Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Add A Small, Blinking Red Light To The Ogris.

MASKSMITH

Have it be off during all normal Ogris operation, then blink whilst the gun is charging, and finally turn solid red when the gun is ready to fire. Alternatively, have the light be red until it turns green to signify full charging.

It is impossible currently to tell when the Ogris is done charging other than by guesswork, the sound that goes along with it does not even sync up or seem to have anything to do with when the gun is ready to fire. A visual indicator would help tons, and it would be better than an audio cue since not all gamers can hear.

Ah, right. I forgot about that. I'm not too familiar with the specifics of color blindness but I believe blue or yellow would work, right?

Yeah, blue/yellow works for us (or at least the vast majority of us anyways).

Blue/red or a shape change would be better though.

Edited by Volt_Cruelerz

Except Blue-Yellow Colour Blindness is also a prominent thing. Red-Green and Blue-Yellow are the two most prominent types apart from Total Colour Blindness.

Best just to avoid that combo, too. Just to be safe.

Well, yes, it happens, but it's extremely rare and generally speaking better than red/green.  Obviously the ideal would be to have a shape change or something.  But Achromatopsia is stupidly rare.  Honestly, it's kinda like epilepsy set off by flashing lights...  You probably won't be playing video games anyways unfortunately.

Edited by Volt_Cruelerz

I was actually coming to the forum to make a similar post to this. With all the in game sounds there is no way I can tell if it is charging or if I pressed the left click a split second too early when will not fire anything when I release. It's quite annoying when I release my finger while aiming at a huge clump of guys and have to charge my rocket again for another second or so.

Seems like it would be nicer if there was no charge and just a longer time before being able to fire (lower fire rate), or a single-shot with reload. All of which can be mitigated with mods either way.

Aren't these supposed to be rockets? Would only make sense for it to charge if this was throwing super-heated plasma, energy, or some other sci-fi substance rather than a rocket-propelled projectile.

Except Blue-Yellow Colour Blindness is also a prominent thing. Red-Green and Blue-Yellow are the two most prominent types apart from Total Colour Blindness.

Best just to avoid that combo, too. Just to be safe.

Red green colourblindness in all its forms and severities makes up roughly 7-10% of the male population, depending on whose figures you cite and area and at what point you draw the line and so on.

Blue yellow colourblindess makes up between 0.001% and 0.0001% of the population.

Do you see the order of magnitude difference?

Also a bit misleading to say they're the two most prominent types..yes it's technically true if you think of it in a certain way..but the fact that there are only those three base 'types' that make up a complete spectrum kinda overplays the value of being second on the list of how common it is.

Edited by Cavan