The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Help With Spending Money

Galion1

Question

Hi,

I'm new to Warframe and liking it so far. I can see a lot of love and effort has been put into it :)

I have a question for more experienced players:

I want to spend around ~30 US$ (maybe 20, maybe 40) on this game, once. I want the effect to be permanent and as account-wide as can be. I don't care much about cosmetics. What would you recommend I buy that would improve my general experience in the game? Like, make the experience more streamlined, maybe a bit less grindy...?

Looking forward to recommendations :)

12 answers to this question

Most of the things can be bought in-game from wither grinding or crafting or trading. What you cannot get is more Warframe and weapon slots. Highly recommend you get a few Warframe and weapon slots to begin with. To make the game less grindy, you could buy resource and xp boosters but if you play regularly, you really won't need. Levelling things in the game is really easy if you know what to do or run with good groups. 

Oh, before I forget, WAIT FOR THE DISCOUNT before you buy platinum! You will get a discount from login rewards sooner or later. 

I have to reiterate slots. You did say something permanent and to help make it less grindy. Unfortunately, the things that make it less grindy are not permanent which are boosters. You can get an extremely extended one by purchasing a Prime Access pack, but that will exceed the amount you are wanting to spend, though it will get you some permanent gear and slots for that gear as well. In the end, for the amount you want to spend, slots as others have suggested are your best course of action since you can not acquire these any other way in game other than purchase.

Buy your slots. 

$40 will buy you enough plat to unlock slots for pretty much every warframe and most weapons.

Whatever remains can be spent on cosmetics - i.e. color palettes, warframe/landing craft skins, and maybe an occasional reactor or two, since getting them from alert missions and invasions takes time. 

Don't buy weapons/frames - it will just spoil the game for you, because once you start buying them for money, it's worse than Diablo 3 when they still had the real money auction running.