The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need Advice On My Rakta Cernos Build

Aniket

Question

I don't know which is better because I don't know how bad the accuracy loss is practically & if it's better to go with raw impact damage or elemental.

Serration/Split Chamber/Vital Sense/Point Strike/Stormbringer/Infected Clip/Heavy Caliber/Arrow Mutation

or

Serration/Split Chamber/Vital Sense/Point Strike/Stormbringer/Infected Clip/Cryo Rounds/Arrow Mutation

or

Serration/Split Chamber/Vital Sense/Point Strike/Stormbringer/Infected Clip/Crash Course/Arrow Mutation

Also, I won't remove the arrow mutation because it just works for me and my play style.

P.S 

I am not sure if I put this in the correct place, the post. So if I made any mistakes or violated any rules, I apologize, I never meant to.

9 answers to this question

I don't know how bad the accuracy loss is practically & if it's better to go with raw impact damage or elemental.

if you're looking to:

be accurate and get Weakpoint Crits and therefore get the highest Damage per Shot possible

you will not use Heavy Caliber. period.

if you don't like aiming:

get a different Weapon. Bows are not for people that don't like aiming for Weakpoints. if you don't, there are a lot of other Weapon Archetypes that serve one better if they don't like aiming.

Elementals are mandatory. absolutely. 2 Elementals is a must on every Weapon if you want to deal effective Damage to your Enemies. you have to have that Elemental Combo.

after that comes the specialization to generalize, further specialize, or somewhere in between.

i'm assuming you're shooting Corrupted Enemies with that since it's Corrosive on all options.

which then, the recommendation is to have Ice to supplement Damage on Alloy Armor Enemies while the Corrosive focuses on Ferrite Armor Enemies.

suggestions like this are generalization suggestions that allow a single Weapon to perform the best against all of the Enemies you will see in a Mission.

however you could very much focus on one Enemy Type, and use other Weapons to deal with other Enemy Types.

Edited by taiiat

be accurate and get Weakpoint Crits and therefore get the highest Damage per Shot possible

you will not use Heavy Caliber. period.

This, exactly what I was looking for. Thank you so much. I was asking because I wasn't sure if it would be bad enough to make getting head shots really hard. Also thank you for the explanation on the elemental stuff, I am a relatively casual player so I don't try to spec perfectly for each individual situation, and prefer general setups.

I use Rakta Cernos and Dread quite often. I don't consider Rakta Cernos a good bow for accurate shooting because it's very inconsistent. I prefer to pull Dread or Paris Prime for headshot builds.

For Rakta Cernos I would roll Heavy Caliber every time and just aim for the body. I use it with maxed Heavy Caliber all the time and it's fine for body shots at normal ranges. I don't see misses on crewmen or lancers until I'm shooting lengthwise down the longest tiles, like the big void room with the two gold orbs. For now it does plenty of damage to do whatever you want without headshots, especially with Viral on everything from the proc but we'll see how the game creeps.

The damage types you use are about the target and group comp really. I wouldn't forma those slots because you have to move cold around a lot for swapping between Viral+CrashCourse, Corrosive/Cold or Magnetic/Toxic. It's a lot easier to just swap them around if you're not counting on forma for those, otherwise you have to move your ~'s and D's around every time to switch. Not a huge deal, but convenient not to have to.

if you don't like aiming:

get a different Weapon. Bows are not for people that don't like aiming for Weakpoints. if you don't, there are a lot of other Weapon Archetypes that serve one better if they don't like aiming.

to be clear: if one is not very interested in Aiming, that is absolutely okay. by all means.

there's a lot of (non-abusive) Equipment choices that fit basically every comfort zone for a Player. all that i'm saying is if you don't like a Playstyle, Weapons made for that Playstyle aren't for you and you should not try to force them to work for you.

I am a relatively casual player so I don't try to spec perfectly for each individual situation, and prefer general setups.

the usual suggestions are fairly broad strokes to make Weapons easy to use. there are other options but these are toted often because they give universally lowest TTK across all Enemies you will face in an entire Faction. you can specialize lower TTK on certain Enemy Types but these average the lowest on all of them.

all of these toted suggestions are therefore centered around how you can Kill Heavies the fastest, as they have exponentially higher EHP than the Trash Units, which can be Killed fairly easily especially compared to the Heavies.

these suggestions are also for pure Damage, and do not take Status Effects into account. what you want to specialize towards for Status reasons is completely subjective and can't be given a formula for.

Radiation, Viral, Corrosive, Ice, Slash, Impact, Blast and Magnetic (sometimes Electricity and Fire, even less sometimes Gas and Toxin) are Status Effects which can help the scaling of your Weapons, by adding either Utility/CC, or the means to do more Damage than you're already doing.

a Loadout Tab on your Weapon for:

whatever you like vs Corpus, whether that's Magnetic+Toxin, Blast+Toxin, Viral+Electricity, Et Cetera. as different options serve different purposes on Weapons pending how often they apply Status and what their base Damage Types are.

Radiation+Toxin or Radiation+ Puncture (if you have the 120% Puncture Mods to use with high Puncture Weapons) for Grineer. Corrosive+Ice is also acceptable but is less flexible in most Grineer situations.

Corrosive+Fire or Corrosive+Blast for Infested. Gas+Electricity is very effective against the low Health Units, but is quite poor against the Ancients, MOA's, Et Cetera, which all have a TON more Health in the first place, and also have Toxin Auras, protection Auras, Grapple Hooks, Et Cetera.

Corrosive+Ice for Corrupted. Radiation+Toxin or Radiation+Puncture is technically viable but will have some trouble against 40-50% of the Enemies in Void Missions.

yes, this is 4 Loadouts but only 3 tabs to use. if you don't want to switch stuff but want one Weapon to do well against all Enemies (so broad strokes for Loadout options), you can either choose to lose a bit of Damage vs Infested or lose a bit more Damage vs Grineer.

i would usually suggest choosing Infested as the one to sacrifice, switching Fire for Ice and saying who cares that Infested are resistant to Ice.

Edit:

I don't consider Rakta Cernos a good bow for accurate shooting because it's very inconsistent.

i'm liking Argon Scope on the shiny edgelord Bow quite a lot. was previously using Critical Delay to make consistent Crits, now have a more interesting, Skill based method of ensuring reliable Crits, with a good Chance for Red Crits. (134.75%)

(per Weapon holster hiding when?!)

Edited by taiiat

the first one is probably the best?? if you dont want headshots that is

i use:

serration - split chamber - point strike - vital sense

stormbringer - infected clip - argon scope - bladed rounds

also i'm not sure how an ammo mutation can be your "playstyle" but if you're dead set on keeping it go ahead, just be aware that bows are some of the most efficient weapons out there AND you're sacrificing a big chunk of damage by doing it

Thank you all for the replies and advice. I know what I wanna do now. I wanna close the topic now, but don't know how to.

P.S

marshmellory, what I meant by playstyle is that I play the game for fun and casually, not competitively or very seriously, so I don't like to have to worry about ammo or anything other than fighting really. Heck I use the carrier sentinel so i don't have to think about pickups. If it's a long mission and I missed a few too many times, I can start to run low on ammo, so the arrow mutation take scare of that, that's all. Also I know that the slot could be used to up the damage even further, but as long as the bow is pretty strong, I'm happy, I don't need it to be perfect.