Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Baro Idea

(XBOX)Thrush iD

Until tomorrow we really won't know the fate of the most Loved/Hated Man in Warframe. So here is my thought.

Baro Mod Shop Open 24/7

Sells: Mods no longer in drop rotation ranging anywhere between 500-1000 Ducats per mod

Like: Event Mods, Corrupt Mods Etc.

Baro himself comes every weekend or every 2nd weekend

Brings: Weapons & Cosmetics & Primed Mods

Weapon Ducat price up from where it currently is

Cosmetic Ducat Price Down.

This I feel would also control some of the insane prices going on in Trade chat for certain mods,

Thoughts?

Edit: Forgot Primed Mods

Edited by (XB1)Thrush iD

But why kill the Trade chats or rather the player base trade market? This will change the game from f2p to p2w rapidly, people can't get their income as usual (with valuable mods being 24/7 available somewhere else).

Then we might as well add these mods to the market. 24/7 available for plat and credits.

The way Baro shows up is ok, only what he brings for the price he does, should be looked at.

You can still trade your Prime parts and such for Plat if you want. Or Trade them for Ducats (both are F2P not P2W). You can't buy ducats straight up meaning Baro's market would be more F2P supportive then trade chat is for say a new player wanting Buzzkill for 400p.

Plus it motivates people to grind primes and exchange extra parts either into Ducats or Plat.

Maybe I misunderstood your question?

You know why ppl complained about baro??

Ridiculously high prices, biweekly rotation, limited stock, extra grind, not useful merchandise.

Solve these things, raising price wont help at all.

Someone who understands! <3

I think baro is perfectly fine as is. Every 2 weeks gives more time to farm ducats and makes it that bit more special. I played destiny a lot and waiting on xur every week did not give the feeling it should have! Ducats are not hard to get mearly playing as I normally do I managed to get 2600 ready for his next visit. Exclusive mods adds value to both the trade system and player experience like these little bits of treasure that show up every now and then rather than being readily available. If he sold stuff you wanted all the time it would have to be exclusive to you because what a MR 3-8 (maybe?) Would want or need would be different to most above that and especially those top tier players who have everything. What I think people need to realise is baro will not always be of use to you and if it's more often than not then they need to realise the reality is they have got to the point where he is obsolete for them until he has new gear (same situation I found myself in with destiny and xur)

Redeye, do you play on PC at all? I play on PS4 and PC, and I can tell you the last 2 visits from Baro weren't just the normal, subjective "this is useless /unimportant to me" kind of stuff. Most of it was "this is either useless/unimportant outright (skins for unpopular equipment), too specialized to really want to spend your hard-earned Ducats on (Ammo Mutation and Bane mods), or so overpriced that I would rather get it through other means (Looking at you, Catalyst)." I like the idea that he had boosts available, but that would go over a lot better if that was always included in his inventory alongside what normally belongs there rather than in place of it. Especially since the boosts were only for 3 days, iirc.

Purely opinion here, but this is what I would like to see from Baro every time:

-A Primed Mod, or set of them if it's going to be something like the mutation/bane bods

-A special piece of equipment: Prisma, Vandal, Wraith, Prime etc of any weapon, warframe, sentinel, etc

-A skin or two

-Boosters

-A "gamble" pack

This gamble pack would basically just be a chance at one of: Catalyst, Reactor, Forma, Exilus, Lense, Greater Lense, Color Palette, Syandana, Ship skin, etc. Obviously rarer stuff would have a lower chance, but I like it as a sink for extra ducats while still potentially giving players nifty rewards. It's also another way for players to get potatoes, but very RNG and fairly expensive. Since most of these items run 20-50p, the Ducat price should be about 500. This is derived from the ability to buy junk parts from people for 1p and each part is worth at least 10d. Gamble packs should be limited to two per Baro visit to prevent excessive farming of them.

I think this strikes the much needed balance between an appropriate sink for prime parts, the need to buy plat, preserving the exclusivity and value of very rare items, and providing alternative acquisition methods of certain items to players.

Just my 2p.

Edited by (PS4)Sange13

Ridiculously high prices, biweekly rotation, limited stock, extra grind, not useful merchandise.

I've never found prices to be too high? Bi weekly is actually a system I prefer, If he was there each week he wouldn't be as special a feature.. for me at least. Limited stock... That's the point no? Extra grind... What do you expect it's warframe and if it was to easy to obtain it again takes away value from the items. Not useful merchandise... To you at least every time he's shown recently he has had something for me but I accept the fact there will come a point he will have nothing to offer me and when that time comes I won't complain I'll accept that he is obsolete for me until he has new items..

Redeye, do you play on PC at all? I play on PS4 and PC, and I can tell you the last 2 visits from Baro weren't just the normal, subjective "this is useless /unimportant to me" kind of stuff. Most of it was "this is either useless/unimportant outright (skins for unpopular equipment), too specialized to really want to spend your hard-earned Ducatas on (Ammo Mutation and Bane mods), or so overpriced that I would rather get it through other means (Looking at you, Catalyst)." I like the idea that he had boosts available, but that would go over a lot better if that was always included in his inventory alongside what normally belongs there rather than in place of it. Especially since the boosts were only for 3 days, iirc.

no I don't Play pc but did obviously saw about the boosters etc... I dont think be should sell anything that is readily available ever.. Skins and mods now is a different matter all primed mods should have a fixed price I think but on the higher end so they are not to easy to get. Primed ammo mutations though I do agree useless for probably most but available should you ever want it or need them.

Skins should be the same but on the lower end of pricing again fixed for all and obviously feature more frequently used weapons. I just think people need to remember he is a somewhat special feature that features exclusive wares, you may not want it but someone will and probably more so the little guy that has not been playing long.

Edited by (XB1)BsT xRedeye

mod prices should be 300-400 ducats because of the low exchange rate

weapons 400-450 range

cosmetic items 40-75 range

potatoes 100-150 ducats and maybe 400k credits

all items ever sold should always be at the kiosk, new items would appear 1 month later after hes returned.

Baro was fine as it was.

He was not your personal item shop, he was a "bling store" plain and simple. You don't want the stuff? Then don't buy it.

He was not a "service" for players, he was simply there as something extra, a sink, to be either used or ignored. I could not care less if the prices are reasonable or not in the same way I don't care that the Guild Wars 2 player market tries to sells some items for thousand of Gold. You don't need them to play, and you are not entitled to them.

If you can't afford them, then move on.

DE would have looked at what sells and what does not in the logs, and gradually adjusted things on their own, instead people keep thinking this free game "owes them things" and we have the current situation.