Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Why Why?

Lance_Lionroar

Just why can't I join missions? If I wanted to play singleplayer, I'd just go play a singleplayer game.

I've got it all, "Session unavailable" "Failed to join Session" "Connection to the host has been lost". I've looked everywhere. No answer. And before you ask: I have re-installed the game. I've let Warframe through the firewall, added Inbound and Outbound etc. I've verified my game files. I even tried the stupid "fix" that is to disable DX 10 and 11, of course that does nothing either. This is what I get when I analyze network:

Warframe0010_zpss9tvyos4.jpg

Here's the issue I'm talking about, if you don't know:

Warframe0008_zps1rqfduxw.jpg

Warframe0001_zps0f4kgptr.jpg

Sometimes, when the loading bar finishes, I can hear the mission going on, the enemies attacking and everything, but I'm stuck in the loading screen. People say that I joined, but I actually didn't.

Sometimes, this happens:

Warframe0000_zpspiqnmrtj.jpg

I load in, invisible and BARELY able to move, before rubberbanding back to my starting position.

PS: All of this happens whether I'm joining, or hosting.

You know what's the worst part of this inexplicable crap? There are a couple (not literally) of people I've met, whom I'm able to join and play with JUST FINE, with barely any lag. I even hosted a mission with such friend yesterday. Just 99% of the time, this happens instead. There's simply no answer or explanation for any of this that I've managed to find. And the fact that I'm able to play with just ONE PLAYER proves that my Internet is capable of doing it, but something's blocking it from doing so. Something is screwed up with this game for me.

Have you tried changing which ports it is using? It is possible something on your network is already using the ports you have set, which would wreak havoc and cause very unpredictable results.

I have no idea why people keep suggesting DX settings would have an effect though. What graphics API is set has nothing to do with networking.

Edited by egregiousRac

Have you tried changing which ports it is using? It is possible something on your network is already using the ports you have set, which would wreak havoc and cause very unpredictable results.

I have no idea why people keep suggesting DX settings would have an effect though. What graphics API is set has nothing to do with networking.

1- Yeah, I forgot to mention that: I tried all possible port settings. I also tried all region settings, disabling my ping limit, and enabling/disabling uPnP and NAT.

2- Exactly my point. They're graphical settings, they affect your FPS and nothing else. The heck do they have to do with connection issues?

welcome to the end of our ID, no I'm just kidding but I've been encountering this since Nezha update thou and nothing has changed at all since then :(

Well, I started playing the game in 2013, but quit after a little while. Back then, everything was fine. I only came back a couple of weeks ago, and ever since then I've been running into this. I'm guessing you're forced to play solo 95% of the time as well?

I have that too since 18.4

Well, refer to my other reply. I wouldn't know when exactly down the line things went wrong with the game, because I've been gone. All I know is back in 2013 it was all good.

Well, refer to my other reply. I wouldn't know when exactly down the line things went wrong with the game, because I've been gone. All I know is back in 2013 it was all good.

I was just saying i have it too lol

and I saw other people complain about it since 18.4 as well, I think it`s a general problem not just us

Just why can't I join missions? If I wanted to play singleplayer, I'd just go play a singleplayer game.

I've got it all, "Session unavailable" "Failed to join Session" "Connection to the host has been lost". I've looked everywhere. No answer. And before you ask: I have re-installed the game. I've let Warframe through the firewall, added Inbound and Outbound etc. I've verified my game files. I even tried the stupid "fix" that is to disable DX 10 and 11, of course that does nothing either. This is what I get when I analyze network:

You know what's the worst part of this inexplicable crap? There are a couple (not literally) of people I've met, whom I'm able to join and play with JUST FINE, with barely any lag. I even hosted a mission with such friend yesterday. Just 99% of the time, this happens instead. There's simply no answer or explanation for any of this that I've managed to find. And the fact that I'm able to play with just ONE PLAYER proves that my Internet is capable of doing it, but something's blocking it from doing so. Something is screwed up with this game for me.

People fail to understand what is "hosting". It's like keeping a mini-server. I have fiber connection but I experience the same things as you when I end up playing with a bad host with poor internet and pc.

People fail to understand what is "hosting". It's like keeping a mini-server. I have fiber connection but I experience the same things as you when I end up playing with a bad host with poor internet and pc.

Like I said, this happens to me pretty much 100% of the time, whether hosting or joining. I actually tend to avoid hosting whenever possible in case my Internet's too crappy for it. Unless literally every player I've run into since going back into the game has bad Internet (meanwhile they're playing with everyone else just fine), I don't think it's the host's fault or their connection.

Edited by Lance_Lionroar

Like I said, this happens to me pretty much 100% of the time, whether hosting or joining. I actually tend to avoid hosting whenever possible in case my Internet's too crappy for it. Unless literally every player I've run into since going back into the game has bad Internet (meanwhile they're playing with everyone else just fine), I don't think it's the host's fault or their connection.

It sounds kinda weird if in-game network analyzer says "all systems nominal".

Someone in the forums talked about DoS functionality of his router. The DoS is to protect you against attacks but in he's case it was thinking that the game was DoS'ing the router making the game unplayable while DoS protection was blocking the packages sent by the game. Also he talked about other services which might affect the game.

This might be far fetched and I'm not sure does it help but take it in-to your consideration. 

Oh, found the thread:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/597480-im-getting-a-constant-insane-pingpacket-loss-whenever-i-play-online-games/

Edited by carnaga

It sounds kinda weird if in-game network analyzer says "all systems nominal".

Someone in the forums talked about DoS functionality of his router. The DoS is to protect you against attacks but in he's case it was thinking that the game was DoS'ing the router making the game unplayable while DoS protection was blocking the packages sent by the game. Also he talked about other services which might affect the game.

This might be far fetched and I'm not sure does it help but take it in-to your consideration. 

Oh, found the thread:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/597480-im-getting-a-constant-insane-pingpacket-loss-whenever-i-play-online-games/

Thank you for trying to help. Yeah I don't think this is the issue, as I play most online games no problem, sure I get a lag spike here and there but all in all the games work just fine with other players. Plus on that thread another person pointed out that he has his DoS protection enabled and everything works like a charm.

Thank you for trying to help. Yeah I don't think this is the issue, as I play most online games no problem, sure I get a lag spike here and there but all in all the games work just fine with other players. Plus on that thread another person pointed out that he has his DoS protection enabled and everything works like a charm.

Yeah, that was me pointing out that DoS protection enabled and everything works like a charm :D I'm Using ZyXel VMG3326-D20A router -- it's old but works like a dream.

Have you always experienced the issue or just lately during these new events?

Maybe you should contact Warframe support? I had an issue with the connection and they found that the culprit was Vmware driver that installed itself as a physical virtual network adapter under Control Panel -> Internet & Network -> Network Connections. They found it via dxdiag report files they asked for analyze -- to make sure there ain't conflicts in my system. In my case, uninstalling/disabling virtual network adapters worked.  :)

Edited by carnaga

Yeah, that was me pointing out that DoS protection enabled and everything works like a charm :D I'm Using ZyXel VMG3326-D20A router -- it's old but works like a dream.

Have you always experienced the issue or just lately during these new events?

Maybe you should contact Warframe support? I had an issue with the connection and they found that the culprit was Vmware driver that installed itself as a physical virtual network adapter under Control Panel -> Internet & Network -> Network Connections. They found it via dxdiag report files they asked for analyze -- to make sure there ain't conflicts in my system. In my case, uninstalling/disabling virtual network adapters worked.  :)

Hahahaha, I actually didn't notice that was you.

I've been experiencing this since I came back into the game (2 or so weeks). This wasn't a problem when I started in 2013.

Well, last time I contacted support, they came back to me after about 4-5 days with a not-so-great solution (it was a different non-related issue), so I'm skeptical it's worth it. And I don't have such driver, I've been looking everywhere for culprits and finding nothing, which got me frustrated enough to post this. I think it's better than support as it reaches out to more people.

Hahahaha, I actually didn't notice that was you.

I've been experiencing this since I came back into the game (2 or so weeks). This wasn't a problem when I started in 2013.

Well, last time I contacted support, they came back to me after about 4-5 days with a not-so-great solution (it was a different non-related issue), so I'm skeptical it's worth it. And I don't have such driver, I've been looking everywhere for culprits and finding nothing, which got me frustrated enough to post this. I think it's better than support as it reaches out to more people.

For last couple weeks there has been an extreme amount of Warframe gamers. Atm steam says we have 37,593 players - which may be causing some problems? But compared to other online games warframe is a player hosted game so this makes things bit complex when comparing to games hosted by the game company. So has something changed since 2013 on your side? Your computer? Operating system? network settings? Your ISP?

Eg. the structure of my network demands me to use IPv4. If I reinstall windows and I forget to disable IPv6, i get some problems.

I have VDSL2 router that supports IPv4 and IPv6 and the IPv6 is disabled. The Connection goes with a copper line to the switch down stairs. From there with fiber to the ISP routers and switches and the IPv4 connection is routed back and fourth through ISP's DNS switchboard (DNS6 + IP4).

So if I enable IPv6 the internet works but I experience some problems when I try to host something (FTP/HTTP/Game Instances). It's like all seems to be nominal, tests and analyzers say ok to go, but still, it doesn't work properly. Maybe in the future when my ISP updates their switches and routers and stuff -- I get to use client side IPv6. Atm. there is no need and connection works fluently through DNS6.

Thought if I wanted I could use a public DNS eg. by google. But if it works, don't fix it :)=

The thing what worries me is the point when you get to host and you are still experiencing these problems.
Edited by carnaga

For last couple weeks there has been an extreme amount of Warframe gamers. Atm steam says we have 37,593 players - which may be causing some problems? But compared to other online games warframe is a player hosted game so this makes things bit complex when comparing to games hosted by the game company. So has something changed since 2013 on your side? Your computer? Operating system? network settings? Your ISP?

Eg. the structure of my network demands me to use IPv4. If I reinstall windows and I forget to disable IPv6, i get some problems.

I have VDSL2 router that supports IPv4 and IPv6 and the IPv6 is disabled. The Connection goes with a copper line to the switch down stairs. From there with fiber to the ISP routers and switches and the IPv4 connection is routed back and fourth through ISP's DNS switchboard (DNS6 + IP4).

So if I enable IPv6 the internet works but I experience some problems when I try to host something (FTP/HTTP/Game Instances). It's like all seems to be nominal, tests and analyzers say ok to go, but still, it doesn't work properly. Maybe in the future when my ISP updates their switches and routers and stuff -- I get to use client side IPv6. Atm. there is no need and connection works fluently through DNS6.

Thought if I wanted I could use a public DNS eg. by google. But if it works, don't fix it :)=

Only thing that's changed is that I upgraded my PC, it now runs Warframe at 120fps. Everything is the same. BTW, do you disable IPv6 through the control panel or your router settings (via IP)?

Only thing that's changed is that I upgraded my PC, it now runs Warframe at 120fps. Everything is the same. BTW, do you disable IPv6 through the control panel or your router settings (via IP)?

The router automatically snags the settings form the ISP and/or it's written to the firmware. The firmware is custom made by my ISP.

I've disabled IPv6 from control panel under the network adapter settings. I think it's worth to try. If it doesn't help, revert to defaults.

The router automatically snags the settings form the ISP and/or it's written to the firmware. The firmware is custom made by my ISP.

I've disabled IPv6 from control panel under the network adapter settings. I think it's worth to try. If it doesn't help, revert to defaults.

I'll try that, although I doubt it'll work.

I'll try that, although I doubt it'll work.

It seems to have... worked... temporarily? I think.

I have no idea, but it sure as hell seems to have alleviated the problem. Here's what happened after I disabled it: I joined an acolyte mission with another guy (Hooray) and we killed him, then host migration happened. I assume he left because he got a common mod? I ended up with no mods so I aborted the mission. I then tried to join another mission, but the same problem happened. I attempted to join a third mission, and that worked beautifully. Then I joined a few more and it worked, only getting an error in a couple or so missions in all of my attempts, after that original one. I guess this will require more testing to prove it really worked.

Incidentally, here's my adapter settings:

Capture_zpse5gzuu3u.png

Think I should mess with any more of these settings? Or is that how it's supposed to look?

It seems to have... worked... temporarily? I think.

- snip -

Awesome to hear you got it somewhat working :) Maybe your ISP has same DNS resolver as I have with my ISP.

Yes, that's exactly what it should look like. Thought if I was you, I would prolly disable Avast Firewall Driver - test and revert back. It might affect or conflict the connection (the same way I talked about virtual network adapters) when gaming and while it's analyzing the packages and making the data transfer bit slower. I'm not sure do you use Windows Firewall by default - but if you do I think 2 firewall at the same time is kinda overkill -- not to mention about your routers Firewall/NAT. But I wouldn't touch the router.

The best solution would be to leave Avast Firewall as is (disable windows firewall) and open the ports via Avast control panel for Warframe -- to make sure packages go through without interruption and that you can host properly. By default these are: UDP ports 4950 and 4955 & the TCP port range 6695 - 6699.

Edit: People leaving after seeing the mod is normal with Acolytes. People are power-farming specific mods

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/600655-shadow-debt-event-mods-should-be-end-of-mission-rewards-instead-of-dropping-mid-mission/

DE is doing a hotfix that mods will appear only at the mission end screen(?) So nothing to worry here :)

Edited by carnaga

Awesome to hear you got it somewhat working :) Maybe your ISP has same DNS resolver as I have with my ISP.

Yes, that's exactly what it should look like. Thought if I was you, I would prolly disable Avast Firewall Driver - test and revert back. It might affect or conflict the connection (the same way I talked about virtual network adapters) when gaming and while it's analyzing the packages and making the data transfer bit slower. I'm not sure do you use Windows Firewall by default - but if you do I think 2 firewall at the same time is kinda overkill -- not to mention about your routers Firewall/NAT. But I wouldn't touch the router.

The best solution would be to leave Avast Firewall as is (disable windows firewall) and open the ports via Avast control panel for Warframe -- to make sure packages go through without interruption and that you can host properly. By default these are: UDP ports 4950 and 4955 & the TCP port range 6695 - 6699.

Edit: People leaving after seeing the mod is normal with Acolytes. People are power-farming specific mods

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/600655-shadow-debt-event-mods-should-be-end-of-mission-rewards-instead-of-dropping-mid-mission/

Well, it seems I'm now getting the problem half of the time, but it's exclusively "Session Unavailable" now. I also am able to hear the mission most of the time. Still better than before a little bit, but I'm confused. Also, I only installed that firewall very recently, so I don't think Avast is causing this issue, as I've been having it before installing Avast firewall.

Well, it seems I'm now getting the problem half of the time, but it's exclusively "Session Unavailable" now. I also am able to hear the mission most of the time. Still better than before a little bit, but I'm confused. Also, I only installed that firewall very recently, so I don't think Avast is causing this issue, as I've been having it before installing Avast firewall.

Those session related problems are because of the event and power-farming and people joining and leaving and joining and leaving - we all experience those :) Not to mention that we have 100+ squads on a single node, so you end up mostly with a host that can't host properly. So I welcome you abroad! :D

Try to test it out with normal missions with friends or clannies <-- best way to make sure than participating to the Acolyte hunt.

Those session related problems are because of the event and power-farming and people joining and leaving and joining and leaving - we all experience those :) Not to mention that we have 100+ squads on a single node, so you end up mostly with a host that can't host properly. So I welcome you abroad! :D

Try to test it out with normal missions with friends or clannies <-- best way to make sure than participating to the Acolyte hunt.

Normal missions are hit-and-miss it seems. With like 75% chance of getting "Session Unavailable" and 25% of getting into the mission. I'm at a loss. Time to contact support I guess?

Edit: It seems that disabling QoS helps with the problem. But why?

Edited by Lance_Lionroar

Edit: It seems that disabling QoS helps with the problem. But why?

Oh, I totally forgot about QoS. I hate and love it :)

Maybe in your case QoS decided to put Warframe to slow queue. And disabling the QoS all packets go now with same priority.

QoS = Quality of Service. With my router the QoS packet management is dumb as a donkey specially if you don't define rules. By default it decides on it's own what packages are important and what aren't. Usually it works great between the QoS rules defined by API's and stuff, but there are occasions you want to give higher priority for specific services while the default QoS decides against it. Eg. in Warframe. Think this all as a train tunnel. Some trains go with higher priority, some with slower priority.

So here is this all simplified: and this is with the ZyXel router I'm using. I've created couple tunnels - or in this case you talk about QoS queues. In my router higher value = better. And I have created couple rules that are with normal priority and with lower weight.

y6D173M.jpg

I've forced my computer to the fast Queue cause I want it to be in top of the food-chain over other network devices I have in my home.

o0BSZyM.jpg

But this brings some problems: in my computer I sometimes have bunch of programs running that I want to prioritize manually. For example I want some programs to be in a slower queue. So to make this all bit more complex I can define how QoS prioritizes packets with different conditions. In this case you call them as classifiers. If I want that Warframe UDP ports are top of the food-chain I make a rule where UDP port range 4950-4955 are bound to the highest queue of the QoS.

zDIUuzK.jpg

And if I want that my twitch.tv streams stramed from nVidia Geforce Experience are in top of the QoS queue, I can create a new rule that tells the packets something like this: "if you go to this ip adresse: x.x.x.x and via this port: xxxx and from this MAC adresse: xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx -- you are on high priority but you also have higher weight than warframe".

Edited by carnaga