Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Increased Drop Chance But

Zerdfer

Increased the time necessary to get the reward. Is that really interesting ?

Is it better to do spend one hour doing 30 kills (2min/kill - spaw kill abort) and having 30 chances at a 2% drop rate.

Or spending an hour getting 15 kills (4min/mission- rushing deception-exterminate-sabotage(-capture ?)) and having 15 chances at a 4% drop rate ? 

My thought is that it changed absolutely nothing :p (2% chance you should to 50 missions, 4% you should do 25, in 60 minutes -depending on the time you need to get the kill/complete- you will still do 60% of the job. Of course it varies if you are lucky and get it after 10 runs, or if you are not and need 45 to get it)

Except for those who were trying to run the mission defense mission in public.

So yeah, all in all I still prefer the gradivius event (and oh my, that event was very-very- long).

Edited by Zerdfer

looks like theyre holding firm. this is a time-limited RNG event, and that will not change

theyre just going to bring the grind lottery back at some point in the future to see if people can hit the powerball.

it is what it is. Times like these help me feel fortunate that you PC guys get stuff before us.

Now I know to just stock up on some plat and get ready. Hopefully i can get maiming strike for something reasonable

Basically that's how DE think:

1. Bring out a new, uber-powerful mod (Argon Scope)

2. Limit it harshly. Not even to skill like Tempo Royale or to time like Buzz Kill - limit it to those who can grind non-stop.

3. People will want the mod and spend countless plat on it.

4. People will need more plat = Profit.

Enjoy.

They could put the drop chance at 99% and i still wouldn`t get a rare drop. and i am convinced Angst does only drop body count

I get their uncommons at what most would expect out of a rare rate. all acolyte rares are like farming the 1 in a thousand drops in a mmo. and the spawn only happens every Tuesday after a fullmoon.

Basically that's how DE think:

1. Bring out a new, uber-powerful mod (Argon Scope)

2. Limit it harshly. Not even to skill like Tempo Royale or to time like Buzz Kill - limit it to those who can grind non-stop.

3. People will want the mod and spend countless plat on it.

4. People will need more plat = Profit.

Enjoy.

Business 101

You know what, considering that I was in missions where I saw two or three members of the cell leave because the acolyte didn't drop the mod they wanted, I consider this a fix to the loophole they left. Just like the old Orokin Sabotage missions, which were changed to show the rewards at the end of the mission to prevent people getting caches then jumping out because they didn't get what they wanted. Those of you who are whining about the loophole being closed probably also whined when DE made the Sabotage drops mysteries until extraction.

Furthermore, the event lasts until the acolytes are dead, then an additional three days for the final challenge.

You know what, considering that I was in missions where I saw two or three members of the cell leave because the acolyte didn't drop the mod they wanted, I consider this a fix to the loophole they left. Just like the old Orokin Sabotage missions, which were changed to show the rewards at the end of the mission to prevent people getting caches then jumping out because they didn't get what they wanted. Those of you who are whining about the loophole being closed probably also whined when DE made the Sabotage drops mysteries until extraction.

Furthermore, the event lasts until the acolytes are dead, then an additional three days for the final challenge.

I have 5 repeater clips by now from angst, not a single gold mod. To me it is just a proof that DE habe either no idea what they are doing or are being malicious.

Edited by Kasseopea

After this evening, i got all mods except Maiming Strike and Nano-Applictor.

Argon Scope dropped the first try after Torment revive.

Overall i made about 40 runs.

I have noted my runs, drops (what and when in which order) if anyone is interested in the data.