The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are Second Accounts Allowed?

BabyBomi

Question

Not sure if this is the right place but meh.

I'm almost at a point where I have everything I want and getting a little bored. I'm quite fascinated at the thought of starting fresh and maybe taking a different path in the "beginning stage".

Are we allowed second accounts? I think I saw someone say it was allowed if we don't trade between them, but what harm would that do? Your stuff is still your stuff, and even if it wasn't, lots of high MR players (or nice players in general) give out a lot of free stuff to new players. So where's the problem?

This is the right place for your topic.

Second accounts are allowed (new player experince, start over) but all interactions between your accounts (trading) are ban worthy.

Some players abuse second accounts for multipel event mods or farming platinum discounts if you get caugth you will be punished.

Edited by (PS4)Prisma144

Yes you can have as many accounts as you want, but you can't interact between them in any way, or bypass any limitations with them.

For example you can't trade between them (even by using someone else in between). Can't be in the same clan. Can't wait for plat discounts on alt and buy plat for main. Can't get event mods on all accounts, trade them and get plat for main. Etc.

All accounts may be banned if you violate the EULA.

Yes you can have as many accounts as you want, but you can't interact between them in any way, or bypass any limitations with them.

For example you can't trade between them (even by using someone else in between). Can't be in the same clan. Can't wait for plat discounts on alt and buy plat for main. Can't get event mods on all accounts, trade them and get plat for main. Etc.

What's wrong with trading between ur accounts? O_o

As posted by Naftal and Prisma144, you are allowed to have multiple accounts, BUT you must tread carefully as to not interact with other accounts connected to your IP. This would look like you were trying to cheat the system which is a no-no.

What's wrong with trading between ur accounts? O_o

It can be seen as cheating the system.

As posted by Naftal and Prisma144, you are allowed to have multiple accounts, BUT you must tread carefully as to not interact with other accounts connected to your IP. This would look like you were trying to cheat the system which is a no-no.

It can be seen as cheating the system.

Does the same IP mean same Internet? My friend comes over sometimes, will it think I'm trading between my own account? O_o

Cheating the system? When I first started this MR20 guy gave me everything including tempo Royale, why isn't that cheating?

Does the same IP mean same Internet? My friend comes over sometimes, will it think I'm trading between my own account? O_o

Cheating the system? When I first started this MR20 guy gave me everything including tempo Royale, why isn't that cheating?

Well that's the rules. You can argue with them, but if the system thinks you're cheating you can get auto-ban from a bot, and then explain the situation with support. 

What about sharing accounts? Is that allowed?

Sharing same account ? I think it's not allowed. But it's not as restricted and pursued as trying to cheat the system with multiple accounts, like for getting plat discounts, or selling event mods - trading them to main account to sell them later, etc.

As long as no rules are broken and no complaints gets to support, then you should be fine. But remember it's not advised ;)

What about sharing accounts? Is that allowed?

It is not allowed, as quoted from the Terms of Use Agreement:

The Account you create is personal to you and Digital Extremes does not allow the transfer of user Accounts.  You shall not purchase, sell, gift or trade any Account, or make any such offer, and any attempt shall be null and void.  Any distribution by you of your Account and/or your Login Credentials (except as expressly provided herein or otherwise explicitly approved of by Digital Extremes) may result in suspension or termination of your Account.

Although many players do possibly share their account with friends, so long as there's no illegal actions within your account, or any disclosed information regarding the act of such, you should be fine.

Edited by JRMC

it is... just be careful on who you trust ( at least i think so... someone prove me wrong if you can't)

It is not fully stated as not allowed but I would not advise doing so.

here is the part in the terms:

"The Account you create is personal to you and Digital Extremes does not allow the transfer of user Accounts.  You shall not purchase, sell, gift or trade any Account, or make any such offer, and any attempt shall be null and void.  Any distribution by you of your Account and/or your Login Credentials (except as expressly provided herein or otherwise explicitly approved of by Digital Extremes) may result in suspension or termination of your Account."

Sharing could be seen as account trading and could therefor be ban worthy.

Take good care of your account Tenno.

So, my wife's account that she doesn't play anymore.  Can't be in my clan huh? 

I think that having alt accounts is fine. Some of us veterans want to live the experience from the start and all we could do is this.

Trading between accounts in your possession can be a bannable thing, though it hasn't always be the case. I think this is because trading between accounts is likely to be a ban in case you exploit it. Getting discounted platinum when exploiting your alt's discount coupon, getting event mods illicitly at a faster rate, and other fishy actions are the best way to get banned. Using alt accounts to contribute to your main is also bannable: if you're sharing the connection with a friend/relative, you can alwyas send a message to Support and explain the situation.

As for trading and gifting? If you want to live a "start over" experience, by all means you shouldn't be gifting a year's worth of Potatos or cosmetics. Maybe some slots? But I have my doubts about that.

I don't know if you should speak with a DE employee directly. If I were you, I would give that a try, so long as you do not mean illicit actions - they're gonna find out if you're lying anyways.

Edited by -Vin-

As for trading and gifting? If you want to live a "start over" experience, by all means you shouldn't be gifting a year's worth of Potatos or cosmetics. Maybe some slots? But I have my doubts about that.

Well I mean, its just like 1 or 2 weapons, because now that I tried starting out, I realize how painful it is ._. :D

I still dont get the trading plat between both of your accounts is a big nono. I mean yeah someone i guess could do multiple accounts going for discounts, but you still are spending your own money to get the plat in the long run anyway. Most people never buy plat unless its the 50%+ coupon anyway.

Say i got one of my friends into the game and he got the 75% off in his first week playing. He has no clue if he is going to continue playing and doesn't think he wants to spend money on the game, or another friend doesn't have money at the time so says gimmie 50$ and i'll get the highest pack for you. How would this be any different or is this bannable too even though it would be impossible for them to track and warrent.

I still dont get the trading plat between both of your accounts is a big nono. I mean yeah someone i guess could do multiple accounts going for discounts, but you still are spending your own money to get the plat in the long run anyway. Most people never buy plat unless its the 50%+ coupon anyway.

Say i got one of my friends into the game and he got the 75% off in his first week playing. He has no clue if he is going to continue playing and doesn't think he wants to spend money on the game, or another friend doesn't have money at the time so says gimmie 50$ and i'll get the highest pack for you. How would this be any different or is this bannable too even though it would be impossible for them to track and warrent.

The difference is that they don't want people making multiple accounts for the explicit purpose of farming plat discounts, duplicate event mods, etc. The main reason, if i had to hazard a guess, is that it's bad for the in-game economy in some way. These restrictions are also likely a way to give them grounds to ban farm accounts used by RMT's and the like. (As a PS4 player, I don't know if RMT's are even a common problem for Warframe.)