The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Acolytes Questions

Magicfingers

Question

So I've finished Operation: Shadow Debt (not much of a fan of spy missions) and I was looking forward to fighting the new Acolytes. I ran the first mission and it turned out to be another spy mission...sigh. No Acolyte showed up while I was running this mission. Also while I was running this mission a few questions popped up in my head and I hope some kind tennos that are way ahead of me in running these missions can answer them for me.

1. Are all the Acolyte missions spy missions?

2. How many scans do each Acolyte require for the codex?

3. Roughly how many times do you have to run a mission before an Acolyte pops up?

Ok...that's all I can come up with for now. Thank you for you help.

8 answers to this question

1. I have not encountered an Acolyte spy mission, so no

2. I actually have not taken the time to scan them because the codex on them is supposedly broken

3. Most of the times out of my ~13 runs I have encountered an Acolyte, 1/3 are missing Acolytes

You might just be really unlucky

^That 1/3 average is my average, I don't know the actual statistics

Edited by GraduateArc8298

1. I've ran across ONE Spy mission with Acolytes from 47 runs I've killed them.

2. Only needed 2 scans with the Full Simaris Scanner, so prolly 3 scans per Acolyte Type, and yes Codex does not unlock them for some reason.

3. There is 4 'introduction' missions you MUST run before you can actually start 'farming' for Acolytes, just finish them off.

After that you'll get 10 missions to kill Acolytes for the better reward (reactor and badge)

After that you're free to kill them all the time, nodes pop up with Acolytes. COMMUNITY needs to find the nodes where they are hiding. 100% spawnrate on nodes they are shown in Navigation-Alert menu. Just visit EVERY tile in the mission to make that spawn happen.

So I've finished Operation: Shadow Debt (not much of a fan of spy missions) and I was looking forward to fighting the new Acolytes. I ran the first mission and it turned out to be another spy mission...sigh. No Acolyte showed up while I was running this mission. Also while I was running this mission a few questions popped up in my head and I hope some kind tennos that are way ahead of me in running these missions can answer them for me.

1. Are all the Acolyte missions spy missions?

2. How many scans do each Acolyte require for the codex?

3. Roughly how many times do you have to run a mission before an Acolyte pops up?

Ok...that's all I can come up with for now. Thank you for you help.

An acolyte is eligible to spawn in every mission but there spawn is tied to the act of entering one random tile in the map so you will need to explore each mission to guarantee the spawn

As far as I understand, appearence of Acolyte is NOT time based, but location based. So you can't just wait doing nothing till Acolyte appears.

Instead, you need to explore the level, enter every room - even small dead end ones.

As soon as you enter correct room - light flickering and Acolyte here.

I ran 22 times and always had an Acolyte spawn.

Why do you have to scan them?

You dont HAVE to but, it's nice to have them scanned still in case for whatever reason later on they drop different mods and you wanna know the mod they drop before wiki does. Also lets you spawn them in simulacrum if by chance they ever make it there.

Edited by rawr1254