayphilosopher

Question

Heya

I've been trying to wrap my brain around the damage types and enemies for a while. I know the obvious combinations like puncture/corrosive/viral for Grineer, Impact/magnetic for corpus and so on. But lately I've been trying to figure out if some other combinations might be worth it.

What I'm thinking is, for Corpus for example, if you get a high puncture based weapon and slap some magnetic and toxin damage on it, it should be fairly efficient in dealing with both their robots, shields and base health right? Or would it just be plain more efficient to still use high impact weapons?

And finally, I cannot for the life of me figure out an optimal overall combination for running void missions because there are so many scrambled units in there. Any recommendations on that would be much appreciated :)

4 answers to this question

Toxin bypasses shields, so Toxin alone will wreck most Corpus units faster with the same damage.

As for the void, the main damage element is pretty much globally agreed to be Corrosive.  Whether to pair it with heat or cold depends on weapon status chance and playstyle and such.  Could also run a group with 4 corrosive projections to ignore the armor totally and shoot the squishy health, modding against that (much more effective but needs four cooperating players).

Edited by Rydian

For Corpus you can get hilarious results out of a primary weapon modded for max Toxin damage to ompletely bypass shields. Best setup for that is having Infected Clip, Malignant Force and Primed Bane of Corpus.

For Void i'd advise against Viral only unless you've got 4 Corrosive Projection auras in your team. I prefer Corrosive+Cold.

Do mind though that generally speaking the phisical damage distribution of a weapon does not matter that much. Most of your damage comes from elemental mods anyway.

This is just my builds, as I almost exclusively only use elemental damage, my go to weapons being the serro and quanta. I find that radiation (as this seems to work well on robotic health similar to how poison works on organic health) and ice work wonders against corpus especcially with a weapon that already does magnetic damage like the gammacor....and corrosive and fire is great against grineer, possibly with a viral proc. I use the syndicate weapons-secura, sancti,rants all give good radial procs for these builds and either or is great in void. Infested is also corrosive and fire, as there is no weapon that deals base gas damage before mods are added, besides the telos weapons from arbiters of hexis, gas cannot be on a weapon seperately from fire (without it already having been a base damage type for the weapon), and corrupted ancients are not weak to gas, but corrosive. This may have been a little excessive, but just posting for fun