The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Share Your Synoid Simulor Builds! :d

BabyBomi

Question

11 answers to this question

Serration, Heavy Cal, no split chamber vile acceleration instead because it's better on Simulor, both crit mods. Then you can stack x3 90% elementals, or do x2 90% elementals + Wildfire (with more sustained dps because of bigger magazine).

Split Chamber isn't needed. Waste of forma to fit it in when you can get better and more consistent results doing the same thing with Vile Acceleration. One of the only guns where Split Chamber is, in my opinion, not worth the slot over other mods.

Edited by Tesseract7777

I don't bother with crits on mine. Even if the DPS is higher, the minimum orb damage becomes low enough to hinder its usefulness as a fire-and-forget weapon.

My build:

- Serration

- HCal

- Vile Acceleration

- Element1

- Element2

- Element3

- Element4

- Shred

Shred is on there so I don't have to deal with orbs bouncing off enemies as I fire them. Also helps with shooting right through thin obstacles like friendship doors. Just be aware that if the orbs get stuck in terrain (which happens fairly often), they won't gravitate towards each other properly.

As for elements, Radiation/Viral is my go-to for anything not Infested. Radiation is pretty much required if you want to deal any damage at all against Bombards (since Magnetic damage basically inflates Alloy armour values by +50% in its calculations, and then cuts the final damage in half on top of that), and Viral is likely to proc at least once against tanky enemies. From my experience, the weapon can't dish out enough procs per second per target to justify using something like Corrosive, though.

Edited by SortaRandom

For the 70th time - do not use split chamber, it's not good on synulor.

For the 71st time, do use crit build, it's counter intuitive, but tested, does more damage, synulor fired slightly above head (as it always should) does headcrit damage. 

Hmmm so a crit build does more damage, but you shouldn't use it? How come? O_o And what mod should I replace with split chamber? (4x elements, serration, heavy cal, vile acceleration, 1 free spot)

Hmmm so a crit build does more damage, but you shouldn't use it? How come? O_o And what mod should I replace with split chamber? (4x elements, serration, heavy cal, vile acceleration, 1 free spot)

He is saying that you should use crit mods. 

He is saying you should not use Split Chamber. 

Both crit mods: Vital Sense + Point Strike. Crit mod build doesn't sound consistent but it's amazing. 

Instead of Split Chamber -- Vile Acceleration (Vile Acceleration completes the same function as Split Chamber on Simulor, but does it better and more reliably). 

Heavy Caliber, Serration, x3 90% elementals. 

Then aim above their heads a little. Get headshot bonus + crit bonus. Crazy damage. 

He is saying that you should use crit mods. 

He is saying you should not use Split Chamber. 

Both crit mods: Vital Sense + Point Strike. Crit mod build doesn't sound consistent but it's amazing. 

Instead of Split Chamber -- Vile Acceleration (Vile Acceleration completes the same function as Split Chamber on Simulor, but does it better and more reliably). 

Heavy Caliber, Serration, x3 90% elementals. 

Then aim above their heads a little. Get headshot bonus + crit bonus. Crazy damage. 

Ah ok, and for elements, would you follow the damage 2.0 as well? It's kind of hard because some polarities of the 90% dmg mods are different, such as cold damage compared with toxin dmg etc

For flexibility in modding I would change your D polarity to a - or a V. 

The rest of the elements are - and all the other mods you would be using are V polarity. 

You only need to forma it a handful of times still though because you won't be using Split Chamber, which saves several points. And even if you are using a forma on the D slot, it still comes with a V and - as well. 

This is just for flexibility. When you do want the cold mod for some factions having even one slot that isn't polarized should be fine as long as you have the rest of your polarities right. Whereas if you aren't using the cold because it's a different faction, then something will have to use a non-matching polarity.