The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember Build?

(PSN)gamerpie12

Question

Hi, I farmed ember awhile back thanks to a recommendation from a friend that she could just destroy exterminate missions and the like with her world on fire ability.  However, he has since taken a break, and I can't quite seem to figure out how to build (or maybe its use) her right.

When I saw him and a few others using her they basically just waltzed through the map and almost everything was dead before I could so much as aim at it, so i was wondering why mine takes several seconds to kill on the exact same map.

So any build tips?

12 answers to this question

I use streamline, and health for energy mods such as equilibrium and rage, as well as reformatting my ember to use the rejeuvantion aura, and power strength mods. You can go negative in duration, so using fleeting expertise and/or transient fortitude helps a lot as well, and you can walk around a map for a good while (my best being about 40 minutes on a dark sector)never recasting world on fire

I don't want to sound like nagging old woman (again) but this setup doesn't seem all that great, 

It isn't ideal.

Ember basics : Stretch, Intensify, Blind Rage, Streamline, (Primed) Continuity, Fleeting Expertise, Constitution, Cunning Drift or Power Drift (Exilus, not required), and Corrosive P or E Siphon Aura.  This setup leaves you with one open mod slot which I put Vitality in, but Flow would also work and give you a larger base pool of Energy for WoF.

All these mods are on my Ember and I just walk through Exterminates and anything below T4.  If you come across something that doesn't die to WoF immediately, simply use Accelerant near it.

Don't ever Forma to run Rejuvenation or Physique, though, as was suggested.  Both those Auras are crap on every frame other than one and you need Corrosive projection for the vast majority of end game content in a squad.

Maybe it isn't, it's based off the idea that you would be taking a lot of health damage, ember used to only have 15 armor. I run nekros this way, and just thought it would work, it's also a lot mmore effective with a sancti weapon, which heals you upon a radial blast of corrosive damage, I have yet to use it with fire quake, but regular work on fire causes the enemies to stop long enough that they are not all rushing you and you can pick them off while they are going through the burning animation, and then of course this works best with infested, or grinder, I personally never take ember against the corpus, or really even the void, the nullifiers would probally make this build null and void,pun intended

Maybe it isn't, it's based off the idea that you would be taking a lot of health damage, ember used to only have 15 armor.

If you are referring to the comments on Rejuvenation, yes, it is pointless on Ember and it always was.  If you are taking health damage, equip Vitality to your frame and life strike on your weapon.  Far more efficient than expecting ticks per second to save you from Rejuvenation.

thanks everyone :)

It isn't ideal.

Ember basics : Stretch, Intensify, Blind Rage, Streamline, (Primed) Continuity, Fleeting Expertise, Constitution, Cunning Drift or Power Drift (Exilus, not required), and Corrosive P or E Siphon Aura.  This setup leaves you with one open mod slot which I put Vitality in, but Flow would also work and give you a larger base pool of Energy for WoF.

All these mods are on my Ember and I just walk through Exterminates and anything below T4.  If you come across something that doesn't die to WoF immediately, simply use Accelerant near it.

Don't ever Forma to run Rejuvenation or Physique, though, as was suggested.  Both those Auras are crap on every frame other than one and you need Corrosive projection for the vast majority of end game content in a squad.

Btw about how much forma does that build take?  

Consider having Firequake augment mod since you like to use World on fire.

Energy Siphon (aura) *

Power Drift (exilus mod slot) or Cunning Drift if you want even more range

Firequake

Streamline (rank4)

Fleeting expertise (rank 4)

Intensify

Transient Fortitude

Primed Continuity

Overextended

Stretch

Above build is only for normal missions only as it lacks any defensive mods which you don't really need since they will die before they even get to you and anything that gets close will get knocked by Firequake augment.

In the end you'll have:

Power Duration: 78%

Power Efficiency: 75%

Power Range: 235%

Power Strength: 140%

thanks everyone :)

Btw about how much forma does that build take?  

With all those mods listed maxed out I have 4 forma on my Ember.  Dash for Aura, 3 V polarities, A dash on a mod slot for Constitution, and one that matches Vitality (Looks kinda like a D).  

This is also Ember prime so she started with a V and D, but I did forma her Aura slot.

For regular Ember frame it would take about the same.