Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tom Clancy's The Division

Cemges

10 minutes ago, (PS4)FriendSharkey said:

Not interested at all. Not even a glimmer. Destiny just caved that genera of games into a giant smoking radioactive crater for me. I don't have time to level every freaking new IP's hamster wheel. 

>Glimmer

>Destiny

i3v1b5.jpg

Here's the short and definition of this game; It was not like the E3 version or its trailer. What you saw in the Beta is what the game is offering.

Here the longer version:

Game Story and Missions:

The Games story is rather interesting and when I heard about it. It had gain my attention immediately, but when I got my hands on the game and cleared it out, as well reaching the end game. It just felt like I was the cleaner, that I had just missed the epic riots, fights and gangs wars. I honestly felt like the person who has to be the cleaner that has to pick up fragments of the aftermath. During the game's story, I have not ran into a living person who is infected. The ones I have - are the ones dead in a yellow body bag on the ground or in base's quarantine. The player has base when you reach New York. Your job is to rebuild your base for the citizens, additionally, giving you new abilities. It sounds cool but here's the problem, you have to clear out sectors which is littered with Side missions to gain certain amount of points to unlock a certain ability. Basically, what you see in Assassin's Creed, but they had copied and pasted the same side missions into each sectors with a different narrator (at least they weren't total lazy). It honestly just completely felt like a chore I had to get access to the fun abilities. Even then the ultimate abilities really visually lackluster power compared to the rest of the abilities. One my favorites were was able to send a seeker that would hunt for enemies and blow up into a pit fireball. Then was that was able to place down a healing station.

AI and The Environment:

Am not a US civilian, I live in the UK. So I do not know how entire New York looks, but I have to give them props for trying. It did feel like I was in a realistic city, but here's where it falls. Its too realistic. I found my safe staring at iconic buildings some of the time, but as really city. It had normal buildings that look flats, house and business - nothing special. Majority of the time it was me running to point A to B, or just fast traveling to hideouts. Now, its the AI. They are actually pretty dam boring for a Tom Clancy game. The Tom Clancy games that I had played contained AIs that would rush you, flank you or sneak up right behind you or just simply suppress like hell in cover. I blasted threw most of the game's content because how simplistic the AIs are. If its a shotgunner or heavy machine gun user it would rush me or keep its distant. The most creative I had versed in this game was a BLOODY HELICOPTER! It was easy to take down as it was a MASSIVE bullet sponge and it was easy to take down with the four automatic turrets that was given to the players. Even then it was flying around just shooting small AoE rockets. Honestly, this boss feel anti-climatic. As the story was dull and boring as well non of the characters where memorable. 

Sound, Music and Cosmetics:

One, the sound effects were glitching out all the time during missions. Their wasn't any memorable music, even during boss battles. I found this to really break my feeling for Tom Clancy as most the time when fights are intense, great soundtracks are playing the background. The cosmetics how the game was meh - nothing special. As the gear that actually effect your stats are nothing but numbers. The cosmetics you have at the start is no different when you look at end game. You like new player, even if you have completed the thrice times.

DarkZone and End-Game:

Darkzone is completely unbalanced to the point its not worth going there. At end game there is a different type of currency that is used, its called "Phoenix Credits". These credits can be earned from daily hard and Challenge mode story missions (yes, its recycled) that would drop a about 30 credits per run (I think, correct me if am wrong). It takes me a couple of hours to complete the daily mission, Even then this its not enough for a high end weapon, as would cost hundreds of Phoenix credits to gain. You can take easier route by going into the Darkzone. The Darkzone acts a like PvE and PvP section of the game. It takes a good portion of the world and its locked off and only be accessed by climbing over walls or going threw doors. As the Darkzone is a large area it takes awhile to get to one place to another, as fast travel is disabled when in the darkzone. As I had said Darkzone is unbalanced, which I mean broken. As I used a high end shotgun that is able to do considerable amount damage to a high level PvE enemy. It barely a hurted the other player because of the insane difference in armour and damage between us. Another problem is with the Rogue system as their would be manhunt for me across the darkzone, which isn't worth going rogue. As you would lose a significant amount of Darkzone XP and keys (keys are used for chests in the darkzone for loot), setting me back two or three levels - which had taken me about two hours to get too. And if you do survive being a Rogue for a certain amount of time, you will only gain a small amount funds for your risk. All in all, darkzone is broken and is not ready for end game.

Final Thoughs:

Pros:

• Amazing replica of New York
  • A good loot system

Cons:

• DarkZone is not ready for end game
  • STory Missions feel like a chore
  • Horrible story
  • Recycled Side Missions
  • Awful boss fights

Am not going to give it a score or anything because its over used. Anyway, I recommend this game if you don't mind grinding and playing a worse game then Destiny!

Edited by Ibro156

The game is surprisingly like Warframe, minus personal shields, enemies take more than 10 shots to kill and use a lot of cover. It costs roughly 50 dollars to play.

Where Warframe, you can live to see the day even in a solo, enemies can be killed in a variety of ways and dodging/cover becomes viable choices. It costs nothing to play.

So, there is a very good reason why Division was never spoke of until now.

4 hours ago, Freelancer27 said:

The game is surprisingly like Warframe, minus personal shields, enemies take more than 10 shots to kill and use a lot of cover. It costs roughly 50 dollars to play.

Where Warframe, you can live to see the day even in a solo, enemies can be killed in a variety of ways and dodging/cover becomes viable choices. It costs nothing to play.

So, there is a very good reason why Division was never spoke of until now.

Warframe cost me a lot more <(

I can't say it's good. Since it costs 50 dollars to play in. Unlike Warframe, you optionally get to buy platinum in order to trade for free.

And saying "spamming of your abilities and can't use hardcore parkour" is condescending, considering every game encourages a certain set of gameplay. Telling me not to use abilities or do parkour is like telling "not to do Dunks" in Basketball.