The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Melee For Namaron Build

(PSN)elgeneral15

Question

Since Namaron increases the importance of Crit I would like to know what Melee Weapon is now the best in general use

I dont own Prime Reach but I could buy it... but I doubt Galatine is still the King

What about Dual Ichor Prisma Dual Cleavers Tekko Prisma Skana Tipedo or Scindo Prime? Maybe even Broken War?

9 answers to this question

I'd say out of all those you listed, Scindo Prime is probably your best choice. With a rank 7 Blood Rush (since I'm low on cores) it can red crit at a 2.5x combo multiplier, and it out-damages everything but the War. Heck, even the War doesn't beat it by much. 

Since Namaron increases the importance of Crit I would like to know what Melee Weapon is now the best in general use

I dont own Prime Reach but I could buy it... but I doubt Galatine is still the King

What about Dual Ichor Prisma Dual Cleavers Tekko Prisma Skana Tipedo or Scindo Prime? Maybe even Broken War?

Regular War with Cleaving Whirlwind Stance (Because I don't have Tempo Royale): Mods are True Steel, Organ Shatter, Pressure Point, Berserker, 2 elementals (changing per faction), Body Count, and Blood Rush. It starts red critting before Naramon is activated with a fairly low combo counter from Blood Rush.

Later, activate Naramon (can use the invisibility passive to) and watch it chew through everything with extreme prejudice despite having lots of impact damage.

**Your name says PS4 so assuming that's where you play and assuming you don't have Body Count or Blood Rush my old build before those came out was the same as above, but replace Body Count and Blood Rush with Fury and Reach/Life Strike. A lot of people question having Fury and Berserker on the War, but I used that build for dojo dueling and I will just say: try it and see for yourself. It's kind of beautiful to behold, though a bit of an acquired taste.**

Alternatively, Mios with roughly the same build(s) for faster attacks and becoming a whirling cloud of whip-blade induced death dealing slash damage.

Edited by ValkyrieSequence

I kinda prefer the d-nikana over anything else on a mixed status/crit build (with or without mods as i'm still waiting for them.)

Nothing beats crit amplified viral+slash status to shredd evrything in this game to pieces. Best scaling in the game as it bypasses evryrthing grineer and corpus throw at you while doing additional damage vs corrupted. Slash status is only affected by basedamage and crit multipliers, what's real good on the d-nikana as one of the best dps weapons without multipliers on its stance. 35% will allways go trough when the status hits, no matter how hard enemys scale, to attack halfed health. Just slap in the poison and cold status/dmg mods to balance the status chance and go for crit, speed, basedamage and utility on the remaining slots. I personally do use prime reach on it but that's rly because i have nothing else beneficial on this setup. I doubt that the actuall result is that much tho. Will make room for a better combo/crit build in the near future.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108