The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

An Idea On How To Fix Mele E Spam Without Lowering It's Damage

iquaniqua

So before the nerf it was really annoying because a lot of quickmele weapons and normal e spam combos beat other combos, that was fixed with the damage reduction, but (at least in my opinion) it creates another problem: a lot of combos require at least 2 normal attacks before starting, so combos deal less damage at the start. My solution is to make the eee combo do for example 15% less damage and be 20% slower if repeated for the second time, so you could use combos with full damage all the time, but have a disadvantage by spamming e.

Combos aren't viable in a high mobility environment, unless those combos allow a player to stick to a target that also can move vertically in an instant...or the combo grounds a target, but also allows the combo user to jog as fast as a person can dodge roll (while attacking).

Combos aren't viable in a high mobility environment, unless those combos allow a player to stick to a target that also can move vertically in an instant...or the combo grounds a target, but also allows the combo user to jog as fast as a person can dodge roll (while attacking).

Ya even though melee 2.0 is an improvement it needs so much work. As mentioned above me combos just don't fit the high speed of this game not to mention enemy's usually die before you even get half way through the combo,then other issue is most combos miss the target completely

This was partially fixed by that mele aimbot mod, but people seemed to hate it, maybe we sould be able to move at running speed (not sprinting, just running) while doing combos

Edited by iquaniqua

But how to fix it I don't know as I felt it was fine before the nerf but since I guess it wasn't I don't know I don't think it's gonna be a easy fix. I guess just tempo royal forever now,wich I'm not a fan of as I don't care for the heavy weapons

i wasn't using mele too much, but i saw people were complaining about quickmele beating stances

nope i dont like this

i love running around with my secondary equiped and meele everything

this allows me to shoot whenever i want without having to switch my weapons

id like to keep that without a drawback

if u like combos go play with them but pls dont force me to do so

nope i dont like this

i love running around with my secondary equiped and meele everything

this allows me to shoot whenever i want without having to switch my weapons

id like to keep that without a drawback

if u like combos go play with them but pls dont force me to do so

Well now you have 50% damage reduction, my idea is to reduce e spam effectiveness after 3 attacks, that means that you can still shoot stuff and finish with mele, even more effectively than now. The damage reduction is there to prevent quickmele spam (at least i think that's the reason), but it also hinders quickmele even if you want to just hit once or twice, i want the debuff to kick in after you start spamming, but atm it's always active, so this idea wouldn't work against your playstyle.

Edited by iquaniqua

Well now you have 50% damage reduction, my idea is to reduce e spam effectiveness after 3 attacks, that means that you can still shoot stuff and finish with mele, even more effectively than now. The damage reduction is there to prevent quickmele spam (at least i think that's the reason), but it also hinders quickmele even if you want to just hit once or twice, i want the debuff to kick in after you start spamming, but atm it's always active, so this idea wouldn't work against your playstyle.

DE can add specific proc effects to combos, it would just be a matter of adding a debuff one at the end hit of the basic combo and call it a day, it would hinder a combo player if they misstime and perform that combo however.

Combo's in general won't really work with the current in-game mobility.

It seems that games with high mobility

1. are focusing on shooter aspect only.

2. have a certain lockon-and-dash feature for the melee portion (e.g. Rise of Incarnates)

3. have short melee combo's or non at all, and allow you to move around in the air and attack at the same time (e.g. Gunz)

Don't think we'll ever get a lock-on system for PvP (like in Archwing), so I'd suggest PvP gets new PvP-only stances that are mainly just quick and short combo's. Like one heavy (charge) attack that stuns the opponent and another a few light combo's which are 2-hits (3 if they're quick enough).

Edited by KingTaro

Combo's in this game are bad mainly due to how attack speed can influence their "pauses" and how while you are moving in can also influence the combo that you succeed or fail.

An easy solution to encourage people to use combos more often would be to adapt the combo style from Dynasty Warriors, which requires two buttons to do all combos.

Normally in those games you have "Square" or "X" ,depending on the console, and "triangle" or "Y" to do combos, and it functions on a branch system. (A number of "Squares" one "Triangle" and another "Square" gets you a combo.)

Right now this system is broken cause a lot of combos cannot be done in PVP if you want to play at a certain level due to how dependent they are on mobility keys "A" and "S", and sometimes even "Right Click". (This BTW diminishes the mobility of someone trying to perform a combo and the possibility of changing/altering the direction they are moving to)

TL:DR Add an alternate melee button so that combos can be done between "E" and that alternate button and don't depend on anything else.

Edit: Good button for that would be Q Middle Click since it is useless in PVP for when you have your melee drawn.

Edited by -cS-Azuranium

Combo's in this game are bad mainly due to how attack speed can influence their "pauses" and how while you are moving in can also influence the combo that you succeed or fail.

An easy solution to encourage people to use combos more often would be to adapt the combo style from Dynasty Warriors, which requires two buttons to do all combos.

Normally in those games you have "Square" or "X" ,depending on the console, and "triangle" or "Y" to do combos, and it functions on a branch system. (A number of "Squares" one "Triangle" and another "Square" gets you a combo.)

Right now this system is broken cause a lot of combos cannot be done in PVP if you want to play at a certain level due to how dependent they are on mobility keys "A" and "S", and sometimes even "Right Click". (This BTW diminishes the mobility of someone trying to perform a combo and the possibility of changing/altering the direction they are moving to)

TL:DR Add an alternate melee button so that combos can be done between "E" and that alternate button and don't depend on anything else.

Edit: Good button for that would be Q Middle Click since it is useless in PVP for when you have your melee drawn.

R key could also be used, it's right next to the E and it has no function in Melee mode.

i have e for quickmele, but i use lmb for normal mele, maybe pvp could have a similar combo system to vindictus, there you press lmb and rmb and can't hold one while spamming the other, because you can use rmb between whichever of the lmb presses

1. Running behind someone while spamming the quick-melee attack while not in melee mode is very effective. Quick-melees should not stagger and slightly slow you on each attack to give the opponent a chance to counter-play.

2. Air-attacks and slam attacks should disable bullet jump and rolling for 1/2 second. Its hard enough to chase someone down, so if you can get one of these hits in, it should open your opponent up for a combo. They can still walk and run normally, but now they have to deal with you up close and personal. The effect should be short enough that they can be mobile by the time you pull out a gun, but not so short that they can escape before you can hit with a combo.

3. Staggering should have a timed lockout from every combo hit. Every combo hit should stagger, but then the enemy shouldn't be staggered again for a set time. This is to allow you to get more than one hit of the combo in, but let the enemy have some room for counter play. If every hit staggered the enemy, it would be too easy to get stagger-locked to death while you can't roll or jump away. A skillful use of combos should be able to lock a person down even with the stagger delay just like a skillful use of maneuvering should help you get out of it.

4. Hitting the weapon swap skill while you are staggered should bring out your melee weapon. This is to help people defend themselves from combo masters so they can enter into a melee duel. Duels are a lot more interesting than just getting insta-killed by that guy with a sword. Blocking a move with your sword successfully should stagger your opponent so you can get a hit or two in before they regain control. Lets make dueling fun!

5. Knockdowns are different from staggers. If a combo rewards you with a knockdown or finisher opportunity, that should be preserved for hitting that combo number on a person.