Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operation Shadow Debt Mods Rated 0-5 Stars

TeliaRS643

I'm kinda glad to get some extra mods, but not all of them are created equal.  So, I'm deciding to rate each one in effectiveness/usability with current weapons/mods from 0 to 5 stars
Torment's Mods - or 'everyone wants a damn Argon Scope'
  • Hydraulic Crosshairs  : 4 stars - We needed a damn crit mod for pistols better than Pistol Gambit forever and a half ago.  Thanks DE.  Could've been better though, given it's only marginally better than Pistol Gambit and needs a headshot to work, but I totally appreciate it.
  • Blood Rush : 5 stars! - Full score! - This mod balances the scales for melee weapons.  Until this happened, if a weapon wasn't 'Berzerker viable', it wasn't a good melee weapon.  Now, pretty much anything with at least a 10% crit chance can turn into a whirlwind.  I get to have an ultra-fast Gram!  Easily one of the best mods in the entire event.
  • Laser Sight : 4 stars - Another crit mod we needed, even though the amount of crit-shotguns are mostly limited to the Vaykor Hek.  I guess that makes up for not being able to load on Scattered Justice...
  • Argon Scope : 3 stars - I wouldn't wanna stick my eye near a radioactive scope.  I also ain't sure I want to sacrifice a mod slot just for more consistent red/crits, especially if it's less of a boost from Point Strike.

Angst's Mods - 'The common mod's the best one??
  • Body Count : 5 stars - but only because of other event mods that released - Yeah, this one's backwards, but I'm not going to complain about easy access to 12 extra seconds of combo timer, especially given what you can do with it with Torment's and Mania's melee mods.
  • Repeater Clip : 3 stars - The amount of shotguns that can actually make use of this aren't really that great to begin with.  You're either using a Hek or a Tigris.  Though, it gets an average score due to what I've seen it can do with a sobek.  Hilarious.  Probably useful on a Dragkoon and Kohm too.  But, meh.
  • Spring-Loaded Chamber : 2 stars - Now, this one's tricky because it's a little less expensive than the others for modding, more effective than speed trigger, less effective than vile acceleration, but less expensive than both.  A good option... for anything that isn't a bow.  Wonderful.  The one weapon type that it would probably be best on.  Next!
  • Pressurized Magazine : 2 stars - Did we need a fire rate mod for pistols?  I mean, we have three already.  Whatever.  It's as good as Anemic Agility without the damage reduction.  Or with it, for when you want that 3x fire rate, massive recoil, and practically no damage.  Oh well, I'm sure it'll be fun with the Dual Cestras.

Mania's Mods - 'FINALLY!  Status chance not tied to an element!'
  • Catalyzer Link : 3 stars - Only 60% status chance on ability cast for 9 seconds may not be enough incentive for primary weapons.  Would've preferred if this shared the 90% for 9 seconds like the others do, but I'll take what I can get.
  • Embedded Catalyzer : 3 stars - Now 90% might be enough for me to slot it, but unfortunately the pistols already have half their slots taken up for me by multishot/punch through mods and hornet strike.  Typically going to sacrifice some damage or bane mod to put this in.  But nearly doubling status chance to play with physical damage procs is fun.
  • Weeping Wounds : 5 stars - sweet baby jesus yes - Why are the melee mods for the first three acolytes so damn good!?  And they're not even rare!  ... Wait, let's keep them not-rare.  Because who should be subjected to crappy RNG for something that should've been in the game since melee 2.0 came out?!  Pile on them slash procs, tenno.
  • Nano-Applicator : 4 stars - So, shotguns are typically great for status procs?  Barring the Phage, of course.  So this one was kinda a no-brainer.  Funny enough, Strun Wraith got released on Sorties.  Put the pieces together, and you get a knock-down gun.

Violence's mods - '10x crit damage?  OKAY!'
  • Shrapnel Shot : 4 stars - I assume someone at DE went 'So I heard you were upset about not being able to put Scattered Justice on the Vaykor Hek.  So have some good crit mods for shotguns'  And these are 'on kill'.  Yeah, like that'll be hard.  I guess the only downside is that's what it's mostly good on, since shotguns don't have more than 2x crit damage all across the board.
  • Bladed Rounds : 3 stars - A Vital Sense that doesn't always work.  Only a good replacement if you're using Hammer shot as well for crit damage and not the status chance boost as well.  Otherwise, I can't see someone sacrificing a slot of damage for this.
  • Sharpened Bullets : 2 stars - Well, I already find it hard to slot in Target Cracker, and with Hydraulic Crosshairs also now jockeying for a mod slot in my already-crowded mod table for pistols.
  • Maiming Strike : 2 stars - Okay, to start, this mod is surprising.  This isn't like the other ones that just give a percent to your usual crit rate.  This is +90%, flat.  If you have at least 10%, you're going to crit.  The downsides are as follows A) Slide attacks aren't something you can churn out constantly without giving yourself a major case of carpal tunnel, and B) Blood Rush and Body Count exists, which are better uses of your mod slots.

Malice's mods - '... Oh I am so glad this guy's crap isn't on Misery's table'
  • Focused Defense : 0 stars - Worthless. - For starters, Channelling Efficiency is a MASSIVE cost that puts it on-par with choosing whether or not to install some corrupted mods, AND it takes up a slot.  I hate, hate, HATE that channeling efficiency mods exist in the same pool as other melee mods.  There's a reason why Life Strike is the only viable choice, and Focused Defense is no exception.  But +20% armor?  Are you serious?  Just to put it in perspective, you're giving up 14 energy per channelled swing for a rank 1 steel fiber.  Maybe it was a typo and they meant to give us +200% armor while channeling.
  • Guided Ordinance : 2 stars - Uh.... I mean, if you're using heavy caliber, I guess this'll help?  But most weapons are typically accurate enough.  It gets an extra star because it's our first accuracy-boosting mod ever.
  • Targeting Subsystem : 2 stars - Ditto.  Put it on the twin grakata, I guess?
  • Narrow Barrel : 1 star  - Unfortunately, accuracy-changing mods exist for shotguns.  Tainted Shell is a D polarity 14-cost mod, compared to this V polarity 7-cost mod, so it gets points for that, and it gets points for not costing fire rate instead.  Unfortunately, this is also competing with the other shotgun mods released this event, and it's easily the weakest one.

Now, personally, this is my take on all these mods, so results may vary.  But I've been screwing about with weapons and dancing with forma a lot, so I know what a lot of weapons are capable of, and what I wish they could be.  A lot of these mods fill those desires, and some just feel like they exist just to fill each acolyte's drop table, and the rarities/effectiveness obviously don't match.  Argon Scope is really the only one most sought after because of its rarity.  It's very good, but it's arguable if it's

Edit: I came back after the event was over to see that this was still high on the list, so, uh, wow.  Also thanks to Xekrin for formatting it so it's easier to read.  I see there's plenty of agreement and otherwise happening, so I guess that's a good thing.  As far as whether calculations and effectiveness is accurate, I can't be totally certain, these are just my observations and use of these mods in my personal science.  Because I loves me some Warframe Weapon science.
Edited by TeliaRS643

I disagree with your summery of Maiming Strike. I don't feel the point of it is for a designated dps hose. I feel like the idea behind this mod is to give you an exceptionally high burst for life strikes. This is the kinda of mod you put on a heavy weapon along with channeled dmg and Crit damage while neglecting attack speed and crit chance.

In short it's for taking out a weapon, slide attacking, then putting right back away. The result is a full health bar for those who don't like melee, but still want to utilize it's ability to self heal.

Additionally you're understanding of argon scope and well.. most of these mods is incorrect. It applies it's boost as a buff. therefore it increases your critical chance based off of your total crit chance, not your base. The same goes for every other mod really. you might want to reassess your ratings with this information.

I disagree strongly on Weeping Wounds and Maiming Strike.
Weeping wounds is actually more of a gimmick mod, the only usefulness of which is limited to allowing more control over your procs. Aside from that, the mod itself isn't strong and usually doesn't worth a slot in most cases save for very specific ones.
Maiming Strike, however is a mod of an absurd strength. Not only it allows any melee to reliably crit, it has insane synergy with Blood Rush and Body Count, allowing for damage spikes with multipliers that go over x40.

Additionally you're understanding of argon scope and well.. most of these mods is incorrect. It applies it's boost as a buff. therefore it increases your critical chance based off of your total crit chance, not your base. The same goes for every other mod really. you might want to reassess your ratings with this information.

Actually, the one who is incorrect here is you. Argon Scope bonus isn't a multiplicative bonus. It works in the exact same fashion Point Strike does.

PS Also, I hate to say it, OP, but 10% crit chance weapons were always "Berserker-viable". You are heavily underestimating Blood Rush if you think this is what makes this mod strong. If anything, Maiming Strike is suited best for proccing Berserker.

Edited by Epsik-kun

My understanding is that the Armour bonus from Focused Defense applies as long as you're Channeling, regardless of whether or not you're actually attacking. This distinction means that you can channel, cast Iron Skin/Warding Halo/Snow Globe and enjoy a free boost from the added armour, and it doesn't actually cost you any energy because you didn't attack anything while you Channeled. 

Perhaps not worth a slot on most melee weapons, but if you're someone that's not inclined to use melee weapons often, you're not really losing much and it's a melee mod that can actually be used to strengthen some Warframe powers.

Maybe it's not the best mod of all time, but I'd certainly prefer it over the rest of Malice's drops.

Nano-Applicator: 4 stars - So, shotguns are typically great for status procs?  Barring the Phage, of course.  So this one was kinda a no-brainer.  Funny enough, Strun Wraith got released on Sorties.  Put the pieces together, and you get a knock-down gun.

There is no reason to ever use it on the Strun Wraith because it got a proper 40% base status for a status shotgun. It is a band aid mod for the boar prime if you want to use it with proper elemental combos instead of corrosive\blast, even if it is after testing not even sufficient to consider my boar prime useful again since watching a 9s timer for the hole missions and playing it in tunnel vision is not a thing any sane player would do at L100+ if he plays over a hour.

It also can be used to turn weapons like the kohm into status shotguns, but given that this means blast\corrosive it makes little difference in kill speed by the massive dps loss to mod it that way and the way blast procs absolutely kill any kind of multi target dps so it is hardly useful if it would activate on head shots and would not require all time to zoom.

Embedded Catalyzer is the same band aid for the akbronko prime and suffers the same issues what makes it overall not worth it.

Catalyzer Link is plain inferior to dual status mods in any way and will, like the normal status mod never be used.

Edited by Djego27

Formatted OP for clarity, copy the stuff in the first spoiler to see it as the second spoiler.

I'm kinda glad to get some extra mods, but not all of them are created equal.  So, I'm deciding to rate each one in effectiveness/usability with current weapons/mods from 0 to 5 stars[b][u]Torment's Mods[/u][/b] - or 'everyone wants a damn Argon Scope'[list][b]Hydraulic Crosshairs[/b]  : 4 stars - We needed a damn crit mod for pistols better than Pistol Gambit forever and a half ago.  Thanks DE.  Could've been better though, given it's only marginally better than Pistol Gambit and needs a headshot to work, but I totally appreciate it.[*][b]Blood Rush[/b] : 5 stars! - Full score! - This mod balances the scales for melee weapons.  Until this happened, if a weapon wasn't 'Berzerker viable', it wasn't a good melee weapon.  Now, pretty much anything with at least a 10% crit chance can turn into a whirlwind.  I get to have an ultra-fast Gram!  Easily one of the best mods in the entire event.[*][b]Laser Sight[/b] : 4 stars - Another crit mod we needed, even though the amount of crit-shotguns are mostly limited to the Vaykor Hek.  I guess that makes up for not being able to load on Scattered Justice...[*][b]Argon Scope[/b] : 3 stars - I wouldn't wanna stick my eye near a radioactive scope.  I also ain't sure I want to sacrifice a mod slot just for more consistent red/crits, especially if it's less of a boost from Point Strike.[/list][b][u]Angst's Mods[/u][/b] - 'The common mod's the best one??[list][b]Body Count[/b] : 5 stars - but only because of other event mods that released - Yeah, this one's backwards, but I'm not going to complain about easy access to 12 extra seconds of combo timer, especially given what you can do with it with Torment's and Mania's melee mods.[*][b]Repeater Clip[/b] : 3 stars - The amount of shotguns that can actually make use of this aren't really that great to begin with.  You're either using a Hek or a Tigris.  Though, it gets an average score due to what I've seen it can do with a sobek.  Hilarious.  Probably useful on a Dragkoon and Kohm too.  But, meh.[*][b]Spring-Loaded Chamber[/b] : 2 stars - Now, this one's tricky because it's a little less expensive than the others for modding, more effective than speed trigger, less effective than vile acceleration, but less expensive than both.  A good option... for anything that isn't a bow.  Wonderful.  The one weapon type that it would probably be best on.  Next![*][b]Pressurized Magazine[/b] : 2 stars - Did we need a fire rate mod for pistols?  I mean, we have three already.  Whatever.  It's as good as Anemic Agility without the damage reduction.  Or with it, for when you want that 3x fire rate, massive recoil, and practically no damage.  Oh well, I'm sure it'll be fun with the Dual Cestras.[/list][b][u]Mania's Mods[/u][/b] - 'FINALLY!  Status chance not tied to an element!'[list][*][b]Catalyzer Link[/b] : 3 stars - Only 60% status chance on ability cast for 9 seconds may not be enough incentive for primary weapons.  Would've preferred if this shared the 90% for 9 seconds like the others do, but I'll take what I can get.[*][b]Embedded Catalyzer[/b] : 3 stars - Now 90% might be enough for me to slot it, but unfortunately the pistols already have half their slots taken up for me by multishot/punch through mods and hornet strike.  Typically going to sacrifice some damage or bane mod to put this in.  But nearly doubling status chance to play with physical damage procs is fun.[*][b]Weeping Wounds[/b] : 5 stars - sweet baby jesus yes - Why are the melee mods for the first three acolytes so damn good!?  And they're not even rare!  ... Wait, let's keep them not-rare.  Because who should be subjected to crappy RNG for something that should've been in the game since melee 2.0 came out?!  Pile on them slash procs, tenno.[*][b]Nano-Applicator[/b] : 4 stars - So, shotguns are typically great for status procs?  Barring the Phage, of course.  So this one was kinda a no-brainer.  Funny enough, Strun Wraith got released on Sorties.  Put the pieces together, and you get a knock-down gun.[/list][b][u]Violence's mods[/u][/b] - '10x crit damage?  OKAY!'[list][b]Shrapnel Shot[/b] : 4 stars - I assume someone at DE went 'So I heard you were upset about not being able to put Scattered Justice on the Vaykor Hek.  So have some good crit mods for shotguns'  And these are 'on kill'.  Yeah, like that'll be hard.  I guess the only downside is that's what it's mostly good on, since shotguns don't have more than 2x crit damage all across the board.[*][b]Bladed Rounds[/b] : 3 stars - A Vital Sense that doesn't always work.  Only a good replacement if you're using Hammer shot as well for crit damage and not the status chance boost as well.  Otherwise, I can't see someone sacrificing a slot of damage for this.[*][b]Sharpened Bullets[/b] : 2 stars - Well, I already find it hard to slot in Target Cracker, and with Hydraulic Crosshairs also now jockeying for a mod slot in my already-crowded mod table for pistols.[*][b]Maiming Strike[/b] : 2 stars - Okay, to start, this mod is surprising.  This isn't like the other ones that just give a percent to your usual crit rate.  This is +90%, flat.  If you have at least 10%, you're going to crit.  The downsides are as follows A) Slide attacks aren't something you can churn out constantly without giving yourself a major case of carpal tunnel, and B) Blood Rush and Body Count exists, which are better uses of your mod slots.[/list][b][u]Malice's mods[/u][/b] - '... Oh I am so glad this guy's crap isn't on Misery's table'[list][b]Focused Defense[/b] : 0 stars - Worthless. - For starters, Channelling Efficiency is a MASSIVE cost that puts it on-par with choosing whether or not to install some corrupted mods, AND it takes up a slot.  I hate, hate, HATE that channeling efficiency mods exist in the same pool as other melee mods.  There's a reason why Life Strike is the only viable choice, and Focused Defense is no exception.  But +20% armor?  Are you serious?  Just to put it in perspective, you're giving up 14 energy per channelled swing for a rank 1 steel fiber.  Maybe it was a typo and they meant to give us +200% armor while channeling.[*][b]Guided Ordinance[/b] : 2 stars - Uh.... I mean, if you're using heavy caliber, I guess this'll help?  But most weapons are typically accurate enough.  It gets an extra star because it's our first accuracy-boosting mod ever.[*][b]Targeting Subsystem[/b] : 2 stars - Ditto.  Put it on the twin grakata, I guess?[*][b]Narrow Barrel[/b] : 1 star  - Unfortunately, accuracy-changing mods exist for shotguns.  Tainted Shell is a D polarity 14-cost mod, compared to this V polarity 7-cost mod, so it gets points for that, and it gets points for not costing fire rate instead.  Unfortunately, this is also competing with the other shotgun mods released this event, and it's easily the weakest one.[/list]  Now, personally, this is my take on all these mods, so results may vary.  But I've been screwing about with weapons and dancing with forma a lot, so I know what a lot of weapons are capable of, and what I wish they could be.  A lot of these mods fill those desires, and some just feel like they exist just to fill each acolyte's drop table, and the rarities/effectiveness obviously don't match.  Argon Scope is really the only one most sought after because of its rarity.  It's very good, but it's arguable if it's the best of the pile.  Either way, thanks to DE.  I'm definitely going to have some fun playing with these cards.

I'm kinda glad to get some extra mods, but not all of them are created equal.  So, I'm deciding to rate each one in effectiveness/usability with current weapons/mods from 0 to 5 stars
Torment's Mods - or 'everyone wants a damn Argon Scope'
  • Hydraulic Crosshairs  : 4 stars - We needed a damn crit mod for pistols better than Pistol Gambit forever and a half ago.  Thanks DE.  Could've been better though, given it's only marginally better than Pistol Gambit and needs a headshot to work, but I totally appreciate it.
  • Blood Rush : 5 stars! - Full score! - This mod balances the scales for melee weapons.  Until this happened, if a weapon wasn't 'Berzerker viable', it wasn't a good melee weapon.  Now, pretty much anything with at least a 10% crit chance can turn into a whirlwind.  I get to have an ultra-fast Gram!  Easily one of the best mods in the entire event.
  • Laser Sight : 4 stars - Another crit mod we needed, even though the amount of crit-shotguns are mostly limited to the Vaykor Hek.  I guess that makes up for not being able to load on Scattered Justice...
  • Argon Scope : 3 stars - I wouldn't wanna stick my eye near a radioactive scope.  I also ain't sure I want to sacrifice a mod slot just for more consistent red/crits, especially if it's less of a boost from Point Strike.

Angst's Mods - 'The common mod's the best one??
  • Body Count : 5 stars - but only because of other event mods that released - Yeah, this one's backwards, but I'm not going to complain about easy access to 12 extra seconds of combo timer, especially given what you can do with it with Torment's and Mania's melee mods.
  • Repeater Clip : 3 stars - The amount of shotguns that can actually make use of this aren't really that great to begin with.  You're either using a Hek or a Tigris.  Though, it gets an average score due to what I've seen it can do with a sobek.  Hilarious.  Probably useful on a Dragkoon and Kohm too.  But, meh.
  • Spring-Loaded Chamber : 2 stars - Now, this one's tricky because it's a little less expensive than the others for modding, more effective than speed trigger, less effective than vile acceleration, but less expensive than both.  A good option... for anything that isn't a bow.  Wonderful.  The one weapon type that it would probably be best on.  Next!
  • Pressurized Magazine : 2 stars - Did we need a fire rate mod for pistols?  I mean, we have three already.  Whatever.  It's as good as Anemic Agility without the damage reduction.  Or with it, for when you want that 3x fire rate, massive recoil, and practically no damage.  Oh well, I'm sure it'll be fun with the Dual Cestras.

Mania's Mods - 'FINALLY!  Status chance not tied to an element!'
  • Catalyzer Link : 3 stars - Only 60% status chance on ability cast for 9 seconds may not be enough incentive for primary weapons.  Would've preferred if this shared the 90% for 9 seconds like the others do, but I'll take what I can get.
  • Embedded Catalyzer : 3 stars - Now 90% might be enough for me to slot it, but unfortunately the pistols already have half their slots taken up for me by multishot/punch through mods and hornet strike.  Typically going to sacrifice some damage or bane mod to put this in.  But nearly doubling status chance to play with physical damage procs is fun.
  • Weeping Wounds : 5 stars - sweet baby jesus yes - Why are the melee mods for the first three acolytes so damn good!?  And they're not even rare!  ... Wait, let's keep them not-rare.  Because who should be subjected to crappy RNG for something that should've been in the game since melee 2.0 came out?!  Pile on them slash procs, tenno.
  • Nano-Applicator : 4 stars - So, shotguns are typically great for status procs?  Barring the Phage, of course.  So this one was kinda a no-brainer.  Funny enough, Strun Wraith got released on Sorties.  Put the pieces together, and you get a knock-down gun.

Violence's mods - '10x crit damage?  OKAY!'
  • Shrapnel Shot : 4 stars - I assume someone at DE went 'So I heard you were upset about not being able to put Scattered Justice on the Vaykor Hek.  So have some good crit mods for shotguns'  And these are 'on kill'.  Yeah, like that'll be hard.  I guess the only downside is that's what it's mostly good on, since shotguns don't have more than 2x crit damage all across the board.
  • Bladed Rounds : 3 stars - A Vital Sense that doesn't always work.  Only a good replacement if you're using Hammer shot as well for crit damage and not the status chance boost as well.  Otherwise, I can't see someone sacrificing a slot of damage for this.
  • Sharpened Bullets : 2 stars - Well, I already find it hard to slot in Target Cracker, and with Hydraulic Crosshairs also now jockeying for a mod slot in my already-crowded mod table for pistols.
  • Maiming Strike : 2 stars - Okay, to start, this mod is surprising.  This isn't like the other ones that just give a percent to your usual crit rate.  This is +90%, flat.  If you have at least 10%, you're going to crit.  The downsides are as follows A) Slide attacks aren't something you can churn out constantly without giving yourself a major case of carpal tunnel, and B) Blood Rush and Body Count exists, which are better uses of your mod slots.

Malice's mods - '... Oh I am so glad this guy's crap isn't on Misery's table'
  • Focused Defense : 0 stars - Worthless. - For starters, Channelling Efficiency is a MASSIVE cost that puts it on-par with choosing whether or not to install some corrupted mods, AND it takes up a slot.  I hate, hate, HATE that channeling efficiency mods exist in the same pool as other melee mods.  There's a reason why Life Strike is the only viable choice, and Focused Defense is no exception.  But +20% armor?  Are you serious?  Just to put it in perspective, you're giving up 14 energy per channelled swing for a rank 1 steel fiber.  Maybe it was a typo and they meant to give us +200% armor while channeling.
  • Guided Ordinance : 2 stars - Uh.... I mean, if you're using heavy caliber, I guess this'll help?  But most weapons are typically accurate enough.  It gets an extra star because it's our first accuracy-boosting mod ever.
  • Targeting Subsystem : 2 stars - Ditto.  Put it on the twin grakata, I guess?
  • Narrow Barrel : 1 star  - Unfortunately, accuracy-changing mods exist for shotguns.  Tainted Shell is a D polarity 14-cost mod, compared to this V polarity 7-cost mod, so it gets points for that, and it gets points for not costing fire rate instead.  Unfortunately, this is also competing with the other shotgun mods released this event, and it's easily the weakest one.

Now, personally, this is my take on all these mods, so results may vary.  But I've been screwing about with weapons and dancing with forma a lot, so I know what a lot of weapons are capable of, and what I wish they could be.  A lot of these mods fill those desires, and some just feel like they exist just to fill each acolyte's drop table, and the rarities/effectiveness obviously don't match.  Argon Scope is really the only one most sought after because of its rarity.  It's very good, but it's arguable if it's the best of the pile.  Either way, thanks to DE.  I'm definitely going to have some fun playing with these cards.

Edited in notepad, so its all squished together, but it works, if the OP would like to edit his post with it.

Thanks for the ratings, I guess not getting Narrow Barrel after 300 waves isn't so awful now (rng aside, should have gotten it once at least?).

I disagree strongly on Weeping Wounds and Maiming Strike.
Weeping wounds is actually more of a gimmick mod, the only usefulness of which is limited to allowing more control over your procs. Aside from that, the mod itself isn't strong and usually doesn't worth a slot in most cases save for very specific ones.
Maiming Strike, however is a mod of an absurd strength. Not only it allows any melee to reliably crit, it has insane synergy with Blood Rush and Body Count, allowing for damage spikes with multipliers that go over x40.

Actually, the one who is incorrect here is you. Argon Scope bonus isn't a multiplicative bonus. It works in the exact same fashion Point Strike does.

PS Also, I hate to say it, OP, but 10% crit chance weapons were always "Berserker-viable". You are heavily underestimating Blood Rush if you think this is what makes this mod strong. If anything, Maiming Strike is suited best for proccing Berserker.

For starters, for Weeping Wounds, you can potentially churn out status effects for every strike, and I like that.  Have you seen what a grill-damage Serro (Gas/Electric) can do in a crowded room?  I have.  It's terrifying.  It's not the same thing a crit weapon can do to single targets, but it's an awesome moshpit scenario.  Weeping Wounds will allow us to experiment with other status effects that weren't viable before.  As far as status effects' usefulness, like these mods, some are better than others.

Maiming Strike is Maiming Strike.  It's great for spike damage.  Not for much else.  That's what I said it does, but people look at DPS and say 'I want that' above something that they can only do every two seconds to an enemy (or several) in passing.

While you're technically correct about berserker-viable weapons, they weren't nearly as effective as, say, the 30% crit chance weapons that existed at the time at being berserker-viable.  Thanks to the way Blood Rush works, it makes those high-crit weapons hilarious for red crits, while the low-chance weapons just run up the tables on yellow numbers with every strike.  I know exactly how crazy Blood Rush is, and I gave it five stars.

x4 Focused Defence from the Endurance Shadow Debt mission.

My friends and I were crying.

Tears of laughter or tears of sadness, I still don't know.

Oh, I know.  I had nearly 500 waves beaten, was despoiling and pickpocketing Misery the whole while.  I have 97 of those @(*()$ worthless piles of pixels, and I fought Malice the least in the Acolyte phase of the event.  I have less than half as many of any other common mod.

Conditions mods for a limited time gain?

Haha.

Oh there is nearly no slot for those mods to be added.

The worse would be on a classic critical melee weapon with a syndicate mod. Just... Where?

Too much hype for nothing.

Have you seen what a grill-damage Serro (Gas/Electric) can do in a crowded room?

Have you seen, what a 100k damage per spin Orthos Prime can do in a crowded room? I had. It isn't terrifying. They just die.

And while you'll be perfectly fine with proccing your Gas/Electric with just three dual-stat mods, you can't achieve anything comparable to what Maiming Strike has to offer. This mod is several tiers higher than Weeping Wounds will ever be.

Have you seen, what a 100k damage per spin Orthos Prime can do in a crowded room? I had. It isn't terrifying. They just die.

And while you'll be perfectly fine with proccing your Gas/Electric with just three dual-stat mods, you can't achieve anything comparable to what Maiming Strike has to offer. This mod is several tiers higher than Weeping Wounds will ever be.

For one, Orthos Prime hits everything in its radius on a spin attack.  The thing that gas and electric procs do is hit -outside- its radius, for half-again damage, including things that you've already hit.  Per hit. 

I mean, you're just arguing crits over status.  You look at numbers, and of course they're going to be higher for crits, because that's exactly what they do.  I'm arguing that status has taken a backseat for far too long and Weeping Wounds opens up far more options than Maiming strike ever could, even allowing into the realm of consistent physical procs instead of just humping elementals all the time.  Maiming strike is 'I print a crit when I slide, no matter what'.  Which is amusing in its own right, depending on what you're using.  But people are printing crits with certain weapons without maiming strike, especially now that Blood Rush exists. 

Maiming strike fills a niche of having tremendous spike damage without needing to load up on crit mods.  Extremely effective.  This works best on high-reach weapons due to spin attacks, with few weapons outside this realm.  For those others, it's better to use Blood Rush.  So, not as much usability.

Weeping Wounds fills a niche of allowing status procs all day every day if you want it.  Extremely effective and usable on anything you want status effects.

Remember, I rated these using both those criteria?  Because something effective for every weapon class should be rated better than just one or two.  Especially if said mod does something that no other mod does yet. 

Criticising on your math and judgment about some mods.

Argon Scope - 3 stars? Really?

Soma Prime, Rubico(And future Prime and Wraith versions), Vulkar Wraith, any hit-scan, high-crit, average/high accuracy weapon. One headshot (only a hit really) and blamo, 80 lvls fall down like sticks on fire.

Now add to this all base damage mods, and you have something that can clean enemies outside their reach. Add to this potential buffs from frames...

Yeah, and this can go on.

3 stars is way low and it deserves it's five stars more then enough, plus it encourages players to actually aim for the head, to get an even bigger crit multiplier. Yeah, it gets what it deserves, a 10 out of 10.

Pressurized Magazine - 4 stars for me flat. 

Something I always need is faster firerate up close and personal. Don't know why you added the "massive recoil, and practically no damage", but using this on Hikou Prime is just pure awesomeness. Hell, who doesn't like to shove a two dozen razor-sharp stars up someones arse in mere half seconds? And with the fast reload you can get it as much as you want. Downside? Burns away the ammo. But if you're out off ammo with Hikou you are either on wave 70 in T3 Survival or just dumb enough to only use them, or you're goofing around just for S#&$s-n'-giggles.

Mania Mods - all except Weeping Wounds are useless, since you have need to be a caster spammer or a/with EV trinity to use them effectively.

Guided Ordinance - 4 stars. Would've given it 5 for a 45% accuracy. But only 4 since:

A)-20% accuracy with a rank 9 Heavy Caliber on Soma Prime is pwnage.

B)After reading A) return to the Argon Scope statement.

Also I would say with the ammo buff on Supra this is excellent too. But since Supra is mainly used to clear out waves of enemies on defense this may be not THAT useful, but I still would put it in a free slot, just so that I wont waste any bullets.

Bladed Rounds - 4,5 stars.

Come on, Soma Prime is just begging you to shove this in her.

Maiming Strike - 4 stars flat.

Orthos Prime with Max Primed Reach and as stated above a crit-fest on all enemies on demand. Would've given it 5 stars blindfolded if it worked on Hysteria. But devs knew this and didn't add this feature. Oh and since spin attacks give the highest damage on demand (wall attacks are the highest, but who killed anyone with a wall attack?) it makes this mod almost a must...  Kogake's flip kick up a Grinners face and seeing him ragdoll to the other side of the room.

Narrow Barrel - ??? stars.

I personally don't know, I wanted this on Phage, but after testing out it doesn't work at all. There is a proc, but no accuracy increase, so, bummer. 3 stars for that.

But I do want to use this on my Strun Wraith since I never go close range with shotguns and usually engage mid-range, and this is just a perfect for me. Plus the low rank cost is a welcome.

So I give it 2 for not working on Phage, and 4 for something I want on my Strun.

Basically you are an elemental player as far as I can see, since most of the hate goes to the crit based mods and their "uselessness". But instead, with them, Soma Prime and other hight crit chance chance weapons can now compete on pair if not better as Boltor Prime in terms of late-game damage.

And, the fact that these mods now actually make aiming in specific body parts (head, weak spots) a much better and rewarding option rather then just hit the body to kill, makes them more useful.