The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Maces As Their Own Weapon Type (And A Couple Ideas)

(PSN)N7_Dredgen

I've always liked the Magistar as a weapon, and wished DE would come out with more designs of maces and make them their own weapon type.  Right now the Magistar is classified as a Hammer but I can think of a couple cool ideas for maces and it would be neat to see them get their own stance and become a distinct weapon type.  I've kept the Magistar in my inventory since it came out for the novelty but I would like to see more functional maces.  

I've had two ideas over the past while and just wanted to share them for discussion, see how people feel about Maces.  

Grineer: This one could be piercing oriented - designed in the style of the classic "spikey ball" flail - minus the chain - and it could have ejectable spikes in combo or heavy for example dealing blast/piercing damage.  I wish I was more of an artist to put this idea to pen.  

Corpus: This one could be the status/elemental mace - in my idea it has a head like a peasant flail, more cylindrical - and instead of spikes it could have small lasers - it would be cool if these could be changed based on the element you equip without being forced to have a default status like most elemental weapons - kinda like Chroma the weapon.

Anyway these are just my ramblings, hope to hear some responses on the ideas.

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

Yes people I am sorry - I got the name of Kulstar and Magistar mixed up - I meant the Magistar -_- I'll update the topic

I think the term "Hammers" 

is a good cover term for Magistar and family.

What annoys me is that Jat Kitty is obviously much longer than the Magistar and is using the same stance.

Technically they are "hammers" but it just annoys me.