Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Beyond The Frontier - [Ooc - Recruitment - Discussions] A Warframe/borderlands Crossover Parody

(PSN)Gunbuster17_6

“Welcome to Purgatory Kiddos! All Orokin Hunters Wanted!” (From the Desk of Fabulous John)

NOTE: One thing I want to state is “You do not need to have played the games to partake in this RP, however, you may miss out on various jokes and references!”

You’ve traveled far on the call of duty and resolve… Or the call of greed and recognition. But how far shall that guide your paths?

RyzjcEs.jpg

Credit to BlackerGames for Cropping Excal in, and credit to the original holders of both images! 

Welcome to a Warframe/Borderlands Cross-Over RP Parody! In short, Borderlands meets Warframe RP's! This RP will focus on the adventures of the Tenno (And others) who traveled far outside the Origin System… On the path to defeat a megalomaniac Corpus branch president, find an ancient Orokin Vault, rumored to be lined with untold riches and power, and look badass while doing it. This RP will focus on heavy references from the Games Warframe, Borderlands, Borderlands 2, and Borderlands – The Pre-Sequel. It will for the most part, take place in the Borderlands 2 style generation. Now then… Time for the usual RP Brass Tacks.

DA RULES: I find it best to address rules very early in any situation, thar be no exception here mateys!

·        STRIKE SYSTEM: I followed a strike system in most other RP’s I take part in so, I adapted it for here. Everyone has the upkeep of THREE STRIKES ONLY. What happens when you get 3? You will be booted. Your character may also fall prey to whatever plans Fabulous John has for you. How not to get strikes? Follow the rules! I also understand honest mistakes, were only human after all. But blatant obscurity from the rules WILL get you a strike. (I do not like striking people unless I really have to.)

·        METAGAMING: Very obvious, but needs to be stressed. No one likes a metagamer. If you make an honest mistake, I won’t strike you for it, but if you go full metagaming, or do it too often, I will have to. (You will be warned if it gets out of the ‘honest mistake’ region) The only occasion metagaming is allowed is IF and ONLY IF you have consent of the owner of whatever you metagamed. In that case it is fine.

·        ARGUMENTS: Any form of a serious argument or dispute with between players and others, for any reason, is not to be put on the OOC or the IC in any case! Please refrain from posting rants or disputes there, else I will sadly strike you. Any issues or discrepancies with other players are to be handled privately, not where other people can see it ‘kay?

·        The OOC: The OOC is to be used as space to chat in general away from the IC. Where we are free to discuss plots and what not. Ask general questions and responses. Somewhere for us to place ideas to each other and discuss freely. Like I stated, No bad arguments are to be here… It makes the RP look uninviting.

·        DISRESPECT: This is one I WILL NOT TOLERATE! I take respect very seriously for everyone and myself! While your characters in the IC can be dissing each other is fine if it involves character progression. But flat out disrespect to other players is a SERIOUS OFFENSE HERE! This WILL strike you. If you have a problem, as stated before, DO NOT place it in the OOC or IC. If you feel something needs to be done, report it to me. I will do everything in logical power to resolve it so I do not have to strike anyone.

Oh kay! Now that we have the formal/boring stuff out of the way, time for fun stuff! By fun stuff I mean now we can get into the RP proper.

SO!

First off let’s get to you [The players] Character(s)! You are free to include an OC that will fit in here with story progression. That does not mean you have to make a Borderlands parody OC! YOU DO NOT! However! If you do, that’d make things quite interesting and will make more sense! But is not necessary!

So what do we need for a character here!? Follow this application I like to use:

BIG NOTE: I see a lot of people are not fond of U18 canon for RP's, so a simple remedy! You are free to follow U18 Canon or not. Which means, you can be a Tenno operating the Warframe like worn Exo-Armor for example OR Using U18 logic, and operate it through the Somatic Link

·        Name

·        Race

·        Gender (If applicable)

·        Warframe (If applicable)

·        Faction (If applicable)

·        Weapons (These will be what you may prefer and will begin with)

·        Personality

·        Appearance: Description. (Attach a picture if you wish, but not necessary)

·        Backstory

·        Reason for Coming to Purgatory to defeat Fabulous John and find Orokin treasures

·        Any Additional info myself and other players should know about your character.

You are free to be a Tenno, Grineer Deserter, Corpus Outcast/Traitor, Self-Aware Proxy, Heck, even be an infested psycho bent on destroying everything! Go nuts! So long as it makes proper sense and is backed up by your OC’s backstory and reasons! Also important, Just do not be TOO OP. What is defined as TOO OP? Example: A group of Eos proxies are hassling the squad in a city, A Rhino Rhino Stomp's the whole city, annihilating everything across the entire civilization… No, No OPness. Only Boss-like encounters can have the potential to be OP and it will be your challenge to overcome them with grammatical and expository skills! #PREPARE FOR FUTURE RAID BOSSES! (Guitar Noises)

Some of the following are questions I can see being wondered by some

Now must you use only 1 OC? Nope! You are free to use how many you can manage! As long as you can multitask multiple characters then yes. If you start lacking, or feel like it is getting to be too much. Figure out a way to opt out from them i.e. Kill one off, send one away etc. As long as it makes sense.

Can we die, or is there a New-U Station like device? Yes, you can die, you probably will. When you do, you will use 1 of 4 Revives just like Warframe. When you die when all 4 revives are gone, that’s it. You OC is done and will be honored for their fall (or what is considered honor here). You cannot restore revives for now.You are free to submit a new OC to jump into the action. Like a DLC character! (Lookin’ at you Krieg / Gaige)

Do you HAVE to be with the Squad? No! You can be part of the Eos Corporation! Be an antagonistic character. But be warned, But that will make the main squad hostile to you down the line. Choose carefully. And you must provide reasons as to why you are with Eos carefully and hat make sense.

Now then, Rulescheck, characterscheck. What else, what else? Oh right! Basic and most important! The plot.

It will begin by having all characters boarding a train by invitation of the Eos Corporation, a very lucrative and highly advanced branch of the Corpus that operates out of Purgatory’s orbit, from the Selene Space Station. The train is taking the characters from the station at the small town of Coldport on the planets surface to Guardian, The final resistance town that opposes Eos in every way. This will serve as a prologue of sorts for the characters to get to know their partners in this endeavor. The character do not know of Eos plans for them... Everything will change on that train ride, when they hear, Fabulous John himself is on the train! THIS SPOILER SHOW WILL END RIGHT HERE! Tune in next time when the IC is up.

Will we cover the DLC’s? If we have the time, progress, and I have the creativity to incorporate them then yes!

But what about Pre-Sequel? After or during (Depends) the RP, most likely after the main storyline is seen through. Then I will introduce Pre-Sequel, This will also give you the chance to use new OC’s!

After the Prologue bit. Be aware, you WILL TEMPORARILY lose your weapons (Just like the start of BL2). You may receive them back later, or choose new ones by the great system of capitalism!

Now that we covered plot, let’s get down to closing arguments…

System of the RP: By this there is a monetary system using credits that you may earn completing missions, contracts, and side-jobs.) Which you can spend in order to purchase new toys! (Weapons, the easiest idea of course). The more common the weapon… The crappier the price… The more exotic and rare… Better save up when they are in stock! Shields will follow standard Warframe Logic.

(You could be rich before coming to Purgatory… However, Title, rank… all that leaves when you take foot on the planet. Origin System Credits do not have value here, as opposed to Eos Credits)

What you see I what you get. So Tenno (and all of the above)? Are you ready to dive deep into the heart of an ancient planet, discover untold riches, and defeat a power hungry bastard? THE ANSWER IS YES!

I BETTER SEE SOME MOTHERF***ING EXPLOSIONS DOWN THERE, OTHERWISE I'M GONNA BE PISSED! (From the radio station High-Octane Radio, By Octane of Octane’s Explosives)

So get those thinking caps on everyone! It's time for absolute mayhem!

Edited by (PS4)Gunbuster17_6

A PROPER SHEET

Gonna make a character sheet soon, for now, mechromancer is taken.

EDIT

Name: Malvina Brownsmith
Race: Human
Weapons: Jakobs shotgun, Laser saw 
Personality: Gaige clone
Appearance:

36cb3ad5b9194c4c6f12dc97267e859a.jpg?ito 

Backstory:

ECHO DEVICE - INTIATING
PLAYING DIARY ENTRY
Entry one!
"So, today, to make Ceri jealous, I showed her my robot, that i'm planning for the science fair! It's a killing machine, meant to be used by the police to catch some mean guyz, heh. But there is a slight problem, right? I made a rod so I can summon him, but it's too heavy to just carry around... I'll have to think about that."
A door can be heard cracking open. "Honey, dinners ready!" A man's voice can be heard.
"Coming, dad!"
END OF ENTRY
PLAYING DIARY ENTRY
"So, I had a little happy accident! Today, while using a lazer saw to make some improvments on my robot, who's called Multivac by the way, I accidently removed my arm. While my dad was screaming and trying treat my wound, I had an amazing idea! What if I make a few modifications to the summoning rod, and make it an artificial arm? So, long story short, I now have a robotic arm!"
Mechanical noises can be heard.
"Well, it still needs a few more fixes... I'll get back to working on it."
END OF ENTRY
PLAYING DIARY ENTRY
This entry is recorded from the inside of a moving car.
"THAT *@##$ CERI!"
"Hey, no swearing, honey!"
"Oh, sorry dad! So today, in the science fair, she totally copied my robot! And even worse, she won first place, and I got second place! I swear I saw her dad paying the judges... So I, uh, got a little angry, and sent Multivac to give her a good beating. And, well, without planning, he, uh, killed her. Blood splattered all over the place, including the judges. And now I have some stupid bounty on my head... But my dad, being the awesome dad that he is, he bought me a ticket to Purgatory!"
"Love ya, honey"
"Me too, dad!"
A car door can be heard opened and closed.
END OF ENTRY
NO ENTRIES REMAINING

Any Additional info myself and other players should know about your character: No warframe. Instead, she can summon Multivac to fight for her.
Edited by BlackerGames

Name: Jacob

Race: Corpus

Faction: ex-Eos

Weapons: Stun batton - modified Prova, instead of shocking people, it knocks them away really hard. It's more likely that they die because of object collision than on contact with the batton.

And a single Eos Cestra, the longer it shoots, the more accurate it gets.

Personality: (Rhys, I can't describe it)

Appearance: Casual employee clothes, blue/yellow suit, expesive shoes. Robotic right arm, cybernetic left eye, universal cable port on the left side of his head. Eos tattoo on his neck, brown stylish hair, weak build. (basicaly Warframe version of Rhys).

Backstory: Jacob was a loyal employee in Eos, and with the help of his friends, he slowly climbed up the bussiness ladder right to the leaders office... almost. Just as that spot was in his sight, it was taken away from him by Fabulous John. He was promoted to head janitor, and was later fired because John was borred. But, with the loyality of his friends, he decided to screw over Eos and get his old life back.

Reason for Coming to Purgatory to defeat Fabulous John and find Orokin treasures: He was fired, and now wants to take revenge on his boss. Although, he does not want to kill him, just f**k him over and steal his money... and maybe punch him in the face a couple of times, or the balls... yep, definitely the balls.

Additional info: His robot arm is really strong, corpus manufactured, it alows him to use a holographic display, serve as a flash light, use comms and... nothing more than that. His Eco eye allows him to scan things, and also remotely hack things, although his current system doesn't allow him to do very much. He could upgrade it with better software, but that isn't common, definitely not on Purgatory.

His "action skill" is to contact one of his friends on Selene to send down a loader bot/MOA, which can be equiped with a rocket launcher/heavy machine gun and grenades/riot shield. But only two of each can be used at a time. This ability has quite a long recharge, and cannot be always used as his friend has to stay hidden. Using it too often may get them in trouble and cause his ability to be lost forever. The bot will stay alive until destroyed, and will only follow Jacobs command.

Sorry for not doing much, I just made this to reserve a spot for my character. He's inspired by Rhys if you haven't noticed already...

Edited by Denny2669

A borderlands rp...awesome :D

Considering how I have played all of the borderlands games I'm definitely in for this.

Will post my OC at some point in time.

Edit: how lore friendly is this rp btw? If it is lore friendly then it may take some time for me to come up with an OC.

Edited by crimsonspartan1

·        Name: Helion

·        Race: Human

·        Warframe: N/A

·        Faction: N/A

·        Weapons/Equipment: White Sheev, Grakata, Integrated Cipher and Terminal on cybernetic arm.

·        Personality: Crazy, Homicidal, Yet reasonable... Sometimes.

·        Appearance: Red hair, yellow eyes, tanned skin, cybernetic arms. short (1.64M)

killer_marauder__borderlands_2__by_alyox

·        Backstory: Ex Colonist of Europa, since the arrival of the Corpus Corporation he and a group of colonists became Scavs, but like everything else, it was crushed outright by the Corpus.

And so he was alone, the remaining Scavengers drove crazy on the Ice bases of Europa and everything else on the planet was  something to Kill
                         On Sight.
                         All until a certain Grineer Scientist took him out of there.
                         He was experimented upon, his arms had been replaced with cybernetics, memories and tecniques had been implanted, but they failed.
                         Those Experiments drove the test subjects to complete Madness, they started killing, grouping, learning, some of them started to understand
                         things as complicated as medicine or engineering at a istinctual level, and they started to leave.

It took long enough, but in the end they managed to use a Spaceship and reach the Frontier, and Beyond...
                         ...By Crashlanding on Purgatory, what did you expect from Homicidal Maniacs!?

·        Reason for Coming to Purgatory to defeat Fabulous John and find Orokin treasures: Crashlanding on the planet, being an homicidal maniac, earning treasures for being an homicidal maniac? He's sold.

·        Any Additional info myself and other players should know about your character: Understands Hacking on a istinctual level, Above-Avenage Fighter, Has Cybernetical Arms, he ALWAYS wears his mask, he likes Copters of all kind. (the Sheev for Helion it's like the Buzzaxe for a Psycho)

Edited by vodkacrepper

I'm thinking of having 2 OCs who are brothers and who normally stick together. The only other thing I'm gonna say is they are inspired by Han Solo and chewbacca but they are both humans and aren't pliots.

Edit: btw they will most likely have the same backstory and such so would it be alright if I can merge them both into 1 sheet?

Edited by crimsonspartan1

[will add more to this when I think of more ideas]

Name: Buk and Tuk

Race: humans

Faction: none

Weapons: Buk holds a modified revolver and a hatchet while Tuk uses 2 spikes metal gauntlets.

Personality: Buk is [will edit In soon] and Tuk is really stupid and easily angered.

Appearance:

Backstory:

Reason for Coming to Purgatory to defeat Fabulous John and find Orokin treasures:

I am currently on temporary leave due to a serious sickness so I will be unable to manage for a few days.

RULES REVISION: Rules will be revised with an Inactivity timer. You will have 2 days / 48 Hours to make a post. No simplistic posts of a single sentence or whatnot. Will be applied when I return.

So, any feedback on our characters? Anything you like/want to see changed?

And are we going to have action skills? I already made a whole skill tree for my chatacter (I'm serious).

I will try to implement that Idea, Also, accepted. 

-snip

Nice one! Bringing that feel. Accepted.

Well... That's kind of literally Gaige in a sense... Still accepted though.

[will add more to this when I think of more ideas]
Name: Buk and Tuk
Race: humans
Faction: none
Weapons: Buk holds a modified revolver and a hatchet while Tuk uses 2 spikes metal gauntlets.
Personality: Buk is [will edit In soon] and Tuk is really stupid and easily angered.
Appearance:
Backstory:
Reason for Coming to Purgatory to defeat Fabulous John and find Orokin treasures:

When are you going to finish the sheet?

I am currently on temporary leave due to a serious sickness so I will be unable to manage for a few days.

RULES REVISION: Rules will be revised with an Inactivity timer. You will have 2 days / 48 Hours to make a post. No simplistic posts of a single sentence or whatnot. Will be applied when I return.

I will try to implement that Idea, Also, accepted. 

Nice one! Bringing that feel. Accepted.

Well... That's kind of literally Gaige in a sense... Still accepted though.

When are you going to finish the sheet?

I'm gonna try and do a bit a day but if I can then I'll complete it soon. No more stupid busy **** for the rest of this week for me so I will have much time to post, update, farm and play warframe.