The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Weapons Should I Get?

Loquen

Question

so, i'm kinda new to this game (rank 3 halfway through), and so far i'm having a really hard time killing corpus, greniers, and ancient disruptors on infestation. i currently have: Karak, Kunai, and Double heat swords, i have in my inventory a max lvl heat swords. I havent crafted any other weapon so far. I picked excalibur at the start, and right now i have rhino crafting. what have i done wrong, or what weapons/frames could i craft? i have 1 orokin catalyst (the one for the weapons) that i havent used.

some people told me about getting the sonicor, then the tigris, and then the tonkor. Is that right to do so?

10 answers to this question

The problems you are encountering are due to underleveled mods, which are where the real damage on your equipment comes from.

You should focus on trying to acquire Serration, Hornet Strike, and Pressure Point, the raw damage mods for primary, secondary, and melee weapons respectively. (Trading may be the easiest way.)

All good advice. Some weapons do perform better than others, but a lot of it is mods and playstyle too. Tigris has incredible base damage, but a lot of people don't like the 2 shot clip and firing mechanic.

I know it's hard to experiment with limited credits, but concentrate on mods, watch what other players use, and feel free to ask questions. A lot of the really great weapons are Mastery locked, so you'll have to go through a lot of weapons and frames before you're eligible anyway.

My recommendations: Hek shotgun, Kulstar pistol (beware self damage), and Dual Cleavers. Hek/Cleavers also have "Augment" mods from Steel Meridian you can earn or trade for which make them even better.

The problems you are encountering are due to underleveled mods, which are where the real damage on your equipment comes from.

You should focus on trying to acquire Serration, Hornet Strike, and Pressure Point, the raw damage mods for primary, secondary, and melee weapons respectively. (Trading may be the easiest way.)

All good advice. Some weapons do perform better than others, but a lot of it is mods and playstyle too. Tigris has incredible base damage, but a lot of people don't like the 2 shot clip and firing mechanic.

I know it's hard to experiment with limited credits, but concentrate on mods, watch what other players use, and feel free to ask questions. A lot of the really great weapons are Mastery locked, so you'll have to go through a lot of weapons and frames before you're eligible anyway.

My recommendations: Hek shotgun, Kulstar pistol (beware self damage), and Dual Cleavers. Hek/Cleavers also have "Augment" mods from Steel Meridian you can earn or trade for which make them even better.

this is actually great, i randoly chose the steel meridian as my faction! :D i'll give them a shot, thanks man!

i already have them, but even with them they dont seem to do much. I'll try leveling them up

i already have them, but even with them they dont seem to do much. I'll try leveling them up

That's the hard part sorted. Each additional rank adds equal to the mods unranked stat (+15% damage per rank for Serration), and doubles the fusion cost, so getting them to rank 6 is a good early balance.

i already have them, but even with them they dont seem to do much.

Probably because you have them at like rank 0 or 1. Like you said yourself rank them up. 165% extra damage is really good. Do the math and you'll see. Lethal Torrent (Hell's Chamber for shotty) gives you more bullets per shot which is also real nice.

What Kthal said.

If you have the damage mods, rank them up and take a look at the Damage 2.0 chart to see what's good against what.

MGLBlaze recently did a couple of vids on low MR

and
weapons, which hits almost all the notes I would have covered.

Also the wiki has a list of all the weapons, by MR (though not sure how up-do-date it is).

Personal recommendation would be Strun/Boar/Kohm until you hit MR 4, then get a Hek (or Tigris) and an Atomos as work-horse weapons.

Both of them should last you a good long time, as both are "end-game"-worthy, once tarted up with all the best mods.

Edited by Chroia

One more note: Orokin Catalysts and Orokin Reactors are super precious. They only show up rarely in alerts or invasions. Otherwise, you can only buy them in the market via Platinum (that you either paid real money for, or got via trading stuff to other players).

It's best to only put these in weapons and frames you know you will love and keep. If you have any doubts on whether or not to install one, don't install one. Ask friends or clan mates for their opinions.

Try looking up tactical potato on YouTube he has a whole video dedicated to good starter weapons from primary's secondary's and even melees

I agree with most of his opinions. Tac'Tato doing an excellent good job of streamlining the basics for new players.