Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Five Night's At Freddy's World Removed From Steam

TheErebus.

http://www.pcgamer.com/five-nights-at-freddys-world-has-been-removed-from-steam/

So due to the incomplete state of the game upon it's extremely early release (SUCH AS NO STATS PAGE FOR CHRACTERS) and due to how he doesn't feel satisfied with the reviews it's getting.

He also would like you to refund the game and download it for free when the complete game comes out. I'm totally serious: 

http://steamcommunity.com/games/388090/announcements/detail/92689497772897600

I may not like his games, but Scott is a great guy.

It was actually getting quite good reviews. It was about 80% positive, but some group (probably Reddit) was downvoting all positive reviews and upvoting all negatives.

In the helpful list you had to scroll through hundreds of negative reviews, nearly all of which were spam to see even a single positive review.

Edited by egregiousRac

My real question is, why was it released prematurely?

I don't really follow this sort of news, but there isn't exactly a publisher breathing down his neck about it. Had he made a promise on a release date he felt he needed to uphold?

He has this "tradition" (if you could call it that) where he released all of his games earlier than the official release date. 

It was actually getting quite good reviews. It was about 80% positive, but some group (probably Reddit) was downvoting all positive reviews and upvoting all negatives.

In the helpful list you had to scroll through hundreds of negative reviews, nearly all of which were spam to see even a single positive review.

Really?

People are really going out of their way to hate on this, aren't they?

He has this "tradition" (if you could call it that) where he released all of his games earlier than the official release date. 

I think he gets his sick kicks from it.

Really?

People are really going out of their way to hate on this, aren't they?

Sadly, this happens quite often with Steam reviews. While only people who own the game can post reviews, making it hard to skew the actual percentage rating too much, very few people actually vote seriously on reviews. Since you can vote whether you own it or not, this allows even a relatively small group to control what reviews you see.