The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oberon Lovers Welcome

dudeskio

Question

Long time player, though just recently started getting a little more hardcore into the game.

I've loved Oberon's style since he was released, so I am pretty much hellbent on making him work.  I decided to go with a more tanky/support style build, and after a little bit of research and a couple of Forma's, this is what I've come up with.

Rage, Quick Thinking, Intensify, Streamline, Flow, Armored Agility, Vitality, Steel Fiber, and typically Rejuvenation in my aura slot.

Things goes relatively smoothly coupled with my Vectis Prime or Boltor Prime, and much of the time I am partnering with my brother that mains EV Trinity.  I have been soloing many high level missions, farming creds and R5 cores with ease.

I guess the reason I'm posting this is simply to throw it out there that I am loving this build, and wondering if maybe any of you other Oberon lovers out there have some additional tips to share, or even if some of you use a similiar build.

Also, har har, "sell Oberon," and, "Loki Master Race," stuff aside, I find the game more enjoyable as a Warframe that I gel with.  I'm not looking to get flamed, or to start a debate as to if he's even worth using, or who is better, or anything of the sort.  Thanks in advance for your responses!

11 answers to this question

That's fantastic to read. I really enjoy seeing other's enjoy their favorite frame regardless of how it may be perceived by others. I am going to use mine some more just to see what I can do with him. If you don't mind me asking, what slots did you forma (which polarity) and are you running anything in the exilus slot? I see you only have 8 mods listed and your Aura mod, so that leaves room for an exilus if I'm not mistaken.

Actually, in order to fit all of these in all I needed to do was polarize one empty slot as Vazarin, and swapped the aura slot out for the same.

I've been kind of mulling over the idea of unlocking the Exilus slot, though I just can't find a mod that would make it nearly worth it.  Maybe I'll go back and check through them again to see what might help.  I certainly have the time and Forma's to go about it one or two more times.  I do like the look of Coaction Drift and Power Drift.

I'm a huge Rush fan, but I have started using the Drift mods on certain builds, so I have to say the exilus slot is definitely worth it. Especially now that Simaris is giving out daily targets, its easy to farm rep for blueprints. I have four adapters built and working on a fifth. At the rate of rep, I should have enough for every frame very soon! LOL

Broberon was my first crafted Frame and still is my most-used one (though Loki and Ember are getting ever closer),

he's taken me through much of the star chart back when, as well as The Second Dream :D

Here's the build I've been using recently:

Energy Syphon / Corrosive Projection

Enemy Sense (stacked with Animal Instinct woo)

Intensify

Transient Fortitude

Stretch

Overextended (R2)

Streamline

Fleeting Expertise (R4)

Primed Continuity

Vitality

High Efficiency for max ability spamming, good Strength (dat ~3k damage Smite),

some nice Range for Reckoning slams / lockdowns and a decent Hallowed Ground.

I too love Oberon and I feel like he is a great frame to just go with fewer corrupted mods because his abilities benefit from pretty much everything. 

OP I think that you have too much survivability and not enough mods to benefit his powers. 

High Efficiency for max ability spamming, good Strength (dat ~3k damage Smite),

some nice Range for Reckoning slams / lockdowns and a decent Hallowed Ground.

Where are you getting 3K damage from? Your build has +55% strength which is only ~750 damage. 

This is the build I'm working toward but my dilemma is whether to include an armor mod and if so which one? With base armor Oberon gets a 33% damage reduction. Adding Armored Agility bumps that to 42% and adding Steel Fiber bumps it to 51%. Steel Fiber is a 9% increase over Agility but Agility provides a nice movement speed boost(which IMO Oberon needs) Plus he gets additional armor from Hallowed Ground. 

So here is what I'm thinking. http://goo.gl/NR05oN

I don;t have P Continuity but if you do, it'd be a great substitute for the regular one. 

Where are you getting 3K damage from? Your build has +55% strength which is only ~750 damage. 

Don't forget about those "secondary" projectiles, yo.

The amount spawned scales with Strength so the total damage rises pretty quickly

(if you remove Overextended for +85% it goes up to 4k already).

Actually, in order to fit all of these in all I needed to do was polarize one empty slot as Vazarin, and swapped the aura slot out for the same.

I've been kind of mulling over the idea of unlocking the Exilus slot, though I just can't find a mod that would make it nearly worth it.  Maybe I'll go back and check through them again to see what might help.  I certainly have the time and Forma's to go about it one or two more times.  I do like the look of Coaction Drift and Power Drift.

personally I usually run a handspring so i can just bounce back up in a very nice amount of time if something tries to knock me over unless i'm running Constitution