The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Platinum Purchased From The Steam Store Tradable?

cykaman

Question

13 answers to this question

*reads the topic and gets a small brain fart*

Umm... What you are trying to ask is. Can you trade the mods of the packages purchased with money through steam able to be traded?

I think all the in game items can be traded to other in game items but remember all items outside of the game are not allowed to be traded in to in game items.

That is strange then, and conflicts with info on the Wiki and Reddit which says the only stuff you cannot trade is that which you have not paid for (starter, login, promo, etc).

I purchased Plat through Steam, but not in the pack you mention so cannot say 100%.

If you are in no rush maybe PM a mod or raise a support ticket for a definitive answer.

That is strange then, and conflicts with info on the Wiki and Reddit which says the only stuff you cannot trade is that which you have not paid for (starter, login, promo, etc).

I purchased Plat through Steam, but not in the pack you mention so cannot say 100%.

If you are in no rush maybe PM a mod or raise a support ticket for a definitive answer.

Will do, thank you for the help. How do I check if Platinum is tradable? Thanks.

Will do, thank you for the help. How do I check if Platinum is tradable? Thanks.

If that plat appears on the in-game trading window, then it's tradeable. AFAIK, that's the only way to check.

Edited by GNAAHH

Yeah, what you can see in the trade window is that which is available for trade, not your actual plat balance.

Also, you mentioned earlier about gifting.

I'm pretty sure that if the plat cannot be traded, you could still for example buy a Catalyst in the market and gift the item to a friend.

You can't gift the plat as such, but you can gift items you can buy in the store through the game.

Edit: Also, one of the reviews of the Mobilize pack on Steam said it was OK to use the plat for trade.

Edit2: Hmm, others say it couldn't be used.

Edit3: Well another review mentions the plat issue being "fixed", and other more recent reviews say trading was fine, maybe initially it was not OK, but got changed?

I think its fair to say its a bit vague.

If you want to be sure try and get official word on it!

Edited by Egg_Chen

Hello, fellow space ninjas.

I have contacted Digital Extreme Support just now and am currently awaiting a response.

It would be GREATLY appreciated if anyone who has bought a pack replied to prove/disprove my claims, thanks all!