Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Not Liking Vulkar Wraith New Sound Fx 18.4.7

SpiralNexus

• Made some adjustments to the Vulkar Wraith’s audio FX.

I liked the original sound much better, so primitive and mechanical with that heavy hammering sound on every shot. I understand adding a new effect to signify the new weapon variant being more buff, but I have to say the new "pew pew" electronic sound effects being added to every stronger version of weapon does not make them sound stronger, but rather weaker IMO; case in point: Braton Prime. Anyone else feel this way?

IMO; case in point: Braton Prime. Anyone else feel this way?

dont forget Hek, Gorgon, Braton vandal etc. etc.

EDIT: in case if anyone want to hear the sound of Braton vandal here link (

) (the video is not from me) Edited by Bulgarian

• 2 weeks later...

It's pretty subtle too, i would actually be okay with this if the wraith had this new sound but the original kept true to the menacing sound. For some reason, DE hasn't been giving special weapons different sounds apart from prisma, they used to always give them different sounds. gorgon wraith still sounds like gorgon too, and that weapon is pretty ancient compared to other weapons. 

not to mention the classic chain rattling sound that made the gorgon famous and fun to use (and made you tense up when a heavy gunner appeared) was removed for no reason. DE's excuse of "we were updating sounds to fit the engine" is bullcrap, i mean why couldn't they have just did updated versions of the OLD SOUNDS??? It doesn't make any sense in my opinion, it just makes it seem like DE doesn't want us to have a say in sound design honestly. The kraken is one of the last weapons in warframe that still have a menacing sound, probably because DE forgot about it like everyone else :/ One day, they will "update" that sound too, and crush my favorite secondary. 

Edited by Darthmufin