The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr Hysteria Build And Best Melee Weapon

(PSN)Daguerreotype13

Question

I haven't played Valkyr much since update 17.5 and I was just going through my build trying to come up with an updated one focusing on max duration and strength and efficiency hovering just above 100%.

As for melee weapon, seeing as how Hysteria is no longer affected by melee stats, is Duel Ichor no longer viable for Hysteria crits? If not, what weapon would you personally recommend to pair well with the reworked Valkyr?

12 answers to this question

You don't need narrow minded on Valkyr. It's an option, but you can get good hysteria durations without it and won't kill your other abilities. Constitution and Prime Continuity give more than enough duration to keep her channeled abilities under control, even when combined with efficiency mods like Fleeting Expertise.

Weapon no longer matters to Valkyr as far as her abilities go. Only the mods in the weapon matter now. Of course, she benefits a lot from a crit build, so it would behoove one to choose a crit-based melee in case you have to use the thing outside of hysteria. Eveything else is just basic modding.

PC here

From here, you should mod ur Valkyr to duration build like placing i.e R5 Narrow Minded coupled with Primed Conti so your Hysteria can drain 1 energy/sec. Thus altering power duration with mods I mention should able to cast duration related abilities like Warcry, which increase attack speed and armor multi

and weapon, I suggest to pick Orthos P, Jat Kittag or anything else, which these weapons has better stats (inc. higher base damage, crit and proc chances

Can you make a more detailed explain of what mods do you use? , i'm interested in this to :)

Imo any weapon with the following mods should be OK for a Hysteria-focused build:

True Steel: Crit chance is always good

Berserker: Attack speed bonus on crit... do I have to say more?

Shocking Touch (Voltaic Strike): Elemental for those armored targets

Fever Strike (Virulent Scourge): See above

Pressure Point: I've heard you like damage, so here's damage on top of your damage

Valkyr definitely needs a crit build(50% crit chance!) It's worth noting that putting physical damage mods on there(like Buzz Kill) is a waste because Valkyr's damage is equally distributed. But as said the weapon is irrelevant so pick something that you like or that is thematic for Valkyr like Tekko or Venka.

Edit: Beserker may or may not be necessary, depending on how you build out Valkyr. Remember that Warcry provides an AS bonus too.

Edited by Acebaur

Oh, the good ol' Dual Ichors. It's not often you hear mention of the Dual Ichors these days.

Since the introduction of Body Count and Blood Rush, there's actually once again a very compelling reason to not use Hysteria. Blood Rush is disgustingly powerful, Body Count pretty much breaks it, and neither mod works with Hysteria. So your Dual Ichors would be relevant, considering that now they can red crit. That being said, I'd recommend you try something like either the War or the Scindo Prime. Those two weapons are almost a perfect tie for best melee weapon in the game.

Edited by Gurpgork

PC here

From here, you should mod ur Valkyr to duration build like placing i.e R5 Narrow Minded coupled with Primed Conti so your Hysteria can drain 1 energy/sec. Thus altering power duration with mods I mention should able to cast duration related abilities like Warcry, which increase attack speed and armor multi

and weapon, I suggest to pick Orthos P, Jat Kittag or anything else, which these weapons has better stats (inc. higher base damage, crit and proc chances