The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is It Wise To Make The Regular Frame Before Grinding For Prime Parts?

(PSN)tkMango_14

Question

I'm currently thinking of making trinity or ash prime.Since I don't think I'll be getting those parts faster than I thought, I'm thinking of making the regular trin just for the mastery points.Is it worth it to do that then get the prime frame? AFAIK, the only difference between primes and regular frames are some minor stat increases and some more polarities.

10 answers to this question

Some minor stat increases, some more polarities and more mastery experience - difference between primes and non-primes, each give 6000 mastery.

But yes its beneficial, in my opinion, to get the regular frames first to test them out and whether you like the frame or not before you get the prime. Also extra mastery, if you want to get max amount of mastery. 

Unless you really care about mastery then I'd say farm the prime over the regular any day in some cases I've found it easier to get the prime than the actual frame. Mastery points stop being useful after MR 12 so unless you want to be MR 21 for the sake of being MR 21 then there's no real need to waste your time.

It's worth it for the reasons stated; mastery and intro to the frame. Ash is not that hard to get if you run through a few LOR killing all of the manics you see. Trinity is actually fairly easy to get if you have a good team with you. That drop table is a little saturated though. 

Unless you really care about mastery then I'd say farm the prime over the regular any day in some cases I've found it easier to get the prime than the actual frame. Mastery points stop being useful after MR 12 so unless you want to be MR 21 for the sake of being MR 21 then there's no real need to waste your time.

unless DE makes good on their rework of the weapon Mr requirement 

I allways advise to first use the normal version to see if you like the warframe bevor start hunting for a prime.

In the rare case of ash his prime version is easyer to obtain in the void because manic grineer do not always spawn in alarmed missions and just drop 1 random ash part.

I would definitely say it is wise! You get in some mastery rank XP which is the biggest reason I'd say to do this. Then I'd recommend to get the prime and delete the regular version because there's really no reason to keep it if you have the improved version, not like you would go back and use the regular one. This way you save a slot! I'd recommend this for all Warframes that have a prime variant. Hope this helps :)