Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Maiming Strike Made Everything Beserkable?

Heidrek

All weapons can use it, but not all weapons benefit from it.

For me, the only weapon I found worth Maiming was Dragon Nikana, as I use a Spoiled Strike heavy build with Decisive Judgement to ampt the animation speed. So when I use Maiming + Berserker on it, it feels more lively than using a Fury + Berserker on it. 

Plus 5% chance Red crit.

Other weapons good for Maiming are low crit chance, high Swinging Range weapons, or weapons that beenfit from attack speed but really can't get enough of it. 

Orthos Prime is better off Blood Rushing, but a Damage Heavy Maiming build is very strong too.

Another example would be Basolks.

They have high potential to be very good Status weapons, yet their garbage attack speed hold them back.

Making them Bersakable is very attractive.

Also, high spin damage is something every Dual Sword seem to show off. 

Every spin attack is ludicrously high, its just that spinning has even more crazy incentives, I was hoping for like a bonus for channeling mod, like energy leach. :P 

Not everyone like slide attacks forever.

Some prefer to use melee stance combo.

Also some still hate it because it reminds them of coptering. 

No I am not joking.

Dual Zorens Weeeeeeeeee. anyway back to topic. i never realized the hate against spin attacks. I want something more than beserk everything. We could take a look a shields and see and how terrible they are. I mean why not a 100% block rate, but only for the front. ehh? makes sense. or bonuses when unarming firearms? Or more work on the abandoned lone sword project and channeling?

Let's start from the beginning:

What makes you think, that main advantage Maiming Strike offers is somehow related to Berserker?

what do you think of when I say 90 crit rate on a mellee weapon. If you've been playing this game long enough, you know the answer is beserker. 

We have a buttload of channeling mods, charge attack mechanisms, status builds, and we came back to crits, and more attack speed. Why in the world would you think there is diversity. Damage is damage and survivability is survivability. sadly, berserker gives both of those things. and the other mechanics have been left to rot and die due to lack of maintenance and updating. 

survivability? if u said DPS I`d be more convinced, but that is the same as damage so i think ur not going anywhere with this

nah it only makes you spin 3 or 4 times, then once or twice every 23 seconds.

Like I said, when using a low-range spin attack weapon, it hardly ever hits, so u need to spam it until one has hit, probably by the time its timer was over making it pretty useless

ehhh if you were that desperate to use glaive, you'll see its very easy too. I don't know about you, but I got cestra to do pretty good damage it's just that destreza feeling sexy on my zephyr, I got a cape for this sole reason. To recolor black and feel like Zoro.

and is meh, glaive is meant to be thrown, why on earth I won`t use a boltace (with that spin attack damage it has) and use a glaive just to spin?

what do you think of when I say 90 crit rate on a mellee weapon. If you've been playing this game long enough, you know the answer is beserker. 

If you've been playing this game long enough, you would know that 10% of crit chance is enough to consistently sustain Berserker.

The bonus is additive, so slide attacks would have 92.5% crit chance. If anything, this is the best thing possible to increase the damage of your procs.

Oh, thx. Tested it yesterday and found it out myself too - strange, the wording is exactly the same as the multiplicative mods.

Feels nice, but I'm not using melee that much anyways. And if the 200 day login reward will come (if that will really be the P fury) I don't think I'll even need Berserker anymore.

If you've been playing this game long enough, you would know that 10% of crit chance is enough to consistently sustain Berserker.

mmm I mean it's possible but it's easier to spin 3 times and get the stack. and just maintain it instead of just spamming e. Remember most people bring mellee as a side weapon

survivability? if u said DPS I`d be more convinced, but that is the same as damage so i think ur not going anywhere with this

Like I said, when using a low-range spin attack weapon, it hardly ever hits, so u need to spam it until one has hit, probably by the time its timer was over making it pretty useless

and is meh, glaive is meant to be thrown, why on earth I won`t use a boltace (with that spin attack damage it has) and use a glaive just to spin?

I mean survivability because you wanna speed up the attack animation. the longer the time it takes you to hit the longer you get shot.

Spin attacking is not hard.

glaive is meant to be thrown, but not cestra. 

I mean survivability because you wanna speed up the attack animation. the longer the time it takes you to hit the longer you get shot.

Spin attacking is not hard.

glaive is meant to be thrown, but not cestra. 

-fair enough

-it is on some weapon to hit

-Cestra is a pistol