The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Returning Player With Questions About New Mobility

mishli

Question

Hi, I just came back to warframe after taking a break for about a year. and, while i like most of the new mobility system, i have to ask. what's up with the wall hop? I've spent a very large amount of time in my clan obstical arena trying to get the hang of it, but it simply just feels like crap. a large majority of the time if i'm trying to jump from wall to wall i fall off the wall then have to bullet jump back up. or completely fail the transition between two walls. 

I realize wall running was kind of annoying in the past when you would slowly start sliding down the wall. but now it feels like the rooms where it's designed for you to transition between walls (namely on the grineer tilesets and one of the spy rooms) are simply a mess to do.

Previously the wall run let you go straight accross the wall > then move right over to another one. while i really like the aim glide/bullet jump, this new hopping thing feels really really awkward and unwieldly

Is there something i'm doing wrong? or is this just a complication because of the way the moves were changed?

13 answers to this question

I agree, even after all the time since it was changed it still feels a bit clunky to me. I think part of the reason is that looking around with the mouse causes your Warframe to slowly go in that direction on top of any WASD directions and doesn't cling to and follow the wall like it used to do.

I've heard others say it was done this way to be more flexible with uneven walls/environments, but I don't know for sure. Bullet jump and aim glide is good enough, I think, that I'm willing to deal with the bunny hop (for now).

Edited by Maicael

I prefer the old animations, and wish they just gave us on a dime infinite wall runs instead of this nimbly bimbly hopping, not only does it feel weird, I think it just looks, uncool.

That being said, while I miss flipping everywhere, once I learned you can Bullet Whoosh in any direction based on where your aiming, I've come to appreciate it far more. Rapidly ascending has become a breeze as long as I con't clip a ledge.

Just note you only get 1 whoosh per string, if it's your opening jump, you can't do it again tell you make a parkour action off a surface. (Wall skip thing, Cling, etc.)

idk how he even pulled that off, since i came back i haven't been able to do a corner turn at all, including on the grineer tile when you used to be able to just run straight around the corner of the bowl shape in the wall, now i just have to bullet jump accross the whole thing and it feels like the tile is basically a waste of space now cuz i can not even get around the way it's supposed to be done

honestly, to me, it feels like the new movement system just made all the parkour tiles almost undoable, you can either just bullet jump straight up (look at you tower rooms) or the wall hop doesn't work right. 

so you either don't need to parkour cuz you can just double jump the whole way, or the wall hop doesn't let you do whatever you need to. don't get me wrong, i really like the bullet jump/bullet time, just feel like if they're gonna change them, the map tiles built on the old set should change too