The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So..i Have No Idea What I'm Doing(Crafting/missions/clans)

Emolga

Question

Hello there, I've been playing warframe off and on for the past few years and frankly still don't quite understand what I'm doing. Gameplay wise I've got the hang of it for the most part, but completing schematics, obtaining ingredients and this annoying dog quest thing have caused me to quit, uninstall then pick it back up after a few months. Since I started playing I've been stuck using the MAG warframe, I'd like to use others but I'm struggling to figure out how, I've also been stuck with the same weapons since the beginning(accept my sword).

All I'm asking for his some advice from more experience and competent players.

8 answers to this question

to get a new warframe you need to find out where it drops, generally from the assassination missions at the end of a planet. Once you have all the parts built, then buy the blueprint from the market and build the frame. If you need resources, then you can ask in recruiting chat. Generally people will be happy to help newer players, and I can assure you they still need resources regardless of how long they've been playing.

1 - Kill stuff to get blueprints.

2 - Go to the foundry and look at the blueprints, see what they need.

3 - Go to a planet and click on it, what that planet drops is listed on the right.

4 - If you don't have a planet that drops something, clear out and then kill the boss of existing planets to unlock new planets.

5 - Once you have the materials, build the thing in the foundry and wait, then claim it once it's done.

6 - For frames, once you have the helmet/chassis/systems built, grab the main blueprint from the market and build that to complete it.

Also ignore the Kubrow quest for now.  It unlocks far before you're ready for it.

The market place is a good source of Weapon blueprints to buy for credits.

If you head over to your foundry, you can view any and all blueprints that you have acquired. Clicking on one, you can get a better idea of what resources you need to craft it.

-Once you've figured out what you need, head to the navigation at the front of the ship and mouse over an available planet. The surrounding UI will tell you what resources drop there. All of the resources listed will drop from any mission from that planet, so no worries about finding specific ones.
-Resources themselves drop from enemies, crates and lockers, which you will find throughout every mission and will look like either fat little yellow or green and black cylinders.
-Once you've gathered the resources, just head on back to the Foundry and click on the listed blueprint to start building it.

For Warframe, they require parts such as the chassis and helmet. These specific blueprints are found by killing specific bosses though more recent Warframe may be found elsewhere such as Clan research and Quests. To figure out where to find specific Warframe, I would suggest giving the Wiki a looking over: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Warframes

Hope this gives a little more detail.

+1 for "stupid dog quest", you Sir really catch the essence of warframe. ;-)

Not so experience but:

1. Try to unlock every node (mission tile) on solar map. It gives generally good direction.

2. Frame Blueprints can be bought in the Market. Frame parts mostly drop from bosses. Easy to get are Rhino from Venus Boss, and Valkyr from Jupiter boss. Also Oberon just randomly drops in any void mission. And nyx drops from Phorid Assasination Infestacion Invasion (it will happen here and there). Ember from Saturn requires google " how to beat Warframe Saturn Boss (Sargas Ruk)" since this one if a bit toughter (go for shinny parts).

3. If you dont mind joining clan, tenno lab allows to copy more warframe BP, but clan frames are a bit gimmick, so not top priority.

4. Once you unlocked all nodes on planet you can build extractor to collect resources from said planet. Fully unlocking Marcury/Venus/Mars is rather easy.

5. Some weapons could be bought with just credits from maret (especially main weapons), that is some way to check if we like the style. (this weapons is in "buy a weapon" bookmark. Generally getting new weapons is easy buy buying BP from market "Market>Weapons>Primary/Secondary/Melee weapon BP"  and collecting resources. Resources from each planet are visible on nav map when you mouse over it, or when in planet nodes view on left. Or... wikia/google "Warframe X farm". Defence missions seems to be good at resources farming.

6. Try to go for Archwing quest, you may need to get Mastery Rank 2 for that. To obtain more schematics in excavation mission you need to collect x100 resource. (each 100 is another part)

Helpfull video from fat guy on internet:

More tips:

7. If you have spare resources/credits build using market and foundry "Carrier sentinel" this little guy will collect loot from ground for you which can double the fun from warframe. It could also be learn other tricks with mods. And his gun sweeper is somehow useful even more if you put on it freeze.

Unfortunetly it is not so good on Spy mission (happy trigger to agro enemies) so either set it off for spy mission, or buid another "Shade" or just work around it.

As always, I recommend all new players read a guide..  (My forum version of the guide is in the player written guides sticky-topic.

For a game about shooting enemies in the face, Warframe is really complex.  My guide is stripped down to the bare minimum of things that a new player needs to know or understand.

I've tried to make it as short as possible, but at this point, leaving anything out will leave my readers lost on SOMETHING basic.

That said, if you have critiques, PLEASE let me know.  I promise my guide is good, but I can't promise that it's perfect.