Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Tens

cateater2u2

Question

12 answers to this question

Prime Warframes and Weapons can all be earned in game, while the prime accessories (gene masking kits, armor sets, Syandannas, etc) cannot. The wiki has all the drop tables for prime weapons and frames, so give it a look!

If it helps, anything in the Prime Access bundle is ear able in game, while the Prime Accessories aren't earnable without buying them.

Edited by (PS4)AirJordan73

However, you can't ever get prime cosmetics.

As those are just for those who pay for the game.

Correction: Those who buy prime access get the prime cosmetics. I haven't bought prime access but I still have paid for this game, putting at least $100 into it. 

I'm a tight arse,, i'll never waste money on a game after buying it...And if it's free, won't pay for add on's to that game... it's game why waste money that you saved/worked hard for...but to get any where in this game takes a damn long hard time....not to mention nerfing things...

Firstly, welcome to warframe!

And yes, absolutely, you can get all the cool Prime warframes and prime Weapons without spending a single platinum! (Except for Excalibur Prime which is exclusive to the founder pack) Let me tell you how.

Prime Warframes and weapons can be crafted in your foundry by gathering their blueprints and required parts(as well as materials) in the same manner as when you craft non-prime items. These Prime parts and blueprints drop from the Void, a special planned that can only be accessed using Void Keys.

(Please note that aside from Void, there is also it's ruined counterpart called Derelict that can be accessed using Derelict Keys. But I'll opt that out for now since only the small minority of prime parts drop there. And I don't feel like attacking you with TMI, if I haven't already.)

Void keys can be obtained by playing endless missions such as defense, survival, excavation, interception. When you obtain a Void Key, it will state its difficulty and mode. Difficulties are labelled as:Tower1(easy) Tower2(normal) Tower3(hard) Tower4(very hard). Modes are listed as:Defense Interception(Tower4 only) Survival Exterminate MobileDefense Capture and Sabotage. So your void key should look something like these: TowerIII Defense, TowerIV Exterminate, etc. If you have at least 1 Void Key, your navigation will show another planet labelled as Void.

As you may have already figured out, 1 key gains you 1 access to 1 Void mission with specified mode and difficulty. If you are playing with a squad, only the person who first selects the Void mission for voting will lose a Void key (and gains everyone free access). Different Prime parts and blueprints are rewarded to everyone in the squad at the end of the mission. You can refer to the wiki for more info on what drops where. There's a possibility that you might not have the key for the Void mission where your desired part is located, so you might want to keep an eye out for Recruit channel to find someone hosting your desired Void mission.

As for some prime accessories, while I agree that some of them are exclusive to prime access packs, they are for cosmetics and make no difference gameplay-wise. Plus, some Prime accessories are available at Void Trader(Baro Ki'Teer) who appears at the Relay once every two weeks. He accepts credits and Ducats (special currency obtained from exchanging prime items at the Kiosks in the Relays).

As for skins, they're pure cosmetics and make no difference gameplay-wise either. However warframe and weapon slots(so you can store more Warframes/weapons without having to sell the old ones) can only be purchased with platinum. At the beginning, everyone is given 50 non tradeable platinum, so you can spend them on extra slots. Also, since mods and Primes are tradeable, you can trade your mods and Primes with people and earn your platinum in-game as well! Payless and painless. So without having to spend a single dollar, you can get hold of not only the powerful Primes, but also the platinum merchandise in the market (color palettes, syandanas, armor sets, skins, etc.)

Hope this covered up what you were looking for. If you ever need some help, I'm usually online around 09.00pm-12.00am GMT+7 during weekdays. Happy hunting, Tenno~

Edited by InixNovia