Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

The Ps4 Community's Ungreatfulness To The Void Trader

IRVoidGuru

easy to see iv never been on the forums before , today i had enough of an outrage with this repeatedly occurring situation to come and post about it. from the beginning of the void trader iv never been unhappy with anything he has brought , repeats and all . but after getting into a conversation with alliance members , i had told them what items are coming next as per there request and the first comment i get is , " oh, so BS  ". i explained how comments like that are why the void trader was REMOVED for a cycle from PC , and continuing to do so may get his discontinuance to move to PS4, the comment right after that " or changed to something good " , i had told them that the void trader was good they were simply being ungrateful. 

why would our devs want to replace the void trader if we cant even appreciate what we were already given, i feel as if the void trader is spoiling the ungrateful members of my server , i feel as if there needs to be a system put in place to see who honestly cares about the void traders continued appearance, or the void trader should at least be temporarily removed from PS4 until such time as they realize the value of consistently adding new content to the game without a platinum requirement.  Thank You for reading and plz , if you are a PS4 member and have never had an issue with the void trader , please comment or post because at this point iv lost a large amount of hope for my server as it is

Well, not being bias, but I never had much complaints about him on the PS4. Of course I find that he could step up, but hey who am I?! People in general like to complain as this is much easier than upbuild or being optimistic.... But DE has promised to step up his game so until then we should wait, p.s. PS4 is like 5 weeks behind PC. So we got time out there!

Edited by (PS4)AngelShur

As long as Baro keeps bringing things I don't have yet, be they weapons, primed mods, or skins, I'll keep buying them.  I mean, what else am I going to do with this massive stockpile of Sicarus Prime parts.  Thing got vaulted, and people still don't want to buy it.  I have ducats to spare, and then some.

I won't mind tossing a few to Baro for a potato, so I don't have to wait for one from an alert/event, or deal with Trade Chat to earn plat and buy one...

Edited by (PS4)Rakiokon

I like the trader, I like that he offers something new and different (in general).  I don't find most of his offerings useful for me personally but i'm not complaining just waiting patiently.  I figure i'll check in every other week and if he has a prime mod I don't have, i'll pick it up.  What it means for me personally though is I don't really visit the void much anymore.  Not really a reason to do it once you have the frames and weapons and you don't need the ducats.

My impression is that people who complain are sort of tied to the grind and it might have something to do with the age of the player base.  When you have a bunch of young kids or people who don't want to pay money for plat to get items in game, the trader is something slightly different.  The trader to those individuals is a way to cheaply and easily get a fancy item or about the same amount of grind they normally do in the void.  So of course they will complain because they want awesome weapons, prime mods, and i'm sure many want frames in there because its free and easy to grind ducats.  So forget the plat, just grind ducats and buy as much from the trader as possible and then sell them in trade for plats or simply just equip yourself with the stuff that someone else payed plat for.

I get the "Why" of the complaining.  What I think DE should just do is flat out push ignore on those individuals since it is simply just whining with no substance (are people really leaving WF because of a trader???? I don't think so).  Otherwise, just pull him completely and make game events repeatable that offer the same items.  So yeah I might have beat a given part of the story but maybe once a year I get a shot at a questline that will allow me to get a cool prime mod.

im happy to see consistently good responses , in the relays every time the void trader is up , in my clan , and ally chat i see nothing like this , consistently opposite actually  , i was starting to feel as if i was the only 1 on my server with something good to say about Baro

That's not representative of the PS4 community. I like Baro, he serves valuable purpose as a duplicate item void sink, so trading isn't cluttered. And yes it can get worse, we've all seen it year one when Baro wasn't around.

I don't get the hate either for what he brings, it's what it is. The cosmetics are great for players looking to get into fashion frame. He's beneficial, but it's this crazy notion if he brings anything good, you're going to have one side screaming power creep, as if the endless mobs of hitscan fodder are cute puppies worth protecting. Yet everyone clamors for Primed Flow and Primed Continuity.

It's crazy, but please remember not everyone in the PS4 community thinks he's a worthless game mechanic.

• 3 weeks later...

I like the void trader,sometimes he brings good stuff i need sometimes he has things i don't want but overall i think he is a good thing,can't expect primed mods,event mods or weapons every time and what one person calls crap another finds useful,most baro hate i see is pc based and most ps4 players appreciate him

• 2 weeks later...

I think it would be rather harsh an approach to ban the void trader just cause people complain. People complain cause there is nothing they want cause it's so spaced out and they wait so long and with RNG as it is the odds of it not having an item you need or actually have is actually pretty high. And it is frustrating,I know they have a vision of an organic choas driven RNG but they have to balance these things less the void trader is no longer a draw and those players fade away to play other games.

But it would be nice if it was something old and something new every time. Perhaps a solution could be a void trader blind pack and only buy one per visit from the trader it would have items the trader gives in there rotation that would give a reason to care he is there.