Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Why Why?

Lance_Lionroar

This has been an issue since the dawn of Warframe's time. I was only able to decrease the occurrence by reducing my matchmaking ping limit, but even then it's still a common problem.

"Common" doesn't even begin to describe it in my case, trust me. This is the norm for me it seems.

Oh, I totally forgot about QoS. I hate and love it :)

Maybe in your case QoS decided to put Warframe to slow queue. And disabling the QoS all packets go now with same priority.

QoS = Quality of Service. With my router the QoS packet management is dumb as a donkey specially if you don't define rules. By default it decides on it's own what packages are important and what aren't. Usually it works great between the QoS rules defined by API's and stuff, but there are occasions you want to give higher priority for specific services while the default QoS decides against it. Eg. in Warframe. Think this all as a train tunnel. Some trains go with higher priority, some with slower priority.

So here is this all simplified: and this is with the ZyXel router I'm using. I've created couple tunnels - or in this case you talk about QoS queues. In my router higher value = better. And I have created couple rules that are with normal priority and with lower weight.

y6D173M.jpg

I've forced my computer to the fast Queue cause I want it to be in top of the food-chain over other network devices I have in my home.

o0BSZyM.jpg

But this brings some problems: in my computer I sometimes have bunch of programs running that I want to prioritize manually. For example I want some programs to be in a slower queue. So to make this all bit more complex I can define how QoS prioritizes packets with different conditions. In this case you call them as classifiers. If I want that Warframe UDP ports are top of the food-chain I make a rule where UDP port range 4950-4955 are bound to the highest queue of the QoS.

zDIUuzK.jpg

And if I want that my twitch.tv streams stramed from nVidia Geforce Experience are in top of the QoS queue, I can create a new rule that tells the packets something like this: "if you go to this ip adresse: x.x.x.x and via this port: xxxx and from this MAC adresse: xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx -- you are on high priority but you also have higher weight than warframe".

Damn. Well I guess I'm better off turning it off. I'm still running into the same crap though. Can't join the majority of missions with the newly dominating "Session Unavailable". It makes me wanna punch the screen really.

"Common" doesn't even begin to describe it in my case, trust me. This is the norm for me it seems.

I noticed you haven’t listed a few vital bits of information in your op.

1) What is your matchmaking ping limit set too? The higher it is the worse things are.

2) What region are you playing in? If you are from the EU and are using anything but the EU server then this is to be expected (unless you have awesome internet.)

3) What are your DL/UL internet speeds? (Use Speedtest.net to find out.)

Other factors are joining pre-made groups where the host or another person has Shi'ternet, or you have a web browser/torrent/anything else that uses internet speed running in the background whilst you play.

If all the above fails, then it’s just Warframe being plain old Warframe (aka can’t pick a host even in order to save its life.)

Edited by Numerikuu

Try your machine on a different internet connection. 

Some telco routers do this as they don't forward ports correctly. 

What router are you using ?

Can you borrow one from a mate ?

Alternatively can you try using your mobile phone or other mobile data for a quick test ?

Try your machine on a different internet connection. 

Some telco routers do this as they don't forward ports correctly. 

What router are you using ?

Can you borrow one from a mate ?

Alternatively can you try using your mobile phone or other mobile data for a quick test ?

Sadly I don't have access to a different Internet connection. I did, however, actually get a new router a week or so ago, because the old one was getting pretty screwed up. It didn't change a thing in Warframe though, still the same error before and after. That rules the router being the problem out.