Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dispute With A Guide Of The Lotus

Ameijin-Grey

In X relay, I have been wronged by a guide. There was a player who deliberately tested the limits of Kickbot by commanding it "KICKBOT KICK ME", typed entire sentences in caps lock prior to this, and also ignored all warnings from the people in the relay. To assist this fellow in his attempts at getting kicked by Kickbot, I told him "Type the magic letters 'WTB'." Right after, -removed name- told me that if anyone were to get kicked by typing those letters, I would be kicked too. (This guaranteeing me a kick if anyone decides to get me kicked just because). Thus, someone typed it and got me kicked. 

There are a few problems with this 

Edited by Ameijin-Grey

Actually, there's nothing wrong with this.

1. This is naming-and-shaming, which is against the forum terms of use.

2. As per Guide of the Lotus rules, dictated by Danielle, intentionally baiting other users into being kicked by Kickbot via telling them to say certain phrases is itself a kickable offense. There was no wrongdoing.

As per Guide of the Lotus rules, dictated by Danielle, intentionally baiting other users into being kicked by Kickbot via telling them to say certain phrases is itself a kickable offense. There was no wrongdoing.

this only applies if the user who wrote "WTB" did that shortly after the OP wrote his text, if not, why would it be his fault?

Actually, there's nothing wrong with this.

1. This is naming-and-shaming, which is against the forum terms of use.

2. As per Guide of the Lotus rules, dictated by Danielle, intentionally baiting other users into being kicked by Kickbot via telling them to say certain phrases is itself a kickable offense. There was no wrongdoing.

So this applies even if someone literally begs to be kicked? Alright I will keep that in mind. Thank you for your feedback. 

this only applies if the user who wrote "WTB" did that shortly after the OP wrote his text, if not, why would it be his fault?

The user did type "WTB" shortly after the purple text was written.

So this applies even if someone literally begs to be kicked? Alright I will keep that in mind. Thank you for your feedback. 

The user did type "WTB" shortly after the purple text was written.

Yes, it still applies, as other users might follow suit.

Because there's a chance other users might do it too. It happens pretty often in other channels. Regardless of the situation, don't try to bait others into getting kicked.

I think the point is, if you feel like you need to be involved in stupid behavior, dont be surprised if you are grouped with the stupidity.

For clarity, im not calling anybody stupid, im merely describing the behavior.

In the future, should you feel that need to inject yourself into said behavior of another, you can always private message them.