The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pyrana Build - Target Cracker Or Seeker?

Vargras

Question

Currently stacking up the forma on my Pyrana to try and push it towards a crit build, especially with the new event mods.

I've currently got Hornet Strike, Lethal Torrent, Barrel Diffusion, Maim, Primed Pistol Gambit on it, and am also using both Hydraulic Crosshairs and Sharpened Bullets to up the crit chance and crit damage even further. That leaves me with one last mod spot, but I'm unsure if I should go for even more crit damage via Target Cracker, or punchthrough with Seeker.

8 answers to this question

Currently stacking up the forma on my Pyrana to try and push it towards a crit build, especially with the new event mods.

I've currently got Hornet Strike, Lethal Torrent, Barrel Diffusion, Maim, Primed Pistol Gambit on it, and am also using both Hydraulic Crosshairs and Sharpened Bullets to up the crit chance and crit damage even further. That leaves me with one last mod spot, but I'm unsure if I should go for even more crit damage via Target Cracker, or punchthrough with Seeker.

Uh, i'm sorry but this build will not really get you far. You don't have a single elemental combo. That's a sin no build should be with.

Leave Maim and Hydraulic Crosshairs out of it, and slot in two elementals instead. Sharpened Bullets is fine, better than Target Cracker (i'm assuming you don'thave the primed one, try to get one, makes a world of difference). Then fill the last slot with punchthrough.

I believe he was looking into Bleed Damage... Which does not rely on Elemental damage but does rely on Crits.

Unless they have changed how Bleed damage is calculated, recently...

That's even more suboptimal though, Pyrana is a shotgun and it has a 10% status chance only, it hardly ever procs anything... And even then, pure phisical damage builds are only worth a dime on "elemental enhancement" Sorties.

That's even more suboptimal though, Pyrana is a shotgun and it has a 10% status chance only, it hardly ever procs anything... And even then, pure phisical damage builds are only worth a dime on "elemental enhancement" Sorties.

I concur

Except for Melee Bleed Procs only due to Scalalabe DoT (Combo count & Stealth multiplier)

But From the mods they were using it did not look like they were building a high-level build and more were just playing around with the Crit bias build and possibly the associated Slash Procs.

If they are looking for high-level build:

Convulsion, Pathogen Rounds, Primed Pistol Gambit, Barrel Diffusion, Primed Target Cracker, Hornet Strike, Lethal Torrent

No room for new Mods.