The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's Passed Red Crits?

Xanderplayer

Question

As we know, The Acolyte operation had brought us some pretty amazing mods. However, I have noticed that with some of the mods I can now get my Soma to Red Crit at around 130% crit chance. However, on the Dread, with a base crit of 50%, we can stack Point Strike and Critical Delay on it for 149% total crit chance. One of the new acolyte mods, Argon Scope, on headshots, increases the critical chance by 135% for 9 seconds. This should, in turn, add a further 67.5% chance of crit. This Should mean that for the 9 seconds of the active Argon Scope effect, the Dread should be dealing 216.5% critical chance without even thinking about the Arcane enhancements.

To further this thinking I've also pondered upon the possibility of also using the Bladed Rounds mod. With the dread, we have the critical multiplier of 2, which can be brought to 4.4x with vital sense. From here I could think that once Bladed Rounds becomes active, an extra 2.4x multiplier would be stacked, bringing the total critical multiplier to 6.8x.

(Correct me if I'm wrong)

That in mind, the critical multiplier would (I guess) be doubled anyway when brought into Red Crit for a total 8.8x? multiplier with Vital Sense, and with Bladed Rounds makes 13.6x?

To finish my thoughts... Say that the damage stacks in that extra 16.5% critical chance... would that then further double the 13.6x multiplier to 27.3x? or would it add another 6.8x to make 20.4x?

If so... how much damage could be possible on say, the Paris, or Dread, Would the chance of critical even go beyond 200 via the coding of the game? or would it stack beyond and create something greater than a Red Critical?

6 answers to this question

the result should be another Red Crit calc on top of your existing Red Crit calc.

Red Crits are Crit Multiplier -1 on top of the standard Crit, FYI.

on a side note, adding Critical Delay to Dread there is useless and makes the Weapon unusable. 6 Mods are already permanently affixed to the most popular Bows, adding Argon Scope fills the last open slot as Vile Acceleration goes in the last slot.

if you're meaning just looking at Crit Chance in a theoretical manner very well, just noting that you couldn't actually use all of those Mods in Gameplay,the Weapon would lose atleast 80% of it's Damage performance.

From what I have seen (at least shortly after the mods were released) there is some type of extra damage for over 200% chance but the crits still display as red even though they do way more

Red red crits, just a higher number.

That's what I was thinking could be the case, thanks!

the result should be another Red Crit calc on top of your existing Red Crit calc.

Red Crits are Crit Multiplier -1 on top of the standard Crit, FYI.

on a side note, adding Critical Delay to Dread there is useless and makes the Weapon unusable. 6 Mods are already permanently affixed to the most popular Bows, adding Argon Scope fills the last open slot as Vile Acceleration goes in the last slot.

if you're meaning just looking at Crit Chance in a theoretical manner very well, just noting that you couldn't actually use all of those Mods in Gameplay,the Weapon would lose atleast 80% of it's Damage performance.

Oh, thanks!

But in my build for the Dread I was able to just counteract the critical delay with a speed trigger, but of course, as I wrote a forum post about it, this build is pretty much just experimental. It has Vital Sense, Serration, Speed Trigger, Bladed Rounds, Argon Scope, Point Strike, Critical Delay, and Fanged Fusillade. As it stands the only real way of dealing heavy damage is in red crit mode or double red crits. 

As it stands the only real way of dealing heavy damage is in red crit mode or double red crits. 

if you're trying to actually use that - you'll find that the only way to deal high Damage like that is... well, you don't.

no Elementals? not much Damage. not in comparison to Elementals that is.

if you insist on using that though, atleast use Vile Acceleration instead of Speed Trigger so it isn't as slow.