The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Can't Mesa's Peacemaker Damage Objects?

LazyW0lf

Question

I can't find a way to generalize the things that Mesa can't damage with Peacemaker, so the title may seem...confusing.

Running T3 defenses as Mesa started becoming a chore when I realized that Peacemaker does not damage Nullifier shields or Arctic Eximus shields. Instead, she shoots blanks at them. Is this a bug or is this intentional? Other controlled 4th abilities can break them, (Exalted Blade, Hysteria, Artemis Bow, Primal Fury (Maybe? Haven't tested)) so why can't Peacemaker? It seems like an unneeded nerf when other abilities that do more damage and cost less energy can be more effective.

11 answers to this question

Arctic would seem like something is fishy, however. Peacmaker should not damage Nullifier shields. The whole concept of Nullifiers are to protect the enemies under it from Warframe skills, Peacmaker is a Warframe skill.

Are you sure she can't destroy the Arctic eventual, sinc eshe deals less damage now?

And if other Warframe skills can destroy the Nullifiers, i would say that it is indeed very weird and shows some inconsistencys that need some looking into.

The whole concept of Nullifiers are to protect the enemies under it from Warframe skills, Peacmaker is a Warframe skill.

This line right here. Null bubbles are supposed to cancel any powers when the frame passes inside it, protecting the personnel inside. (not so much) powers should be able to chip the bubble down since it's not a shield like the arctic eximus have. 

Edited by LordOfScrugging

Arctic would seem like something is fishy, however. Peacmaker should not damage Nullifier shields. The whole concept of Nullifiers are to protect the enemies under it from Warframe skills, Peacmaker is a Warframe skill.

Are you sure she can't destroy the Arctic eventual, sinc eshe deals less damage now?

And if other Warframe skills can destroy the Nullifiers, i would say that it is indeed very weird and shows some inconsistencys that need some looking into.

I have wailed on an Arctic Eximus for a solid 2 minutes without the Ice Shield being taken down.

Also, I have tested Exalted Blade and Hysteria, and they can both damage nullifier shields.

I have wailed on an Arctic Eximus for a solid 2 minutes without the Ice Shield being taken down.

Also, I have tested Exalted Blade and Hysteria, and they can both damage nullifier shields.

I find this to be weird,  i am not questioning you. But it is weird. It is a huge inconsistencies that need to be brought up to the devs attention. Either a Shield should block all of a type, or none. There should not be a case where ex:" Ember Fireball, will deal damage / Shrink the bubble on either the Nullifiers or the Arctic bubble. But Mesa's Peacemaker's are not. This is of course something that should not be limited to the discussion of one frame or one ability.

Mechanically? Because:

Peacemaker targets enemies.

Nullifier bubbles are objects, not enemies.

Arctic bubbles are objects, not enemies.

Arctic bubbles shield things inside from getting targetted/affected (not certain which) by abilities originating outside the bubble.

Valkyr claws are a melee weapon. If they hit the bubble, they hurt it.

Exalted Blade is a melee weapon + physical projectiles. If they hit the bubble, they hurt it.

Peacemaker is hitscan. It doesn't interact with the bubbles.

Edited by Chroia

All warframe abilities can damage a nullifier bubble (if they do damage), mag shield disruption, limbo cataclysm, frost avalanche, etc. Theoretically, if Mesa cannot damage an enemy because a shield/bubble is in the way, it should do damage to the thing that intercepted the damage like all other abilities do.

Shock can't, for instance.

Same reason: There's no actual projectile to hit the bubble.

-----

But is it a intended design or a oversight of her ability?

It make no sense in a comparable instance, that Excalibur can damage the bubble and Mesa can not.

Indeed.