Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Doom Trailer And Release Date.

izzatuw

Meh. I normally don't judge games until I get my hands on them. But I know shooters very well, this one reeks of 'current' trends. Absent of nearly everything that make the older shooters more distinct and fun to play to me. Not to mention their marketing is insulting. Acting like they invented something new...

Savage.

Most of the essence of the Doom series has obviously been updated.

I remembered the doom games to be pretty scary, this didnt look scary at all... This looks like a bloody version of an average console shooter.

Doom was meant to market as a gory action pumped game afterall.....

Doom 3 overused the scare factor too much.

The main idea of Doom was always to go on a rampage vs the minions of Hell.

You're probably remebering the wrong doom games then, because this is exactly what the original Doom was about.

I was  around 10 when I played Doom 1 and 2, that might be why I percieved them as scary and Doom 3 felt scary dispite the fact that I was older.

Doom 3 overused the scare factor too much.

The main idea of Doom was always to go on a rampage vs the minions of Hell.

OK, makes sense.

Looks fun, but i want to see how well the gameplay flows and get a feel for the controls before I buy, hope they do a pre release demo or open beta. Gameplay montages are usually made to hide a games flaws.

IIRC people who pre-purchased The New Order years ago were supposed to get a Doom beta key. To bad the promo wasn't available for FO4 pre-orders.

-snip-

*snaps fingers at Tulzscha and points at this* You sir. Are awesome. That pic is just so good.

Anyway. Do consider appease your appetite for gore by playing Brutal Doom pk3 and hey it can be used for both first doom and second. Also.

No any kind of payments to it. Just let the Sergeant_MarkIV (was it?) know that how much you love it.

You know, I'm actually going to enjoy seeing this game go through.

Complaints and Meta-complaints don't see anything good out of the improvements the Third Generation Doom has to offer.

Third, since Doom 1 & 2 uses the same engine and are storyline-connected. Doom 3 is just Doomed.

Anyway. Do consider appease your appetite for gore by playing Brutal Doom pk3 and hey it can be used for both first doom and second. Also.

No any kind of payments to it. Just let the Sergeant_MarkIV (was it?) know that how much you love it.

Thanks for the tip, I've seen that mod mentioned quite a bit but never really got around to it. I suppose it also works with the Steam version of Doom 1/2 that I have?