Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grineer Commanders' Teleport Feature.

Spacetronaut

I'm all for an enemy that'll occasionally teleport you. I have no complaints about the gameplay feature itself. The feedback I have towards the animation itself is that it should be shorter.

You get "lifted" into the air and your FOV goes inside out. You reappear wherever it decides to teleport you.

Here's where it bothers me: for some reason, you look around confused, unable to control your Warframe in any way still.

There's nearly a full second of not being able to control your Warframe in any way, and, in a lot of cases, unless I bring a half-decent Warframe I'm not levelling, I end up getting downed due to not being able to get out of the way of Grineer fire.

Just my thoughts.

I think instead of teleporting the Tenno, he should instead teleport other Grineer or even spawn 2 or 3 near him(which makes him a priority target). As his name suggests, a Commander should be leading others. I just don't like how how he can do the Switch Teleport with little to no warning which, when combined with the stun, is just too annoying.

Edited by Knightmare047

i think the most faction that i hate for enemies is the grineer the corpus and infested are fine even tho the infested give me lag sometimes theyr most fine but the grineer man they are douchies theres the scorpions where they can be worst than a toxic ancient the butcher/powerfist are kinda ok just need to be careful but most of the lancers are slash gods troopers are an a** to kill because of armor seekers i feel like theyr guns are worst than balistas which are some B***** for sneaking and one shoting almost everything heavy gunners arent a problem only when standing still same to bombards only need to pay attention and kill fast but the worst are the napalms man how much do i ahte them and the arson eximus units the scorshes are even good guys compared to THOSE LIL BIG FAT FLAMING DEVIL 

I think the faction that i hate the most for enemies is the grineer.  The corpus and infested are fine.  Even though the infested give me lag sometimes, they're mostly fine but the grineer, man, they are douches.  There's the scorpions where they can be worse than a toxic ancient.  The butcher/powerfist are kinda okay, just need to be careful, but most of the lancers are slash gods.  Troopers are an a** to kill because of armor.  Seekers, i feel like their guns are worse than ballistas, which are some B***** for sneaking and one shotting almost everything.  Heavy gunners aren't a problem, only when standing still.  Same to bombards, only need to pay attention and kill fast, but the worst are the napalms.  Man, how much do i hate them and the arson eximus units, the scorches are even good guys compared to THOSE LIL BIG FAT FLAMING DEVIL 

made it legible

Edited by Thural

It's the exact same thing that happens to enemies targeted by Loki's Switch Teleport, and the Commanders aren't all that common of an enemy.

Yes, although any enemy that blatantly takes away a full second of control of your character is not only unfair, but it's not fun to the player at all. What's the point in playing a game if the game takes the control of the game away from you?

I'm fairly certain taking control away is the entire point.

Why else would he want to put a heavily armed foe in the midst of his allies?

i think the most faction that i hate for enemies is the grineer the corpus and infested are fine even tho the infested give me lag sometimes theyr most fine but the grineer man they are douchies theres the scorpions where they can be worst than a toxic ancient the butcher/powerfist are kinda ok just need to be careful but most of the lancers are slash gods troopers are an a** to kill because of armor seekers i feel like theyr guns are worst than balistas which are some B***** for sneaking and one shoting almost everything heavy gunners arent a problem only when standing still same to bombards only need to pay attention and kill fast but the worst are the napalms man how much do i ahte them and the arson eximus units the scorshes are even good guys compared to THOSE LIL BIG FAT FLAMING DEVIL 

Get better weapons if you're having trouble killing something. Or try mods; even a Braton is viable for the entire starchart if properly modded.

Yes, although any enemy that blatantly takes away a full second of control of your character is not only unfair, but it's not fun to the player at all. What's the point in playing a game if the game takes the control of the game away from you?

So any enemy that can knock you down? Shockwave Moas, Heavy Gunners, Bombards, Napalms, Scorpions, Ancients....Oh, my favorite, how about Manics that jump you, immobilize you for much longer, and probably kill you from their own high damage attacks in the process?

Usually when encountering a commander enemies around me have taken down my shields and chipped at my health, but rolling as soon as you can gets you away pretty well. Grineer need some kind of tricks that they can use on Tenno. They aren't as advanced as Corpus, so they don't have Nullifiers, Comba/Scrambus, or those horrid Sapping Ospreys. Unlike the Corpus protected by groups of Nullifiers every Grineer (aside from Manics) is extremely susceptible to any and all CC from Warframe powers. Even the Infested can get some protection from CC by having Ancient Healers absorb stagger procs.

It's been a complaint for over a year. Don't expect DE to change it for whatever stupid reason. Try fighting against 20 commanders in the simulation room without pre-emptively using an ability. At least allow one of them to teleport you first. You'll be stun locked without any chance to fight back. There's also no way to avoid the ability either as they have perfect aim with it.

Actually most of the game feels like you need to cheat before you enemy does. How often do CC Warframes with huge range actually cast their skills when they see the enemy? They often have to cast it way ahead of time. I'm really sad that Warframe isn't actually based on reflexes and your ability to aim anymore.... This is what happens when you try to make power creep a selling point; you'll have to balance the game around cheap tactics both by the enemies and the players.

Edited by SicSlaver

I would say the main issue is that there is no way to counter or prepare for that happening to a player. When we can visually see and accept things we draw an understanding of how to deal with it. It's much like if you were playing a D&D game and your dungeonmaster says you fall into a trap after walking into a room and didn't allow you any means to check for traps or find some means to escape it. Hitting a player with something they have no means of dealing with is wrong for this type of game genre.