Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hello Fellow Tennos

Zebiko

Hi, I'm kinda new to the game. It took me a few attempts to get into the game. Third time was the charm. I'm still fighting the controls sometimes (why isn't there rebindable keys?) and still learning about all the mechanics. Reading the wiki this time helped a lot.

I wanted to also reach out for some help. I searched the forums and guides about progression. There isn't much for guiding new players on the best possible route. I know by the way the game is setup there isn't a defined path, but there must be some guidlines.

So far I have been farming survival and defense missions while doing the missions on planets in order. I tried to do the story quests but end up with walls, like needing a crafting material that drops on a planet I have not reach yet (archwing, pet). I'm almost mastery rank 4 and started doing Phobos missions, the inner ring. The mobs hit like a truck there and I lose shields and health really fast. I'm wondering how tough the mobs will be on harder planets. There are still 6 more planets/moons I have not unlocked.

I only have the Excalibur warframe and I'm using ranked up shield, armor, and health mods. My damage seems fine, and I like melee combat the most. I have the dual kamas prime weapon that melt most mobs in two. But when faced with lots of heavy hitting enemies, like on excavation mission, it's hard to protect, kill and dodge D:

Any advice at this point would be greatly appriciated. Thanks for reading :D

Welcome aboard Tenno! As far as progression, you are not alone in the struggle all new players face. Here are just some things to work on:

Unlocking the solar system. I can't stress this enough. You want to get all of your nodes done so that you have access to everything. This will also let you see how and where resources drop as well.

Quest completion. Any quests you have available will usually yield more Warframes for you to try out. 

Mods, work on getting the mods that work best on your weapons of choice whether those are melee or firearms.

Try to find a good clan to join. It will be much easier to navigate the game with some helpful clan mates. Barring that, hit the relay and look for any of the Guides of the Lotus who can also help point you in the right direction.

Good luck Tenno!

Yes, focus on completing the solar map and then go into the void with the keys you have collected.

A clan is very important. Being able to play with people through some deserted maps is really much better.

If you do have any other questions, feel free to drop by one of my Inglrious Q&As in the Mercury relay or send me a PM on the forums

Besides that, welcome to that game and the forums

Hi ! welcome to Warframe.

The keys are rebindable arent they ? - check the menu options.

As you progress you will get more mods, learn how to use them better, get more resource allowing you to level mods (dont level a 'damaged' mod, add it to the levelling of another good one) and in no time you will be packing a punch with high level mobs.

Enjoy the journey :)

Thanks for all the warm welcomes!

I was reading the recruiting chat channel. What is the "H" in front of a lot of messages mean? For example: "H > Sortie 3"

I would like to start doing Tower I missions in the void. Why is there no matchmaking for it?

Haven't made an progress on the solar map because of those hard missions D:

Heh, say "hello fellow Tenno" 3 times real fast :P

Anyway welcome.

"H" means "hosting". So if I post "H> T1D", that means I'm hosting a Tower 1 Defense Void mission. Don't be afraid to ask if that doesn't make sense, the acronyms took me a long time.

Hello Fellow Tenno, Hello Fellow Tenno, Hello Fellow Tenno. lol tongue twister. Anyways Welcome to Warframe and Forums WarFoxZero. Here in the forums where fellow tennos are not only kind but happily willing to help you out in any way, shape or form. I am also here to help you out but I cant help you in-game due to I'm on PS4. I'm not a Guide Of The Lotus member but hopefully made it in and wont know until the 5th of feb if I did or not. That's being said I'm very knowledgeable about the game and keep up to date with the latest content of Warframe. So if you have any questions feel more than free to say so. I even encourage you to do so, Even if I'm not the one answering your questions there are others who can help you out. There might be even more suitable than I am simply because they might be on PC and not on PS4 like I am.

Hi and thanks again. I like the kinda alliteration and hoped it would possibly make my thread stand out amongst the other Hello threads xD

I think I understand how hosting works. I been in missions when the host drops and it re-loads the game to a new host.

Now I know who the purple text people are in chat. Thought they were all devs, and that kickbot. What is the extent of The Guide of the Lotus duties? I played EVE Online where they had similar community helpers. They only policed the chat and answered questions. They are not allowed to play or help players directly.

I have a few more questions.

Can you have more than 99 of the same mod in your inventory? I'm at the point I need hundreds of Vitality and Redirection to fuse the mod. I had a stack of 99 vitality and used it immediately when I noticed, fearing I was losing mods.

Also should I sell extra mods or keep them for fusing other mods, when I maxed that particular mod? I always in need of credits, but not sure if selling them is best.

I will have a second warframe in a few days: Oberon, which is currently being built. I got his 3 main part blueprints from random drops and bought the warframe blueprint from the market. I don't see or hear about this frame often. Is he good or weak compared to most warframes? I'm currently loving excalibur at the moment. Should I use an Orokin Reactor on him right away or wait?

And lastly, is endgame play about how fast you can melt the faces off of hordes of ultra tough mobs? I still haven't found a way to increase my toughness substantially, but I can greatly increase my damage with the use of an Orokin Catalyst and Forma. I'm saving my one catalyst for now till I find a weapon I really like.

Sorry if I write too much D: thanks for reading.