Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Question About Maiming Strike

PrVonTuckIII

Question

So I have Maiming Strike, and use it frequently (Boltace is best). I'm a bit confused about what it means. It says +90% Crit chance on slide attacks. I read on the wiki that it means it gives your weapon a base crit chance of 90%, and then stacks whatever crit it already has on top of that. This would appear to be the case, but I'm not sure. Can anyone explain?

9 answers to this question

On 2/4/2016 at 10:39 AM, PrVonTuckIII said:

coughcoughBOLTACEcough

Unfortunately it's still not going to be better than some other melee weapons even those that are puncture. Anku and Destreza still beat it out, but if you build for straight slide attacks and just don't equip it, it can be a great complimentary melee weapon as you can get about 28,000 each slide attack with a specialized unequipped build. Equipped and channeling with a specialized channeling build, you'll get about 40,000 damage per slide attack. And this doesn't include blood count/body rush builds.

Edited by (PS4)Crixus044

On 2/17/2016 at 5:50 AM, Epsik-kun said:

I feel an urge to vomit whenever I read "berserker viable" in regards to Maiming Strike.

That's just one way to use Berserker for it's increased damage output, which is great.  That isn't the only way to use the Berserker mod however.  

Edited by Sliphatos