The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Returning Player And Question On Armor

Zsword

Question

Is Armor still garbage?

When I stopped playing, round about the time Ember Prime came out, Armor was a garbage stat, as most enemies essentially ignored it completely, and health is still nigh on unrecoverable barring certain situations. (Nekros/Trinity, Regen Aura) meaning shields or bust for defense, and frames that didn't have Shields, had best have a second source of defense otherwise. (Valkyr Ult)

Is this still mostly the case? So far it still FEELS mostly the case.

7 answers to this question

Notably Armour affects certain powers, including Rhino's Iron Skin, Frost's Snow Globe and some others. Since these Warframes also have a respectable base Armour, it might be worth modding for on them.

Obviously Valkyr and Chroma have a lot of Armour, so it shouldn't be ignored on them either. 

Chroma was what brought it to mind, because Vex armor looks like a completely worthless skill to me, as it's entire purpose is based around your Health. (Shields get hit, produces armor, which protects health. take health damage, deal more damage.) And it seems like if you're at the point your taking health damage, then you're already dead.

Chroma was what brought it to mind, because Vex armor looks like a completely worthless skill to me, as it's entire purpose is based around your Health. (Shields get hit, produces armor, which protects health. take health damage, deal more damage.) And it seems like if you're at the point your taking health damage, then you're already dead.

Heh, that's only if you don't plan for it. I run with Life Strike on my Melee and make him into a berserker who only gets stronger the more you hit him, thus restoring more life. Throw in a Rage, Quick Thinking and Primed Flow, he's a beefy contender.

Armor isn't bad, but it's not effective or reliable. I solo on Ceres, Nuovo to practice Grineer survival 33-38, and 25 mins in to the game with lvl 50 units, armor isn't great at all, because all it takes is a few shots, and you're dead. I wouldn't rely too much on armor if I were you unless you're using a Rhino who's iron skin scales on total armor. In void T4 Survival, I can play with Valkyr, with the highest base armor in game but still die instantly to level 40-50 units, so armor doesn't even really matter much at all. So there is some merit in your argument, but I wouldn't completely agree.

Hope this helps,

Fisher.

Armor isn't bad, but it's not effective or reliable. I solo on Ceres, Nuovo to practice Grineer survival 33-38, and 25 mins in to the game with lvl 50 units, armor isn't great at all, because all it takes is a few shots, and you're dead. I wouldn't rely too much on armor if I were you unless you're using a Rhino who's iron skin scales on total armor. In void T4 Survival, I can play with Valkyr, with the highest base armor in game but still die instantly to level 40-50 units, so armor doesn't even really matter much at all. So there is some merit in your argument, but I wouldn't completely agree.

Hope this helps,

Fisher.

Chroma also ends with a crap ton more armor than Valkyr while using Vex Armor. Somewhere between 2000 and upwards depending on if you put Steel Fiber and focused on Power Strength. Think in my calculations, the armor value got to over 6000 since I did both Steel Fiber and added in Blind Rage at max rank.