Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Does Alad V Get So Much Screen Time?

Hypernaut1

I just hate her lines so much. Plus that sleazy cocky tone. It's too cliched for my tastes.

Maybe that's why I like her. :) I just know when I was doing her intro quest line, I was enjoying it a lot because of her. Space mom is nice and all, but man, Maroo... <3

Because (I think) DE has some really big plans for Alad V. He is totally NOT what we think he is, something that was hinted at in the Second Dream quest. Whatever he is, he's NOT human. I personally think he's (one of) the orokin that got away.

Because (I think) DE has some really big plans for Alad V. He is totally NOT what we think he is, something that was hinted at in the Second Dream quest. Whatever he is, he's NOT human. I personally think he's (one of) the orokin that got away.

The Orokin are human. Alad is just some douchey and creepy guy that is desperate for Tenno attention.

Grineer are all "programmed" to hate Tenno, and currently there are no developed Corpus characters except for Alad. Personally, I like when he shows up. For example (2nd Dream spoilers):

Was doing sharkwing exterminate, where you find Hunhow's remains. When I killed all the enemies, Alad gave up with all the "colder/warmer" and just placed a marker where I'm supposed to go.

Or his "no one-shot kills" remark, which I find 4th wall breaking. Lotus is always so serious during the missions (it suits her character though, can't imagine her joking around), it becomes boring.

Alad V is somewhat interesting character but same time kind of too common what is interesting on my part.

I don't really care does he pop to say something or not. Although after seeing something a bit disturbing about Acolyte Torment I just realized how god awfully far Alad V went in his experiments.

But it is just the mixing of nice and annoying character what still keeps not hating him neither loving him. One thing I do know though: After we are done on our depth. I will let my Valkyr know that his head is on a block next. I will give her an ax and close the door behind me.

I wouldn't say that I dislike Alad V as a character... It's just that I dislike him in-universe. Maybe he's popular amongst the community because he's such a dislikeable character you love to hate him? Or something like that? That's how I would describe him, he's complex enough to sincerely dislike. Though not complex enough, in my opinion.

I like him tbh.

Most players I see dislike him because they think he is actually a dishorable / shady character within the Tenno Universe. They don't hate him because the voice acting sucks, or the lines are cliche / tropey. In that sense, he could be considered a success. A villain isn't necessarily supposed to be adored after all. 

He also is developing and showing some remorse, plus he is an Orokin.

Perhaps his voice actually does exert control over us.

In a similar fashion, perhaps his experimentation was out of some forgotten memory that the frames aren't alive, but he isn't sure if it means they are just animals or robots.

As is, its rather hard to explain a hatred of him post 2nd dream, since never was a Tenno ever at risk.

Its a bit like the plan at the end of the A Team movie, the real A team was never at risk, but we didn't quite know that.