The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Broken War Vs War, Which Is Better?

(XBOX)KingUnlimited0

Question

20 answers to this question

If you enjoy playing LoL as Garen, Galatine with Primed Reach and Cleaving Whirlwind. If you enjoy playing SSBM using the hammer everytime. Galatine with Primed Reach and Cleaving Whirlwind.

If you just want to unlock the Warframe sword only mode and still be able to beat endgame content with a single sword. Galatine and Primed Reach is your answer. You can build Galatine by buying the BP from the Market. It's a sword you will love and adore, not just because it is huge and has, a long reach, but because it is the best and most beautiful sword both in looks and numbers. You can bleed an entire room with a swing with that thing.

Broken-War is the best one-hand sword melee.

War is the best heavy blade melee.

War is the best heavy blade melee (of it's damage type).

I would still place other weapons above it for their respectable damage types. Galatine is still the best slash heavy in many people's books.  

Actually with the new Blood Rush mod, War is a much better red crit build choice than Broken War or Galatine. I don't have War but I did a red crit build on Broken War and it cannot match Destreza which produced 8K-20K red crits after 10-15 kills or so (past 30 mins survival). Chances are War *may* have dethroned Galatine in the crit department.

Red crits are actually not desired result, personally I forfeit crit mod on melee in favor of damage mod if melee has more then 15% crit chance (and all melee weapons I use do) and use just blood rush /body count which give enough cit chance on their own for pure melee build. 

There is no answer to this. They are both very different (but great) weapons and serve different purposes. This is like saying "Which is better, apples or apple juice?" Apples are eaten and can be used in desserts since they are tart and/or sweet while apple juice is for drinking and is a liquid. It depends on the situation if there is an answer to this but best option is to have both.

Actually with the new Blood Rush mod, War is a much better red crit build choice than Broken War or Galatine. I don't have War but I did a red crit build on Broken War and it cannot match Destreza which produced 8K-20K red crits after 10-15 kills or so (past 30 mins survival). Chances are War *may* have dethroned Galatine in the crit department.

Takes too much time to setup and ramp up then one mistake and its back down below again. I'll take instant consistency any day. I guess in this case yeah war can outperform but in high end where 4x cp and slash prices are king I'll take gala.

How is impact the best heavy weapon damage type? War has the best RAW DAMAGE but that's about it. Scindo prime is still the best heavy bladet weapon as it combines status, crit and slash damage. The combination enables a viral+slash status combination on amazing basedamage. This effectively means additional finisher damage on halved health and devasts absolutely evrything in this game...

Also broken war > War dps wise, not because of the slash status but because of the higher speed and stance multipliers (crimson dervish)... the radial dps doesn't even suffer that much eather as it has a pretty decent range.

The one benefit of the war is the utility that results from using tempo royale, the broken war is the better weapon tho.

On a sidenote as i mentioned the combination on the scindo: use the d-nikana with this combination for the best results. Pair it with saryn and replace viral with something else (preferably CC or a dbuff aka corrosive) for even better results.

Also keep an eye on heavy crit weapon as they get a MASSIVE boost with the mods that'll dropp from the next event on consoles. (Prisma) cleavers and dual ichors will become the best melee weapons then. (Combo x Multiple instances of red crits ~)

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

Takes too much time to setup and ramp up then one mistake and its back down below again. I'll take instant consistency any day. I guess in this case yeah war can outperform but in high end where 4x cp and slash prices are king I'll take gala.

Not really, even at just 3x (45 strikes) your damage is amped up significantly, and that hardly take time.

Also, in endgame 4 CPs the much higher raw damage of the War will outmatch the Broken War through sheer brutality. Contrary to popular belief, Broken War beats War when enemies do have armour, through Bleed stacking.

Not really, even at just 3x (45 strikes) your damage is amped up significantly, and that hardly take time.

Also, in endgame 4 CPs the much higher raw damage of the War will outmatch the Broken War through sheer brutality. Contrary to popular belief, Broken War beats War when enemies do have armour, through Bleed stacking.

Dont forget about crimson dervish damage multiplier though. It actually makes broken war higher dmg per hit then war, just it's much shorter and wont hit nearly as many enemies.

Dont forget about crimson dervish damage multiplier though. It actually makes broken war higher dmg per hit then war, just it's much shorter and wont hit nearly as many enemies.

That, and also attacks slower, on top of the fact that Tempo Royale's combos have a lot of multipliers, and purely from a DPS perspective Cleaving Whirlwind's Broken Bull spin of doom is unreachable as far as DPS goes since it does double strikes at 400% modifier versus Crimson Dervish 300% on speed reduction.

On top of the fact that War has an extra 5% crit chance, freeing you a mod slot, and more importantly 2x crit damage compared to 1.5x.

That, and also attacks slower, on top of the fact that Tempo Royale's combos have a lot of multipliers, and purely from a DPS perspective Cleaving Whirlwind's Broken Bull spin of doom is unreachable as far as DPS goes since it does double strikes at 400% modifier versus Crimson Dervish 300% on speed reduction.

On top of the fact that War has an extra 5% crit chance, freeing you a mod slot, and more importantly 2x crit damage compared to 1.5x.

Exactly.

On the broken war side of things... I prefer the Vengeful Revenant stance over Crimson Dervish for end-game. The guaranteed proc along with the 1.5x multipliers and 9 multistrikes allow me to build melee counters at 12 per combo and apply status much more consistently while losing next to no overall damage. Pairing that with berserker / body count / blood rush I feel it far outclasses Crimson Dervish.