Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Extraction 2.0

Nedow40

TL;DR: Disable the alarms to lower the heat on you and make the extraction viable.

To the real explanation!

So you just finished your mission and you're going to the extraction. And it is there! Waiting, with no fear of getting hit by any weapon present in the whole ship. It isn't cloaked, heavy armored or anything, just waiting there. It could be shot anywhere, anytime. And Ordis says in the archwing trailer: "Operator, extraction is impossible during battle. I'm a stealth ship, not a combat pod." So why he alwasy wait in the extraction while we are in the heat of a battle? Because the game still in development.

In another called Payday 2, if you have too much heat on you, you can't escape because your "extraction point" just left to save his own life. In Warframe, it's hard to not having the enemies shooting at you. BUT, you can deactivate the alarms of the enemy ship. That would make an opportunity for your Landing Craft to rescue you and your team. If the alarms still going, then you have to disable and hold the heat for 5 or 10 seconds until you have your extraction point.

How it will work:

*Extraction needs to be avaliabe in less than 10 seconds;

*If a countdown start in the Extraction, alarms will not affect the Extraction;

*Alarms have a cooldown to activate. They can't be activated immediately after being deactivated;

*Alarm's cooldown higher than the time to the extraction arrive;

*The Liset Air Support will act as a jammer and a cipher;

*Liset's jammer will jam any type of alarm for more than the alarm cooldown;

*Liset's jammer will not add any time to the cooldown, it will replace the current cooldown.

*Every room needs to have a Control Module.

Some mission types will not fit in this extraction category, because they have "waves" of enemies, such as: Defense, Survival, Excavation, Interception and Hijack (that thing with the moving core). Those doesn't need to disable alarm and wait to the Landing Craft, as those have a Wave System.

The current mission type that fit in this new extraction are: Extermination, Capture, Mobile Defense, Deception, Spy, Rescue, Crossfire, Sabotage, Recovery and Assassination.

Any mission with Infested maintains the old extraction point.

With this system, we can have something that need a little more attention from the players and make the missions more authentic.

EDIT: Created a "How it will work" section

Edited by Nedow40

i feel like this is one of those things were it'd be like: "Cool! a new feature!", but a few weeks down the road people will be like: "urgh.. that **** alarm!" and then that ultimately leads to an angered player :/

That's usually the reaction to most new features.

i feel like this is one of those things were it'd be like: "Cool! a new feature!", but a few weeks down the road people will be like: "urgh.. that **** alarm!" and then that ultimately leads to an angered player :/

The Liset have one thing that disable the alarm for some time, Ciphers, you know... But it's a good point. Maybe it need to be tweaked.

That's usually the reaction to most new features.

So true in so few words.

So you just finished your mission and you're going to the extraction. And it is there! Waiting, with no fear of getting hit by any weapon present in the whole ship. It isn't cloaked, heavy armored or anything

Actually the liset can cloak..... Why do you think we are sat right next to Grineer frigates sometimes when you look out of your liset?

Actually the liset can cloak..... Why do you think we are sat right next to Grineer frigates sometimes when you look out of your liset?

Find a friend, go to a Exterminate mission, find the Extraction (the ship isn't cloaked, it is just there), make your friend do the work, stare at the extraction, finish the mission, realize that the Landing Craft does not changed position or cloaked itself in the intire mission.

Think as a Grineer. You activate the alarms so everyone in the ship knows that are Tenno in there. People get into position, others search for the Extraction point so they can destroy the possibility of a Tenno escaping, and the Liset is there. Just there... Kinda dumb right? Even for the Grineer.

EDIT: Double typo all the way across the sky.

Edited by Nedow40

Find a friend, go to a Exterminate mission, find the Extraction (the ship isn't cloaked, it is just there), make your friend do the work, stare at the extraction, finish the mission, realize that the Landing Craft does not changed position or cloaked itself in the intire mission.

Think as a Grineer. You activate the alarms so everyone in the ship knows that are Tenno in there. People get into position, others search for the Extraction point so they can destroy the possibility of a Tenno escaping, and the Liset is there. Just there... Kinda dumb right? Even for the Grineer.

EDIT: Double typo all the way across the sky.

If you want to get into the nitty gritty details, I think you will find that the ship is NOT there. There is no ship. The ship is never a model anywhere on the exit tile, all you ever see is the person shaped section, and quite a few Corpus maps have windows looking OUTSIDE to where the ship should be, and there is NO SHIP THERE.

The game has an "exit" tile, the tile contains the artwork, including the alcoves. When you get extracted the game simply creates an animation of you leaving, even though you are still exactly in the same spot. I get plenty of "extractions" where for a few seconds afterwards I'm staring at a missing Liset, with me still standing on the platform. The "extraction" is a cutscene, it does not really happen. Your Frame does not physically walk into the alcove and leave, it's a totally separate scripted animation sequence.

If you want to get into the nitty gritty details, I think you will find that the ship is NOT there. There is no ship. The ship is never a model anywhere on the exit tile, all you ever see is the person shaped section, and quite a few Corpus maps have windows looking OUTSIDE to where the ship should be, and there is NO SHIP THERE.

The game has an "exit" tile, the tile contains the artwork, including the alcoves. When you get extracted the game simply creates an animation of you leaving, even though you are still exactly in the same spot. I get plenty of "extractions" where for a few seconds afterwards I'm staring at a missing Liset, with me still standing on the platform. The "extraction" is a cutscene, it does not really happen. Your Frame does not physically walk into the alcove and leave, it's a totally separate scripted animation sequence

I'm so sorry for you not understanding a simple concept of a new system that will make people think a little more before going around at the speed of sound in every mission, but what I was trying to explain is: the today's extraction is a simple box that make an animation play when the player touches it. In the Roleplay vision of a gamer, your ship does your extraction and it will be always there in the extraction. Since we have space fights, it is strange to see that the ship is so vunerable for this long time period without moving or cloaking itself.

So in this system, we need to deactivate the alarms, since the alarms keep all the troops in the ship in an alarmed situation, so they start to search for Tenno traces. Suddenly they found a LandCraft. I will leave the rest with you. I explained it in the first post, but fell free to ask anything.

• 3 weeks later...