The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Do You Manage To Do Tower Iv Runs So Easily?

KuraioNokami

Question

me and my squad have trouble grinding in the void, due to our inabillity to do even tower II runs easily. i run a full cc nyx, we have a tank build valkyr, a full-melee rhino that refuses to change strategies, and a tank frost. how can we build ourselves to be able to do tower III-IV better?

you're in here looking for help and getting some good advice. you've already said your group refuses to tell you stuff. when you go to them with this advice, are they going to listen and learn?

yes, actually. they listen to my advice and trust my advice, but they tend to be... incapable... of finding the right words to explain their build. they... have trouble speaking. all godforsaken three of them. then again, i guess that's why we get along... long story short, they refuse to tell me because they think i wont understand anyway.

i solo t4 up to about 50 waves cz after that enemy becoming really strong t4  is different story from  rest of tiers towers,,, u must   be near cover all time cz if they catch on open u are dead very fast

thank you. that is good advice.

Edited by KuraioNokami

Oh, just remembered something. You do know that Ancient Healers (those green mobs that drag you into melee range) give other enemies really high damage resistance? You should kill them first.

that we do, even though it takes like, what, five minutes to kill one because rhino just targets whatever...

Edited by KuraioNokami

yes, actually. they listen to my advice and trust my advice, but they tend to be... incapable... of finding the right words to explain their build. they... have trouble speaking. all godforsaken three of them. then again, i guess that's why we get along...

You lot sound like a fun bunch. 

As others have made it obvious, mods are key. They make the world. Until then, just have to take things slowly and keep yourselves defensible. That's about all people can really offer as advice. However, you can easily get mods from generous, old veteran players. You just have to find them.

OR Mind Control them first.

Works too.

yep. figured that one out the one time rhino was usefull to the squad. he was the one to suggest that to me.

You lot sound like a fun bunch. 

As others have made it obvious, mods are key. They make the world. Until then, just have to take things slowly and keep yourselves defensible. That's about all people can really offer as advice. However, you can easily get mods from generous, old veteran players. You just have to find them.

and that... is where my social akwardness destroys my chances. also yes, we are a fun bunch of inteligent idiots.

Edited by KuraioNokami

I take my banshee on those lvl 100 sorties, it shouldn't be too hard to find a groove that works for you guys ;)

It's probably already been said, but you need to mod your weapons, and frames accordingly. Don't be afraid to put in a corrupted mod and sacrifice one of your abilities if it means the one you'll use the most becomes quite strong.

Also, Rhino should be able to go into T4 with that strategy, he'll drop off in effectiveness really quickly, but he should last maybe 5-10 mins if he's relying on iron skin (he can fall back to rezzing you, or buffing damage with roar). If the rhino can't go without melee, tell him to equip a Life strike mod, and a Primed Flow mod (or maxed flow if primed not available).

As for the rest of the crew, maxing out mods is an obvious way to survive in higher waves.

Going off of the frames you guys got now, you can go:

Nyx - High efficiency[175%] + Range

Valk - Corrosive on Melee weapon, perma hysteria [balance continuity and efficiency, lean toward continuity]

Rhino - Same as Valk + Life strike on weapon

Frost - High efficiency build + Range (for the bombards)

The frost and Nyx should run a Tonkor, and/or Simulor, and assist the tanks from inside the bubble. Nyx should aim to keep everyone CC'd

When your team runs out of energy, frost pop another snow bubble. Team re-coup inside. Nyx CC, tanks go out and attack again, Nyx/frost support.

Just vary that gameplay style a bit, you should get into T3 at least ;)

Edited by MillbrookWest

point being, we cant replace him, either. we... dont have a replacement. and if we force him to change his strategy he dies due to him being incapable of aiming his guns. give him a shotgun and he will just kinda rush in and get instakilled. any ideas?

if he's just dying and dying, urge him to do something for it.

either change warframe/weapons/playstyle/mindset but do something. if I'm aiming for what is a difficult mission to me, I want my mates to be at least not a burden.

on the other end, if you enjoy playing with him, then TI or TII can be your "endgame" . there's no shame staying here for a while. As long as you all have fun.

Edited by Kiochy

As for Elementals, Corrosive (Toxin + Electric)  is a strong Element to apply to all weapons when bringing to the Void (they almost have no damage penalties when facing all Health types) 

MVPs to Mind Control are Bombards, Gunners and Ancients. And any Eximus yu find if also good too.

MVPs to kill as soon as sighted are Nullifiers and Ancients (Provided yu have already Mind Controlled another unit) 

Nyx has the added ability to pseudo tank to cover for yur allies, so when yu guys are retreating, and yu have enough Energy, don't hesitate to rush in and drop into Absorb to buy yur allies time to get away, and when Absorb ends, it knocks down all affected by it, giving yurself time to get away as well. 

if he's just dying and dying, urge him to do something for it.

either change warframe/weapons/playstyle/mindset but do something. if I'm aiming for what is a difficult mission to me, I want my mates to be at least not a burden.

on the other end, if you enjoy playing with him, then TI or TII can be your "endgame" . there's no shame staying here for a while. As long as you all have fun.

that is quite true. however, i will send this thread to my squadmates to show them what they could do. i want to see how they will react to all your helpful comments. i, for one, am quite grateful.

As for Elementals, Corrosive (Toxin + Electric)  is a strong Element to apply to all weapons when bringing to the Void (they almost have no damage penalties when facing all Health types) 

MVPs to Mind Control are Bombards, Gunners and Ancients. And any Eximus yu find if also good too.

MVPs to kill as soon as sighted are Nullifiers and Ancients (Provided yu have already Mind Controlled another unit) 

Nyx has the added ability to pseudo tank to cover for yur allies, so when yu guys are retreating, and yu have enough Energy, don't hesitate to rush in and drop into Absorb to buy yur allies time to get away, and when Absorb ends, it knocks down all affected by it, giving yurself time to get away as well. 

this is good advice. i take note.

I main Valk and Frost, so maybe I can be of SOME assistance

This is my Frost (Prime) Build. now Prime isn't needed, though the added polarities will mean your Frost is spending more Forma if he wants my EXACT build.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=580216938

I used Duration as my dump-stat as I'm primarily focused on damage and sheer defensive power. most Frosts need to stack a few globes just to equal the 1 globe I pop out. (Also, in case your Frost didn't know, Globe HPs stack when recast) My freeze time suffers, but let's face it. you don't really run Frost for his CC. others do it better, Frost is there to defend an area. also, if you have the time/forma for it, better to make Frost's Aura a - polarity for CP/Energy Siphon

For your Valk this is how I modded my Galatine, though it's really a good rule-of-thumb to mod melee weapons this way IMO. nearly every melee weapon benefits from this mod combination and I designed my weapons as gen-purpose so they don't particularly specialize in taking out of of the factions like many other builds

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=571950435

Again for your Valk, this is my build for her. mostly centered around Eternal War and abusing her Warcry, though in a Pinch I can Hysteria for a stupidly long time and just wreck. Rage is there to keep her Energy almost always max'd

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=571950403

it's a crappy-ish picture, but this was my last Nyx build for you. I mostly ran around and Chaos'd things to keep everything CC'd, but she's squishy as hell and I should really look into remodding her. Honestly for your CC frame you're better off going Loki or Nova.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=598186914

And finally, it looks intimidating due to my Primed Point Blank and all those Forma, but even a dummied-down version of my Hek build here can SLAUGHTER through Sorties with barely any need to aim. though if you CAN match these numbers, then you'll be killing even bosses in 1-2 hits. 50K damage per shot is nothing to laugh at

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=614930431

Honestly, the Rhino sounds pretty toxic given his rigidity. the Warframe community is pretty great for an MMO, so try finding a new squad every once in a while. I personally pop on every so often, you can feel free to give me a shout if you need assistance. I'm MR21 and have literally built nearly everything in the game and maxed it, and I'm primarily a Solo player. hope it helps ^^

I main Valk and Frost, so maybe I can be of SOME assistance

This is my Frost (Prime) Build. now Prime isn't needed, though the added polarities will mean your Frost is spending more Forma if he wants my EXACT build.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=580216938

I used Duration as my dump-stat as I'm primarily focused on damage and sheer defensive power. most Frosts need to stack a few globes just to equal the 1 globe I pop out. (Also, in case your Frost didn't know, Globe HPs stack when recast) My freeze time suffers, but let's face it. you don't really run Frost for his CC. others do it better, Frost is there to defend an area. also, if you have the time/forma for it, better to make Frost's Aura a - polarity for CP/Energy Siphon

For your Valk this is how I modded my Galatine, though it's really a good rule-of-thumb to mod melee weapons this way IMO. nearly every melee weapon benefits from this mod combination and I designed my weapons as gen-purpose so they don't particularly specialize in taking out of of the factions like many other builds

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=571950435

Again for your Valk, this is my build for her. mostly centered around Eternal War and abusing her Warcry, though in a Pinch I can Hysteria for a stupidly long time and just wreck. Rage is there to keep her Energy almost always max'd

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=571950403

it's a crappy-ish picture, but this was my last Nyx build for you. I mostly ran around and Chaos'd things to keep everything CC'd, but she's squishy as hell and I should really look into remodding her. Honestly for your CC frame you're better off going Loki or Nova.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=598186914

And finally, it looks intimidating due to my Primed Point Blank and all those Forma, but even a dummied-down version of my Hek build here can SLAUGHTER through Sorties with barely any need to aim. though if you CAN match these numbers, then you'll be killing even bosses in 1-2 hits. 50K damage per shot is nothing to laugh at

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=614930431

Honestly, the Rhino sounds pretty toxic given his rigidity. the Warframe community is pretty great for an MMO, so try finding a new squad every once in a while. I personally pop on every so often, you can feel free to give me a shout if you need assistance. I'm MR21 and have literally built nearly everything in the game and maxed it, and I'm primarily a Solo player. hope it helps ^^

rhino isnt realy toxic so much as he has... issues... when it comes to changing. you could say he lives in his own world. if i ever require your help i shall most definetly notify you. you... no, everyone... seems nice. i appreciate all of your help. finding new squads is hard for me. i'm too socially awkward to communicate under stress, so i just end up unintentionally offending everyone... also, it doesnt help that i, too, have issues changing, albeit not as bad as rhino's.

Edited by KuraioNokami