The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ash Weapon Questions!

Wavytron

Question

I've looked up videos on how to build ash and what weapons I should use.  
I seen that some people say a dagger is the way to go for that lethality skill.  
Would a dagger with that skill be well worth it over war or another melee weapon?

18 answers to this question

In all honesty it prefers what your play style is. The Fang Prime would be a good choice if you don't mind hitting an enemy more than once, or in quick succession. I personally use the War or Galatine, as it greatly increases the damage for Blade Storm.

Orthos Prime would also be a good choice, as it can cause a lot of bleeding damage.

But the choice is yours.

I hope this helps!

In all honesty it prefers what your play style is. The Fang Prime would be a good choice if you don't mind hitting an enemy more than once, or in quick succession. I personally use the War or Galatine, as it greatly increases the damage for Blade Storm.

Orthos Prime would also be a good choice, as it can cause a lot of bleeding damage.

But the choice is yours.

I hope this helps!

The weapon itself determines BS damage output?

If I'm not mistaken, covert lethality was made to instakill only on stealth finishers so ash's smoke screen won't benefit from that. Just get whatever you want.

Oh wow really? I wonder why it was recommended then lol.  Seen it on multiple Ash builds.

Yes, and it's the same with Valkyr, melee weapon affects her damage in Hysteria. That, and add a Steel Charge for a serious damage boost. Blade Storm is the same way. 

It's not working that way with bladestorm. It increases with steel charge, but mele mods and the mele weapon itself have no effect on the damage.

Weapon damage or damage mods don't effect bladestorm damage, only strength does. The only thing that effects bladestorm is fury and spoiled strike. (Fury speeds up finisher animation, while Berserker doesn't.)

I would go with the dagger with Body Count on it (Karyst Master race) and use teleport and then finish the larger mobs in late game.

Edited by mrwald0

No, the weapons' stats don't affect Blade Storm. Blade Storm's Power is affected by power strength mods, Steel Charge Aura and combo counter multipliers. Most weapon mods don't affect it either. Exceptions are Fury and Spoiled Strike, which increase the animation speed. So does sliding while selecting the initial target.

I assume the builds you've seen online that take advantage of Covert Lethality are used for high level content, probably endless Survival and such. In the void, Ancient Healers in particular can be a pain to deal with, since they can buff a whole group of enemies. The tactic to deal with these particular threats involves using Ash's Teleport against a High Value Target, opening said enemy to a stealth finisher, then killing them in one stroke with Lethality's activation, regardless of the enemy's level.

P.S. - Channeled skills like Hysteria and Exalted Blade don't take advantage of the equipped melee weapon's stats. Stop spreading misinformation.

No, the weapons' stats don't affect Blade Storm. Blade Storm's Power is affected by power strength mods, Steel Charge Aura and combo counter multipliers. Most weapon mods don't affect it either. Exceptions are Fury and Spoiled Strike, which increase the animation speed. So does sliding while selecting the initial target.

I assume the builds you've seen online that take advantage of Covert Lethality are used for high level content, probably endless Survival and such. In the void, Ancient Healers in particular can be a pain to deal with, since they can buff a whole group of enemies. The tactic to deal with these particular threats involves using Ash's Teleport against a High Value Target, opening said enemy to a stealth finisher, then killing them in one stroke with Lethality's activation, regardless of the enemy's level.

P.S. - Channeled skills like Hysteria and Exalted Blade don't take advantage of the equipped melee weapon's stats. Stop spreading misinformation.

Ah yes this was the main purpose behind a dagger I guess.  Thanks for pointing it out! Would this be better off than a war with blood rush, body count, etc? I seen some pretty ridiculous crit numbers with the proper set up. 

Weapon speed DOES affect blade storm. The higher the attack speed the faster your animations will be.

Also covert lethality has been patched to only work on non-alerted enemies and a lot of people don't realize this.

I'd recommend looking at the wiki entry. It was very helpful for me.

Edited by Sapphic-Sandra

You should use whatever you want with Ash.

But if you want the "Ninja" style, then bows, throwing stars and either a dagger or a glaive should do.

Weapon speed DOES affect blade storm. The higher the attack speed the faster your animations will be.

Also covert lethality has been patched to only work on non-alerted enemies and a lot of people don't realize this.

I remember the reaction to the change. XD

I personally use Redeemer, Dark Dagger (with covert lethality), Scindo prime and Broken War.

All with fury, body count, life strike and (sometimes) quickening.

I dont like Berserker cus its not always so simple to activate it.

P.S. - cant wait till i get Primed Fury

I'd recommend looking at the wiki entry. It was very helpful for me.

Oh bummer so essentially it's pretty useless now? (Covert)

Oh bummer so essentially it's pretty useless now? (Covert)

Covert lethality works with any ability/action that opens enemies to finishers, that includes teleport, radial blind and melee counter attacks.

I'm PRETTY sure that BS works off of finisher damage, as it ignores armor. I'm not entirely certain, but mods that increase finisher damage may effect BS. I haven't tested it though.

+finisher damage mods do not apply to bladestorm.

Bladestorm wants melee attack speed (for faster animations), Power Strength (for damage), and the combo counter (for EVEN MORE damage). Steel Charge also benefits it, but keep in mind that against the Grineer and Corrupted your allies may very well get a lot more mileage out of Corrosive Projection.

So with that in mind, for a melee weapon, you're looking at something that attacks fast, benefits from Berserker (which means attacks even faster but requires a good crit chance), and space for Body Count (which extends the duration of the combo counter).

A quick look through the Warframe wiki shows that none of the current Daggers are particularly conducive to a crit build and, as mentioned above, a dagger with Covert Lethality would not be of any particular use to Ash relative to other weapons.