Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Everyone Thinks About A Black Market System?

Inugami999

I've been thinking about this after update 8, and i want to ask everyone about it, so what's everyone thought about a black market system that will randomly open and sell a random set of items that can't normally be bought with in game cash (ex: potatoes, frame's parts, helms, mods etc) for a very high price and each items can only be bought once?

Adding in:

Like what Lumireaver said, the marketeer trades will be vary, items for items, parts for parts, along side with credit items and can vary to others combanation. what you guys think about the black marketeer will sometime send you into a "black market exclusive mission" and run the errand for he/she/it then you get a reward(S) of your choice after doing it? (have to be a challenging mission ofc)

If anyone have more ideas feel free to add in and hopefully DE team will see it xD

Edited by Inugami999

I had no idea what to expect from the thread title, but after reading the description...I could get behind this. Be good for those of us that have millions of credits just taking up space.

This exactly. I thought this was going to be some stupid idea from a different MMO that already has a "Black Market" where you take risks to win lotteries. I was ready to jump in here and rant, but your idea is actually a really good idea.

At first it seemed like this was just another topic asking for easy access to the things DE uses to sell Platinum. Even considering that, I do like the idea of a dynamically appearing "black market," but I don't believe it should only deal in credits. 

Ameretat got me thinking. What if this "Black Marketeer" randomly appeared once or twice a week for a few hours at a time. If it is your intention to trade with the Marketeer, you would need to complete a specific mission, which wouldn't be announced anywhere. (The aim here is to make the community post topics like "Black Market found! Go to Kiste!" and so on. It generates excitement and keeps things interesting.) Once you complete the run, you could access the Black Market from the mission map until it becomes unavailable.

As for the Marketeer's stock, he/she/it should have a limited number of specific trades. You could, for example, trade an Aura Frost Helmet for an Espirit Vauban Helmet, or a Glaive for a Ceramic Dagger. You could also trade 6m Credits for a Handspring or Multi-shot, or say, three Control Modules for five Neurodes. Catalysts for Reactors. ... You get the idea.

Actual trades could vary, but you get the idea. I don't suppose it would be a bad idea if very very rarely he would also offer a potato.

At first it seemed like this was just another topic asking for easy access to the things DE uses to sell Platinum. Even considering that, I do like the idea of a dynamically appearing "black market," but I don't believe it should only deal in credits. 

Ameretat got me thinking. What if this "Black Marketeer" randomly appeared once or twice a week for a few hours at a time. If it is your intention to trade with the Marketeer, you would need to complete a specific mission, which wouldn't be announced anywhere. (The aim here is to make the community post topics like "Black Market found! Go to Kiste!" and so on. It generates excitement and keeps things interesting.) Once you complete the run, you could access the Black Market from the mission map until it becomes unavailable.

As for the Marketeer's stock, he/she/it should have a limited number of specific trades. You could, for example, trade an Aura Frost Helmet for an Espirit Vauban Helmet, or a Glaive for a Ceramic Dagger. You could also trade 6m Credits for a Handspring or Multi-shot, or say, three Control Modules for five Neurodes. Catalysts for Reactors. ... You get the idea.

Actual trades could vary, but you get the idea. I don't suppose it would be a bad idea if very very rarely he would also offer a potato.

you just made the idea even better, sound more dynamic than what i had in mind

that's what I'm talking about.. this works.

I had a thought similar at a previous time.  i figured at the end of some missions you would get the chance to spend credits on one of a few items.  You would only get one choice and they would be pretty expensive, but it would be another opportunity to get your hands on some blueprints and other items that aren't available in the normal marketplace.

I think a "black market" would be a good way to offer up an alternative opportunity to finish off some hard to find frame parts.  They could also offer up material piles for a price.  There are a few different ways that this extra merchant would be able to help out with a very low chance of going overboard.

you just made the idea even better, sound more dynamic than what i had in mind

that's what I'm talking about.. this works.

Thanks. :-)

Cordelia (Uranus): Blackmarket Weapons Dealer Located - 37m - 4300cr

This is the current alert. Sounds like the RNG gods are trying to tell us something...

I dunno, the RNG is a nefarious and treacherous sort. It gave me sidearm experience for my maxed sidearm... again. Though this sort of recurring mini-event would be nice.