Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Boss drops

Kokurai

Before i begin, nope it isnt about the drop rate ( tho im also kinda discouraged by it).

Not sure if there already exists a topic like this as i tried searching n couldnt rly find an exact topic.

Yesterday i played a few games hunting bosses in Earth and Mars. I noticed a few things in my party. When the boss is on the verge of dying, USUALLY the whole party becomes confident and starts using their ults or skills or go leeroy jenkins melee style on them.

Upon the boss death we will actually see the drops fly out of the boss, be it mod, craft mat, or blueprint. However, depending on how the boss was killed, these "drops" actually fly all over the place, ranging from 1 floor above, 1 floor below, 60m away, hidden somewhere, or worse...in the void spaces of the rooms where falling in will reset your character.

I find these drops from bosses scatter wayyy too much. I dont mind the scatter for regular mobs. But for bosses with their not so high drop rates currently, it is a tad bit annoying to have this other matter that seem to be overlooked. That and also there is loot radar but it doesnt show these "rare drops" =(.

So here is just a topic hoping that some of you might reply and give feedback on what u think. For some im pretty sure they dont bother but it could be a hinderance in the future if left unfixed..imagine having that last piece of blueprint part...flying somewhere beyond your warframe's reach somehow like on top of a ceiling...

------------------------------------------------

TLDR version

-The boss drops shouldnt scatter too much

With Frago it's kind of like golfing.

That idea horrifies me.

And I agree, depending on the boss arena I end up burning a Super Jump or two to make sure blue prints didn't fall off a ledge. Heck if an Adventurous Ash I was playing with didn't speak up us other three would have missed a trinity helmet BP that made a miraculus leap from the boss to the normally ignored upper floor.

I'd reccomend that boss loot simply levitate a foot or two above where the boss died with minimal separation so it doesn't risk going down to the respawn pits of no return.

I haven't encountered this specific scenario yet being a new player but having witnessed normal drops flying god knows out of some lesser mobs I shudder to think about losing out on rare drops because of such a pointless and frustrating thing. There are numerous possiblities to circumvent such a problem, the best of which are already in this thread so I do hope it gets looked at.

LOL something similar happened again when i killed a boss with friends. I clearly saw stuff flew out of him as i was meleeing him so i got it instantly b4 he died. But my other 3 squad members were shooting him so they couldnt really tell. After he died they went "hey...no drops? o.0" n i was like..."err..keep looking?" lol...we spent like 5 minutes in that room finding it while killing add mobs

Seconding this, I don't know why they slide around so much or fly all over the place. It'd also be nice if the game showed an item log or something as far as what dropped and what you picked up or...something. Sometimes it all picks up and there's ammo drops there and the text on the bottom just says like "Pistol ammo full" "Pistol ammo full" "Plastids" "Pistol ammo full" and you know you picked up a blueprint but it doesn't really show up there. Figured it'd go under a topic that says "boss drops" though this is also a +1 to your OP.

Seconding this, I don't know why they slide around so much or fly all over the place. It'd also be nice if the game showed an item log or something as far as what dropped and what you picked up or...something. Sometimes it all picks up and there's ammo drops there and the text on the bottom just says like "Pistol ammo full" "Pistol ammo full" "Plastids" "Pistol ammo full" and you know you picked up a blueprint but it doesn't really show up there. Figured it'd go under a topic that says "boss drops" though this is also a +1 to your OP.

This is also something i would like so that i know what i picked up even if it only showed up at the end of the map