Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Build] Orthos Prime: Maiming Strike Build (Shadow Debt Mod Set)

_Rue_

Question

12 answers to this question

it takes little effort in modding and execution of play to  release the king of mayhem and carnage going. this is why in my opinion that although there are lots of other high damage melee weapons orthos will always be tops in cc and effective efficiency in killing and leveling the battle field, its still waiting for a comparable rival.

If you are going just for 100% critical spins - remove Body Count, Blood Rush and stack damage instead.

If you are going for Blood Rush Maiming Strike build (aka 100k+ damage spins), get Organ Shatter. Using Primed Reach actually isn't worth it.

Edited by Epsik-kun

I would say you should take out BR and BD... you already have maiming strike (according to wiki you would have 100% chance for a crit on the slide)

I would say to put more Crit Dam... and more base damage... because, if the crit is guaranteed, might as well kill the target without fail (not worth relying on red crit)

If you are going just for 100% critical spins - remove Body Count, Blood Rush and stack damage instead.

If you are going for Blood Rush Maiming Strike build (aka 100k+ damage spins), get Organ Shatter. Using Primed Reach actually isn't worth it.

I might just. It's becoming tedious to look for enemies to slay during a farm.

i find this miming strike redundant.

you have to keep slide attack for it to work.

it is good on low levels creep where u can 1 slide spin attack kill it but if not it become a burden

It's good for Ceres Heavies stealth kills so it's not that bad. I also get better coverage with slide attacks.

Can I replace Spoiled Strike, since I don't have it, with Jagged Edge?

You are better off with crit damage or an elemental mod.

i find this miming strike redundant.

you have to keep slide attack for it to work.

it is good on low levels creep where u can 1 slide spin attack kill it but if not it become a burden

Some weapons get a massive slide attack damage bonus. Stacking pure range, damage and crit damage with this mod is VERY powerful. It's rare having to slide attack more then once to drop most any content at that point. I'll have to do more simu later but i'm pretty sure stacking pure damage / crit damage i was able to still oneshot 100 bombers or come very close.

I would say you should take out BR and BD... you already have maiming strike (according to wiki you would have 100% chance for a crit on the slide)

I would say to put more Crit Dam... and more base damage... because, if the crit is guaranteed, might as well kill the target without fail (not worth relying on red crit)

I tested it and it sucks. You need BR and BC for increased damage. At an 8 combo count it'll kill bombards with slides without issues. Without it, you can't kill the bombards with corrosive.

A better build would be ditching maiming strike, body count and blood rush and use attack speed. Do not equip the melee since quick melee attacks have MUCH shorter after attack animations. This way you can spam slide attack multiple times faster than in melee mode.

Maiming Strike has the problem of not doing anything if you don't still slide when the attack connects. This makes it unusable for spin attack spamming, since you are not sliding anymore when it connects if you spam. If want 90% crit rate on your spin attack, you'll be losing much more dps from doing the slide attacks so slowly.

For stealth play, you want to oneshot enemies at the first hit, not after getting any amount of combo counter.

A better build would be ditching maiming strike, body count and blood rush and use attack speed. Do not equip the melee since quick melee attacks have MUCH shorter after attack animations. This way you can spam slide attack multiple times faster than in melee mode.

Maiming Strike has the problem of not doing anything if you don't still slide when the attack connects. This makes it unusable for spin attack spamming, since you are not sliding anymore when it connects if you spam. If want 90% crit rate on your spin attack, you'll be losing much more dps from doing the slide attacks so slowly.

For stealth play, you want to oneshot enemies at the first hit, not after getting any amount of combo counter.

The problem with this is... it doesn't work. Try killing a bombard while modded with corrosive. I don't spam slide attacks multiple times, i can kill with one. But getting the combo counter at 8 allows me to kill bombards with one slide.

This is not for DPS, it's for OHKs for farming so DPS isn't an issue as long as it OHKs.

Edited by _Rue_

The problem with this is... it doesn't work. Try killing a bombard while modded with corrosive. I don't spam slide attacks multiple times, i can kill with one. But getting the combo counter at 8 allows me to kill bombards with one slide.

This is not for DPS, it's for OHKs for farming so DPS isn't an issue as long as it OHKs.

I prefer doing missions without alloy armor fatties. My Orthos Prime with just regular build and corrosive oneshots heavies/commanders on ceres with regular non-spin attacks.

The combo counter related mods don't seem really good for stealth farming. At least I want reliable damage that oneshots on first hit just the same as on the Xth hit.

I prefer doing missions without alloy armor fatties. My Orthos Prime with just regular build and corrosive oneshots heavies/commanders on ceres with regular non-spin attacks.

The combo counter related mods don't seem really good for stealth farming. At least I want reliable damage that oneshots on first hit just the same as on the Xth hit.

it's perfect since everything else dies with one hit. When a bombard appears, the combo counter's high enough to deal with it.

Hitting 8 should not be a problem in any game mode especially with a 12 second window. I just think of both mods as a+50% final damage bonus that scales with enemy difficulty.